StudentsReview - Alvernia University - Life at Alvernia Copyright 2018 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/AC_comments.html Life at Alvernia - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about Alvernia for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/AC_comments.html The nursing program at Alvernia is a complete joke. The curriculum is challenging, as is any nursing program, however the professors repeatedly bombard you with busy work and assignments that are some... Tue, 24 Oct 2017 03:15:49 GMT StudentsReview 1142-181602 1142-181602 1142 30 Nursing Female Undergraduate Class 2018 3rd Year Negative The nursing program at Alvernia is a complete joke. The curriculum is challenging, as is any nursing program, however the professors repeatedly bombard you with busy work and assignments that are sometimes not even graded. Most of the professors do not teach the material at all in class, so going to lecture is really only beneficial to get participation points. I've paid 30,000 dollars a year to teach myself everything I know. The faculty are condescending, rude, and arrogant. You could be the best student in the class and they will call you into their office for yawning in class. Every semester I remembering thinking, it could not get worse and yet it always does. If I wasn't so close to graduating I would have dropped out by now. Think long and hard before enrolling in this program, and then choose a better school. Tue, 24 Oct 2017 03:15:49 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/AC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Alvernia for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/AC_comments.html The teachers in the nursing program are rude and they constantly degrade you if you do not fit in their profile of what a nurse should be. Most of the teachers will embarrass you at the most improper ... Fri, 13 Oct 2017 05:53:23 GMT StudentsReview 1142-181464 1142-181464 1142 53 Other Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative The teachers in the nursing program are rude and they constantly degrade you if you do not fit in their profile of what a nurse should be. Most of the teachers will embarrass you at the most improper times. I wish I could give my degree back in exchange for my tuition. Think long and hard about going here....then think again and go somewhere else. The school is to expensive for the education you get. When I graduated I was in my 40's and it really does not matter age, gender or race, if they don't like you....you will know it very early on. Fri, 13 Oct 2017 05:53:23 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/AC_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about Alvernia for Athletics/Traininghttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/AC_comments.html What drew me to Alvernia was that it's a small, well kept suburban school. I also went there to play a sport, and I liked that students could come out, spread a blanket, and sit on the hill to watch ... Thu, 09 Mar 2017 09:27:53 GMT StudentsReview 1142-179186 1142-179186 1142 4 Athletics/Training Female Undergraduate Class 2017 4th Year Advice What drew me to Alvernia was that it's a small, well kept suburban school. I also went there to play a sport, and I liked that students could come out, spread a blanket, and sit on the hill to watch games. Several spectators even brought pets. Now, they are starting a football program and building a stadium. This will take away the intimate setting, and cause more problems for women's sports because it didn't take me long to realize that they don't invest in their women's sports the way they do their mens. Not only are there more coaches on the mens side, but they are more qualified. Go on the website, and compare men's baseball to women's softball .. men's soccer to women's soccer, and men's basketball to women's basketball, and see for yourself. One coach leaves, and they bring in another who is less qualified (i.e. women's soccer where the new coach is a youth boys coach, with only 1 season of coaching a women's college team). Do you think they would hire a youth girl's coach to coach the men's team? Never. Thu, 09 Mar 2017 09:27:53 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/AC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about Alvernia for Mathhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/AC_comments.html The reviews on this site must be from bitter former students. I have attended 2 schools during my undergrad, ESU, and Alvernia. Every school is what you make of it. If you seek out activities you ... Wed, 14 Sep 2016 09:52:59 GMT StudentsReview 1142-175643 1142-175643 1142 23 Math Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive The reviews on this site must be from bitter former students. I have attended 2 schools during my undergrad, ESU, and Alvernia.

Every school is what you make of it. If you seek out activities you are interested in, they are available. Alvernia is no different. As a student-athlete who lived off campus, I loved my time there. I made life long friends with great people from both my team, as well as my major.

I can only speak to the Education and Mathematics departments. Both of which are excellent. The education department will do whatever you request of them and are excellent. I was granted early graduation by the department in order to accept a teaching position during the middle of my student teaching. The math department is excellent as well, as with all schools there are some professors you'll dislike and some you'll love. But the good thing about Alvernia is despite its small status, there is still atleast 1 professor in each department that can appeal to every kind of learner.

The school gave me a sense of responsibility I had not had going into college, and left better off than I started.

Alvernia doesn't hide what it is. It is a small child predominantly commuter school that still offers all the normal activities other universities do. I highly recommend this university, as they prepared me well and helped me start my career in my dream field before I even graduated.
Wed, 14 Sep 2016 09:52:59 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/AC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Alvernia for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/AC_comments.html The faculty is condescending and they are all about taking your money, the professors are great. In my opinion, the state and the federal government need to investigate this school. I truly believe th... Sun, 31 Jan 2016 06:35:08 GMT StudentsReview 1142-172564 1142-172564 1142 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative The faculty is condescending and they are all about taking your money, the professors are great. In my opinion, the state and the federal government need to investigate this school. I truly believe that this school is taking students money and shifting blame on only African American students. Why is it that the school wait until a student is ready to graduate and then inform students two months before graduating they owe fees of $ 2,500.00 dollars and in some cases students are owed more than $9,000.00 dollars. in fact, the school was audited by state since then the graduate program was removed. The program with this school is that 70% of students with high GPA's are not allowed to graduate based on the school not informing them about their aid meaning the school wait two months before students are to graduate then students are told by financial aid that they owe large fees in order to obtain their degrees.

In fact, a mass email was sent accidentally by finical aid and in the mass email it indicated over 30 students names stating how much money they owed. The student took this information to an attorney and was told that is considered breech of confidentiality.

Please do attend this school if so please have an attorney review all your invoices and statements because the school books information is far different than your invoice statements. At this time I have an attorney working on my case
Sun, 31 Jan 2016 06:35:08 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/AC_comments.html