StudentsReview :: The University of New England Medical School

Helping Doctor
Patient Interaction
Job Assistance
0.8 (F)
Overall, how would you rate the quality of your school?
Helpful Advising
Level of Burnout
Social Life
Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance
Business

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to the Medical School

If you are an incoming freshman or prospectiveQuite BrightPreMed and Medical
If you are an incoming freshman or prospective transfer student reading this: please read this whole thing before deciding to come here. So many times I wish someone had told me what this school was really like. I only chose this school for the pre-med program because it is very competitive and I heard it was strong. First off, UNE has an 80 something % acceptance rate, but half of the students drop out or change majors within the first semester because everyone fails general chemistry. If you do not have a strong background in Chemistry, do not expect to do well. I personally do not like this campus I think it is small, and it is not a good fit for me, I am from out of state and I thought I would sacrifice my happiness for the program. Well now here I am in my second year and I am transferring out. I just applied to a state school back home where I should have gone in the first place. Let me say this, if you are the type of person who has no life, and does nothing all day but devote their entire lives to studying, then this school is for you. I am not saying I am a party animal because i have a 3.6 GPA currently, I study hard, but this campus is so dead, even my dad made a comment about it when he came to visit me. There is no balance. There is no greek life, there are no parties, there is literally nothing. If you have a netflix account it'll be your best friend for 4 years. Every student here is immature and you can tell they are not ready for the real world. This is like a second high school, where wannabe nobodys try to act like they are somebodys. You will feel like you go to a boarding school with people who think they're the shit because they got accepted to the pre-med program here (which again has an 85% acceptance rate). The academics here are not horrible, if you work hard you might just do ok, depending on the classes. But please, if you are reading this and are stuck between this school and another , please pick the other one. I wish someone had told me how bad it was here, I would have saved money and my time and gone to a state school to begin with. I wish someone told me all of this I would have never applied here. The only thing motivating me to get through the rest of the semester is the fact that I am transferring.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
I transferred out of UNE after my freshmanQuite BrightPublic Health
I transferred out of UNE after my freshman year, and it has proven to be the best decision I have made in my twenty years of life. To be frank, UNE has no social life, and I can almost gaurantee that the few people you meet who you actually DO like will transfer out. The academics here are way over-hyped, I have gotten far more out of my classes at UMASS in one semester than I did here in a full year. Please, if you value yourself at all and you still have the option not to go here...DO NOT GO HERE. I wish I had listened to the reviews on this site.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Preparedness: Reputation:
As someone who has spent three years atQuite BrightPreMed and Medical
As someone who has spent three years at UNE and been involved in a plethora of activities, I can wholeheartedly say that this close-knit, small community has been extremely beneficial to me. Both through academics and extracurricular activities, I have been presented with great opportunities. Throughout my experiences, I have learned that your experience largely depends on you, the individual. If you come to a school with a pessimistic attitude, constantly criticizing and complaining, and being un-involved, then chances are that you will not have a positive experience. However, if you come with an open mind and a willingness to try new things, you will have a positive experience.

The campus is beautiful, the professors are well-established, and the opportunities are endless. UNE has progressed to being a more global institution during my time here. This evolution has presented students who are in health care majors with the opportunity to travel and become global citizens without falling behind at their home institution. Of course, there will be issues anywhere someone goes to college. Food and parking will never be ideal, but I can honestly say that UNE is a small establishment with a big reputation (of the good nature.) One of the major pros this institution has is its acceptance of all individuals. I have never felt out of place or un-welcomed anywhere.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2014