StudentsReview :: The University of Cincinnati Medical School

Knowledge Level
Helping Doctor
Patient Interaction
Job Assistance
Overall, how would you rate the quality of your school?
Helpful Advising
Romance
Business

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to the Medical School

I transferred to UC from Ohio State, andBrightPublic Health
I transferred to UC from Ohio State, and as far as education quality is concerned UC is by far a better experience. Relatively small classes, accessible professors (who aren't all grad students but actual tenured professors) and cozy campus. The area around campus is on the rough side but is having a lot of new high-end apartments, restaurants, and bars being built and the "riff-raff" being pushed out. I'd expect the campus neighborhood (Clifton) will be similar to OSU's campus area in about 5 years. Glad I transferred but definitely has inner-city feel so if your looking for lots of green space around campus (campus is beautiful and has plenty of green areas and trees) I would look at OU or Miami.
4th Year Male -- Class 2015
Preparedness: Reputation:
There is a highQuite BrightNursing
There is a high quality to these classes. The teachers are good, they really pay attention. I enjoyed my major and non major classes. It was an interesting 2 years for me.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Preparedness: Reputation:
I have had a long and arduous journeyNursing
I have had a long and arduous journey with UC. I began at the main campus for my pre-req's, was completely dissatisfied, went to another smaller university to complete my Associate RN, and returned to UC for my Bachelor's of nursing. The nursing faculty themselves are very well educated and helpful-however the politics of the MAIN campus have made it very difficult for me to enjoy my education. The main campus where you will obtain most of your pre-req credits- is completely disorganized. One hand does not know what the other is doing. The classes are huge, and it is practically impossible to have any kind of relationship with your instructor. I finished a year later than I should have, as the main campus lost my transcripts and could not send them in on time to the nursing college. The financial aid office is EXTREMELY hard to deal with. I have been a resident of Ohio for 24 years, and they charged me out of state tuition multiple times...it took a lot of work and headache to straighten it out. Also, most of the people answering phones for the main departments are rude and unfriendly. Having never gone to another large university, I do not know if their problems are secondary to the size, or just general lack of communication. My experience is not unique, many people I started out with at UC have long since abandoned the Main Campus. I would not advise choosing the main university. I do give credit to the Nursing faculty, all are very energetic, sharp and helpful.

Bristol Community College (MA) 2:negative