StudentsReview :: The University of South Florida Medical School

Knowledge Level
Helping Doctor
Patient Interaction
Job Assistance
Overall, how would you rate the quality of your school?
Helpful Advising
Level of Burnout
Social Life
Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance
Business

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to the Medical School

Some instructors were great and wanted students toBrightNursing
Some instructors were great and wanted students to succeed. Others were terrible and made the class horrible;unwilling to answer questions, closed the door on your face when going to office hours, not concerened about student success. I wish I could say I learned a lot but often times was too stressed out due to having to do things the way the insructor wanted them which took away a lot from actually learning the material--ego issues. If I had to do it all over I would attend another school. When I had to deal with the administration(i.e. financial aid, registrar, HOUSING), I was very disaapointed. I was often left on hold for a long time or the dept never answered the phone. Once in a while a nice person would answer the phone but most of the time I was spoken to in a rude manner. Often times I would have to call 8-10 times about the same issue with the end result--the issue not being resolved. I would be transferred back to another dept then be told I had to talk to someone else and be sent to another dept. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. There is a major disconnect at this school. The school does a good job at promoting itself--but when you actually attend, it is a different story. I would never attend again. Also, the area around the school seems run down and there isn't a lot to do. I have attended other schools and this was not the case. I felt supported and the area around the school was nice. Apply to several schools and use this one as a last resort. You hear the president talking about what a great school it is and how everything is about the students---it is not. For example, there used to be hand sanitizer around the school for students to use. There no longer is because of budget cuts. What is with that??? Budget cuts? Our tuition goes up all the time and the school cant afford hand sanitizer?? We can always be certain that the athletic fee will be charged to every student each semester. This makes a lot of sense--make sure we have excess money for the sports teams but take away hand sanitizer. I think it said some where on the usf website that student health is number one for the university. RIGHT. But its all about the sports teams making the school look good. I don't like how we must pay all these extra fees which aren't even explained and then things like that happen. I called and asked about what all the fees were for, the employee laughed and couldn't even answer me. I will be graduating soon and overall I am sorry I chose this school. Housing was terrible also---high rent and poor conditions--mold in buildings and dirty housing conditions. BUT remember, student health is number one priorty of the school. Make sure you pay your housing on time or you might get charged a late fee--who cares about the mold is the attitude--- I have attended other schools and you pay your tuition and you can focus on school. I have lived on campus at other schools and the housing was well maintained and clean here it is horrible and the worst part is that no one cares. Here all semester, you are assessed fees and you cant even understand where they are from. Call and ask, forget it you will go in circles trying to get an answer.
4th Year Female -- Class 2011
USF was my second choice school and IQuite BrightNursing
USF was my second choice school and I was pretty bummed when I didn't get into my first choice since I didn't know much about USF. After orientation I was super excited about coming here cause it turned out to be every thing I hoped it would be. For such a large school everything is pretty close and I can get to almost any of my classes in under 10 minutes on my bike. After attending my first soccer game I was hooked. The USF fan base is awesome and it felt great cheering along with other students. I became so close to the people in my residence hall I mostly refer to them as my "family". I suggest that any freshman choose to live in a traditional style dorm room. Although it may suck to share a bathroom and have a roommate, it is the absolute best way to meet people. Also get as involved with the school as much as possible you will enjoy your time here so much more! Lastly don't forget that the reason you are in college is to get an education, don't get too wrap up in the whole party scene.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
9 out of 10 classes have been disorganized,Quite BrightNursing
9 out of 10 classes have been disorganized, the professors have been difficult to reach, often not responding to email for days weeks or ever. I am in the masters program for nursing (ARNP). Every studnet I have spoke to, buth currently in the program and ones that have graduated. My experience has been universal. Avoid the nursing program at USF if you have another option.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2012