StudentsReview :: Weill Cornell Medical College

6.9 (B)
Patient Interaction
Job Assistance
7.7 (B+)
Overall, how would you rate the quality of your school?
Helpful Advising
Meeting People
Romance
Business
0.8 (F)
Cornell is certainly a mixed bag.  It has great housing, and is in the most exciting city in the world.  The sciences are good, and you can go anywhere for training that you desire.

The level of unhappiness of faculty and residents, and the degree of cynicism that is taught, or inculcated, still follows me to this day.  But although you don't stay all night at most rotations (except perhaps ob-gyn, done at outside hospitals), you will “be ready” because of the intellectual atomsphere.

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to the Medical School

Loma Linda was a mediocre college for nursingQuite BrightNursing
Loma Linda was a mediocre college for nursing and the cost was really out of range for a nursing degree. There was nothing special about the education we received. I was not SDA and I was actually discouraged from being a nurse by the dean of the school. Now I have been a nurse for 23 years. I think she was wrong to do that. Her reason was that I did not keep my dorm room tidy enough so I should quit nursing school. I guess on top of the untidy room she did not like me--thank you, Dean King. My recent problem with them has been that the had a lawyer contact me, telling me that I owed them for a loan. I had several school loans and I guess somewhere along the line I lost track of this one. They did not bother to contact me for 20 years. With interest and fees they are making me pay three times the original amount of the loan--and I had already paid off part of it when I lost track of it. It's not like they could not have found me sooner. I'm working as an RN--that's what I graduated from their school as. I had the loan partially paid off. It makes me sick. I think that they are unethical in their loan practices. They are required to make a legitimate, timely effort to contact the graduate. They could have found me easily but then they would not have been able to collect all this money.
Preparedness: D+ Reputation: F
The University of Michigan is an awesome institution.Quite BrightNursing
The University of Michigan is an awesome institution. I had to work really hard & study a lot, but if you choose to attend a school of the caliper of Michigan, then that's what you're signing up for. In addition, I have always wanted to work in a very specific nursing field. Thus, in my multi-state search for a job after graduation, I was lucky enough to land 5 interviews, all out of state, and all thanks to Michigan's name. I am in a job that I ADORE, and beat out several hundred applicants just to get to the interview. I am now in graduate school and have come to realize just how phenomenal Michigan's nursing school really is. Their teaching strategies, technology, clinical experiences, evidence-based focus, and overall nursing program are steps ahead of other schools and I am so thankful for the experiences provided. GO BLUE!
Starting Job: Pediatric Nurse; Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+
I moved to another state after I graduatedQuite BrightNursing
I moved to another state after I graduated from CNR, and nobody here had even heard of New Rochelle. The school's reputation has had nothing to do with me getting a job. I got a job because I have a lot of energy, a good attitude toward my profession, and a bachelor's degree. If I could do it all over again, I would have attained that degree elsewhere.

CNR is not receptive to its students needs, it is an inefficient and highly disorganized institution. I was not surprised that after all my time, money, and efforts spent at CNR, after graduation they did not send out surveys to ask former students what they could improve on. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR STUDENTS. They are digging a hole for themselves. The only reason that the school still exists is because a bunch of little old ladies who went there in the 1930's and 1940's loved it so much that they donate gobs of money to them every year. Guess what?! Before you know it, they will not be here to donate any more money, and the alumni remaining will only remember how terrible CNR was, and then the school won't get any more funding! I am not proud of the fact that I went to school at CNR and I do not voluntarily talk about my college experience because I think it is embarrassing and a huge waste of money. I don't recommend this school to anyone.

Starting Job: Research Assistant, unemployed bum, Critical Care Nurse; Preparedness: D+ Reputation: F

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→