StudentsReview - Ohio Wesleyan University - Life at OWU Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html Life at OWU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about OWU for Chemistryhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html Do not go here! They raise tuition, smack you with new "rules" that aren't mentioned in the student handbook, and basically lie to you when you tour the campus. The overall residential staff are conde... Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:05:47 GMT StudentsReview 1071-178739 1071-178739 1071 9 Chemistry Female Undergraduate Class 2019 2nd Year Negative Do not go here! They raise tuition, smack you with new "rules" that aren't mentioned in the student handbook, and basically lie to you when you tour the campus. The overall residential staff are condescending and just looking to write you up. If you can handle this amount of BS the science programs are first rate, but everything else, not so much. Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:05:47 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about OWU for Journalismhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html Ohio Wesleyan literally saved me. My home life the last two years of high school was horrible and I was struggling to keep my grades reasonable. OWU admitted me and then freshman year I was so depress... Sat, 12 Nov 2016 05:03:21 GMT StudentsReview 1071-176737 1071-176737 1071 20 Journalism Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Positive Ohio Wesleyan literally saved me. My home life the last two years of high school was horrible and I was struggling to keep my grades reasonable. OWU admitted me and then freshman year I was so depressed and confused that I skipped classes, slept a lot and was swiftly put on academic probation. I could either continue on that path or get my act together.

I quickly became a "studyaholic" and all but abandoned friends so I could focus on academics. If not for my freshman grades, I would have graduated with high honors. This school gave me a chance to prove that I had the intellectual ability to succeed. I have since received two master's degrees and will forever be grateful for that great little midwestern school!
Sat, 12 Nov 2016 05:03:21 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about OWU for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html I really liked OWU when I first got to Delaware in 2013, but that's changed. I think students are under-appreciated by the University administrators, because not much actions are taken to enhance the ... Tue, 19 Apr 2016 04:16:04 GMT StudentsReview 1071-173331 1071-173331 1071 15 Education Male Undergraduate Class 2017 3rd Year Neutral I really liked OWU when I first got to Delaware in 2013, but that's changed. I think students are under-appreciated by the University administrators, because not much actions are taken to enhance the school or student life. The other thing that's changed my perspective of OWU is the quality of the students that are currently attending OWU; they aren't that welcoming and friendly-friendly. I know that we are located in a tranquil down, but it doesn't mean there really isn't anything fun to do. MAKE FRIENDS. Though I'm fully aware how boring Delaware, Ohio could be, but I'm never bored around my friends; we make the most out of it. OWU is a great place for academics and finding like-minded people. I really like it and I'd take a second on whether or not to attend OWU in the future. 60% recommended. Tue, 19 Apr 2016 04:16:04 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about OWU for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html The surrounding town is pretty awful and there is really nothing to do. This is coming from an overly involved student on campus. I am very involved on campus because there is frankly nothing to do in... Wed, 11 Nov 2015 02:06:02 GMT StudentsReview 1071-171704 1071-171704 1071 58 Political Science Female Undergraduate Class 2017 3rd Year Negative The surrounding town is pretty awful and there is really nothing to do. This is coming from an overly involved student on campus. I am very involved on campus because there is frankly nothing to do in Delaware, Ohio.

The food is really terrible and so is the housing. You are required to live in the dorms all 4 years and be on the awful meal plan. I am not sure how they can expect to compete with other universities that do not have these ridiculous 1960s requirements.

The education is not bad as there are very small classes, however the living conditions and one's autonomy at the school are limited. I feel like I am being held back from being an adult at this school because of the awkward relationship the students are forced to have with public safety. Coming from a "good girl" the amount of times I have had a conversation with public safety is uncomfortable. Additionally there is a strong police presence in Delaware, OH. I have out of state plates and have been pulled over 4 times in 2 years for just driving the speed limit. The cops would pull me over, ask me where I was going and then say "ok" and send me on my way. There is some weird social policing going on in the town. There is also immense bigotry and racism in Delaware, OH. The whole town is basically republican and it certainly has that feel. I rated the safety so highly because you can't get away with anything and there are not many people and there is nothing to do so how dangerous can it be?
Wed, 11 Nov 2015 02:06:02 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about OWU for Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etchttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html In retrospect I would've been far better served at another university. I'll discuss the pros of attending OWU: 1. I absolutely loved the art department and am very indebted to them for the generous he... Wed, 29 Apr 2015 03:52:18 GMT StudentsReview 1071-160305 1071-160305 1071 18 Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Advice In retrospect I would've been far better served at another university. I'll discuss the pros of attending OWU: 1. I absolutely loved the art department and am very indebted to them for the generous help given me by them every step of the way and I loved the courses I took therein. 2. Financial aid was generally pretty helpful and was willing to work with me (coming from poverty makes higher education quite difficult). 3. I was able to get a job on campus easily through food service and continue to work there now. The cons: 1. There is little to nothing to do on campus or in Delaware and as such I spent most of my time in Columbus. 2. Dealing with the administrative offices is a joke. 3. There is very little in the way of preparation for career advancement or job placement. 4. With the exception of my major and subsequent department I hated practically everything about my time at OWU. Had I not been given a generous scholarship I would've attended school elsewhere in a heartbeat. I feel that the art department has enriched my Fine Art education such that I can comfortably apply those teachings in all I do creatively, but beyond that, I have nothing positive to say about OWU. If you're going to attend a university my best advice would be to seek out education at a better school. For the extravagant amount of money OWU costs you can be assured a far better use of your time and resources elsewhere. Wed, 29 Apr 2015 03:52:18 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html