StudentsReview - Kent State University Kent - Life at KSU-Kent Copyright 2023 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/KSU_comments.html Life at KSU-Kent - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about KSU-Kent for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/KSU_comments.html Navigating the administrative red tape at this school is absurd. Trying to get in contact with any kind of counselor or professor for any kind of assistance is nearly impossible unless you have all d... Fri, 22 May 2020 01:18:39 GMT StudentsReview 1054-186351 1054-186351 1054 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 1921 3rd Year Negative Navigating the administrative red tape at this school is absurd. Trying to get in contact with any kind of counselor or professor for any kind of assistance is nearly impossible unless you have all day to wait. I have siblings going to other colleges and they are treated like a valued student rather than just another drone. I never expected to pay so much to be be ignored and treated so poorly. Fri, 22 May 2020 01:18:39 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/KSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about KSU-Kent for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/KSU_comments.html Kent is a unique animal. It's a very regional university, it's basically the State school of Northeast Ohio and the Cleveland Area and an alternative for people from Pittsburg as the school is closer ... Tue, 02 Apr 2019 09:55:47 GMT StudentsReview 1054-184466 1054-184466 1054 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2013 3rd Year Positive Kent is a unique animal. It's a very regional university, it's basically the State school of Northeast Ohio and the Cleveland Area and an alternative for people from Pittsburg as the school is closer to Pittsburgh, PA then it is to Columbus, OH. I Transferred to Kent from a university in Columbus (Not OSU) and loved my time at Kent. I was an aviation major, which Kent holds one of the best programs in in the midwestern US. Honestly Kent is not for everyone its in the snowbelt, and Northeastern Ohio culture reigns which being an Ohian is normal for me so I don't care, but some might. Some reviews say people are "like the walking dead" on campus. What it really is is that people go to school at Kent, they don't go to be super prideful. Most of Cleveland and Northeast Ohio is raised Ohio State Buckeye fans in terms of athletics. Kent is really good at Baseball, Wrestling, Golf and some other non money making sports, and when I say good I mean, they make All-Americans year in and year out, they're just not a football school at all and their basketball team gets to the NCAA tournament about once or twice a decade. Basketball games drew a nice number of students as the gym was in the middle of campus. The campus is incredibly safe, It positioned in a way where there is one road that passes through a forest on one side of the campus and on the other side of campus the city of Kent rests. the only way you end up on Kent States campus is if you want to be there. Someone doesn't just "end up" there. I would go on 2AM runs all the time training to make the track team and I felt extremely safe. The Kent State Police are everywhere, the Kent City police are too and you see the Sherriff's deputies around. They get bored and will get take you down for illegal activity. Aka keep your party lowkey and you'll have no issues. Kent Has some amazing programs, they invented liquid crystals that now make our modern TVs. They're the #3 fashion school in the USA after ones in NYC and L.A. and have a fashion show every year with top designers, their architecture program is amazing (the students don't sleep) and some other programs are top notch as well. But Kent is in the middle range of US Universities. It's not Harvard and it's not Stanford. If you want some place to just scream from the rooftops and brag about a name go elsewhere. But if you want a solid education with opportunities all over Northeast Ohio once you graduate. Kent is great school, If you want to learn and are willing to work you'll find Kent will help you get where you want to go. Tue, 02 Apr 2019 09:55:47 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/KSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about KSU-Kent for Criminalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/KSU_comments.html The Student conduct blows and the punishment will be way over dramatic compared to what you go into trouble for. and everyone is hard to get in contact with. 11/10 don't recommend... Tue, 03 Apr 2018 02:26:08 GMT StudentsReview 1054-182987 1054-182987 1054 44 Criminal Female Undergraduate Class 1921 1st Year Negative The Student conduct blows and the punishment will be way over dramatic compared to what you go into trouble for. and everyone is hard to get in contact with. 11/10 don't recommend Tue, 03 Apr 2018 02:26:08 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/KSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about KSU-Kent for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/KSU_comments.html I am a senior at Kent State graduating in the fall. With my experience here at Kent in the exercise science program, I have made great friends through classes and multiple organizations I was able to ... Wed, 17 May 2017 11:43:07 GMT StudentsReview 1054-179839 1054-179839 1054 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2017 4th Year Negative I am a senior at Kent State graduating in the fall. With my experience here at Kent in the exercise science program, I have made great friends through classes and multiple organizations I was able to do while I lived on campus since I was not from the northern part of the state. My professors within the major have taught us what they are to teach us, but I could have learned much more in my degree then becoming a personal trainer.. eapecially since my concentration was in Pre-Physical Therapy, and we are not taught anything about it. Our president Bev Warren really cares for the students at Kent, but sadly she has to answer to the idiots above her running the university. The campus is taken care of well, for the most part, but that's about all I can say that would be positive about this university. Every single semester here at Kent I have run into issues with the financial aid and bursars office. Whether it is them telling me that I have received all the financial aid I needed then a week prior to the payment being due telling me I owe thousands of dollars. It seems like everybody who I have worked with from those departments do not care for any student there because there are so many of us. Along with this, the individuals running residence services don't seem to know what they are doing. If you want to become a resident assistant, yes, it is very rewarding and fun, but you will most likely be treated like shit by those above you. Prices are too high, several of the buildings need fixed up, but instead waste it on making campus look "pretty". If you can afford it and are social, it is a good place for you so you don't have to deal with any of the departments personally. If you half to though, I would recommend looking elsewhere. If I had done so, I would have gone to Ohio University in a heart beat. The program seemed better and I absolutely loved the campus, but I quite honestly was a stupid senior coming out of high school.
The university says if you take 15 credit hours a semester, you will graduate on time, but if I had done so, I would have graduated a semester late. I have gotten screwed out of taking classes when I could have, and I have had to take summer classes for 2 years and I am still graduating a semester late. I could go into much more detail, but this is already rather long.
Wed, 17 May 2017 11:43:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/KSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about KSU-Kent for Video/Mediahttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/KSU_comments.html Kent State is full of rude, self-indulgent, and vain students. It is a very cold atmosphere not in only in terms of the weather but the people are as well. Walking around campus is much like viewing a... Tue, 06 Dec 2016 11:24:08 GMT StudentsReview 1054-177205 1054-177205 1054 46 Video/Media Male Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative Kent State is full of rude, self-indulgent, and vain students. It is a very cold atmosphere not in only in terms of the weather but the people are as well. Walking around campus is much like viewing a scene from "The Walking Dead" as students proceed to walk to classes like zombies (probably drunk from the night before) and nobody talks to anyone. The mass majority of students who come here are from central Ohio and if you're not from that area be prepared to be an outcast. If you do not really care to act childish, join a sorority, or fraternity be prepared not to fit in. The student body is segregated by race and everyone is divided. The professors at Kent are lazy and compile huge amounts of info all into giant exams/scantrons. While taking your classes you'll find that the professors are very liberal to the point of bias and like the majority of the student's assholes. They don't care about teaching you anything or explaining anything. Good luck at this school if you choose to come here! My advice is if you're not white stay far away from Kent as you can because the majority of students are preppy stuck up white people who have racist undertones just ready to come out. I also forgot the advisors will make you take classes you don't need to keep you here longer and steal your money. Coming from Youngstown this was a culture shock; one which I was not fond of or want to experience again. This school was a complete waste of my time and money. I can't wait to transfer! Tue, 06 Dec 2016 11:24:08 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/KSU_comments.html