StudentsReview - Ohio Wesleyan University - Life at OWUhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html Life at OWU - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about OWU for Mathhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html I'm in the midst of my second semester at OWU (o-woo, the only thing anyone will ever call it). I originally wanted to go to a bigger school, farther from home, but OWU gave me a great scholarship (as... Fri, 24 Jan 2014 04:25:48 GMT StudentsReview 1071-100596 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1071-100596 1071 23 Math Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive I'm in the midst of my second semester at OWU (o-woo, the only thing anyone will ever call it). I originally wanted to go to a bigger school, farther from home, but OWU gave me a great scholarship (as they do for many students) and I liked the school, so here I am. The city's a little boring, but it's such a friendly place. Classes are small, professors are helpful, coursework is challenging at times, but always doable. I'm still not a fan of the small student population (can't go ANYWHERE without knowing people, even after just being here for a week--but some people like that sort of thing). Biggest con: you HAVE to be on the meal plan and live on campus. few exceptions made. I'm hoping this rule will change soon--I think it's fairly new.
There's always a lot going on on campus. Which is good, because without a car, you're not very able to get off campus--well, you can walk into Delaware for a variety of small town dining and shopping options, but that's about it.
Greek life's pretty nice here. I didn't rush, but I might next year. Frat parties are fun, though they're all pretty similar so they get boring after a while.
They don't offer engineering or stats majors, which were two of my likely choices before coming here, so that was a bit of a letdown.
this isn't really following a very logical order.
the people are really what make OWU a good place--I believe most every faculty member and professor I've met here is genuinely kind and helpful. Most of the students are pretty decent too.
Fri, 24 Jan 2014 04:25:48 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about OWU for Journalismhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html Ohio Wesleyan has relaxed admissions standards a bit so that nearly 74% of applicants as of this writing are admitted. That is very different from what it was in 1985 when I applied, and I do hope th... Tue, 03 Dec 2013 12:08:57 GMT StudentsReview 1071-97824 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1071-97824 1071 20 Journalism Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Advice Ohio Wesleyan has relaxed admissions standards a bit so that nearly 74% of applicants as of this writing are admitted. That is very different from what it was in 1985 when I applied, and I do hope that changes. On the surface, it might seem then that the university provides an easy path to graduation, and let me tell you, my current and inside knowledge of the school tells me that that is not true. Students who think they can attend Ohio Wesleyan and just skate by will be sorely mistaken. The professors, on average, expect excellence from the students; no easy A's or passing grades handed out here. Students have to work here to be successful. The work does help with the learning, so it's a good idea to put in the work.

If you can accept that, then Ohio Wesleyan is a terrific place to attend. People I graduated with have gone on to become doctors, professors, teachers, lawyers, journalists, and successful business people. The campus is beautiful. The students are well-cared for, and there are a million things to get involved in from Division III athletics to greek life to theater and more.
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 12:08:57 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about OWU for PreVet and Veterinaryhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html This school, is a great school which can't be denied. I am only a freshman, but as a science major I can see how serious the academics are. That being said, I am transferring at the end of this school... Sat, 16 Nov 2013 11:46:27 GMT StudentsReview 1071-97143 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1071-97143 1071 55 PreVet and Veterinary Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Neutral This school, is a great school which can't be denied. I am only a freshman, but as a science major I can see how serious the academics are. That being said, I am transferring at the end of this school year, due to the high cost of said education. I am considered an independent, and homeless student and they did not help me very much financially. Campus-jobs are scarce and Delaware isn't booming t=with opportunities. If you can afford to come here, I would recommend it-otherwise stick to a cheaper school. The people here are okay, I didn't find many like-minded people who were as concerned about their education as I was mine. Overall a good school, just not for me. Sat, 16 Nov 2013 11:46:27 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about OWU for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html I came to this school from out of state, after having received a great scholarship and interacting well with my department. The school has the money to place great value in the tools it can provide - ... Sat, 21 Apr 2012 10:11:13 GMT StudentsReview 1071-86772 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1071-86772 1071 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Neutral I came to this school from out of state, after having received a great scholarship and interacting well with my department. The school has the money to place great value in the tools it can provide - the science department boasts a high powered microscope, the art department facilities offer a variety of methods and materials, there are grants students can apply for as well for just about anything. The thing is, many students aren't interested. Or, students at the undergrad level are not trying to push themselves. I feel as though I go to school with the "future teachers of america" which isn't too bad, but when everyone around me is aspiring to be highschool teachers at best, I get a little down. Seriously though. You really are on your own when trying to get a job afterwards, and most students I know are simply doing what they can to get a paycheck working at whole foods, old folks homes, etc. Most went back to their hometowns after graduation.

WHile here, know there are only 2 bars in the town students go to. only one lets minors in, the nightlife here is a closed club if you aren't with the in crowd, that is the fraternity group or SLU life. weed is big here, can't go a friday night without smelling it in the party dorm, stuyvesant. The dorms are recently getting facelifts which is nice but one only has to look at hayes dorm to see the drawbacks of this remodeling - the effect is not one of modernity but of.. i don't know, an attempt at cheering up students with colors that students say "looks like a children's hospital?" Ugh. dorm life. ALso, most students DO live on dorms through all four years. if youre a guy, there are frats. And if you don't mind losing privacy, there are SLUS. (which is nice because it's also a community) but still. you're dealing with public saftey wandering the halls of youre house community all weekend. and they're not all too lenient.

ugh. i might write more in another comment. Are you getting an idea of OWU?
Sat, 21 Apr 2012 10:11:13 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about OWU for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html wallawallawallawalla boop boop boop boop OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK YAZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Sun, 08 Apr 2012 08:48:47 GMT StudentsReview 1071-86453 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1071-86453 1071 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Neutral wallawallawallawalla boop boop boop boop OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK YAZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sun, 08 Apr 2012 08:48:47 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OH/OWU_comments.html