StudentsReview :: Case Western Reserve University Medical School

Knowledge Level
Helping Doctor
Patient Interaction
Job Assistance
Overall, how would you rate the quality of your school?
Helpful Advising
Level of Burnout
Social Life
Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance
Business

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to the Medical School

Case is a great place if take advantageSuper BrilliantPreMed and Medical
Case is a great place if take advantage of certain opportunities. If you want a decent social scene, I HIGHLY recommend getting involved in greek life and clubs/sports. Case is not a party school by any definition, so getting connected with people is vital (this is for dudes).

With regards to academics, classes are not that different from other universities; your grades reflect how much effort you put into studying. If you didn't have trouble in the past academically, then Case shouldn't be that bad. If your wondering most professors are friendly and nice but make sure you look at individual reviews.

Here is a simple list of a few things I like and don't like about Case:
I like,
1.)that the campus looks nice
2.)that there are a variety of clubs
I don't like
1.) that the food and the food service is atrocious
2.) that the gym is far away and is a bit run down
3.) that the dining halls and certain facilities have weird open hours
4.) that the campus is long so it's a 15-20 minute walk from the freshman dorms to the gym/classes
5.) that there is somewhat of a lack of activities for students
6.) that cleveland can be ghetto as hell
7.) that cleveland has dreary weather
8.) that the city itself doesn't have much to offer
9.) that if you don't have a car it sucks to get anywhere outside of campus
Case has all the things that other schools offer. It just may be much harder to find them here than other places.

1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Case is what youQuite BrightNursing
Case is what you make of it.
I am about to start my second year and I plan to be more involved.
I was not very involved last year, and I deeply regret that. Despite the fact that I only hung out with a few people - I still LOVE Case.This year, when I open up more, it will be even better.
1st Year Female -- Class 2012
Preparedness: Reputation:
The great thing about my major, nursing, isAverageNursing
The great thing about my major, nursing, is that we are kind of in our own special community. Most of our classes, we have with other nursing students give or take 1 or 2 GER classes, so you don't necessarily have to fight for your class. Classes are relatively small and if you have a problem/question/concerns, the professor will do his or her best to help you out...to an extent. The first year of Nursing, freshmen are introduced to a clinical setting and eased into their role as a nurse. So I think it's really great in tat perspective and just really helps to prepare you as an RN with BSN background.

However, the social life here is not what I am comfortable with, since there is rarely anything that goes on for all of campus. Occasionally there are dances held by fraternities. I wished there were more social gatherings, but you just have to look in the right places and know the right people. Sometimes you just have to get creative.

The majority of students are here to get an education, and some are lucky to just be having a college experience.After all, it is what you make of it.

1st Year Female -- Class 2011

Stevens Henager College Ogden (UT) 1:negative

Polytechnic Institute of New York University (NY) 1:positive

Central Washington University (WA) 1:negative

Kansas City Art Institute (MO)

Compare CWRU-MedicalSave CWRU-Medical

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→