StudentsReview - Drexel University - Life at Drexel Copyright 2018 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/DRU_comments.html Life at Drexel - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about Drexel for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/DRU_comments.html Terrible school. Several unforeseen charges and difficulties. There were way too many errors made by the school I ended up paying the price for. Anytime I talked to someone on the phone they were very... Fri, 27 Apr 2018 04:19:31 GMT StudentsReview 1157-183127 1157-183127 1157 30 Nursing Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative Terrible school. Several unforeseen charges and difficulties. There were way too many errors made by the school I ended up paying the price for. Anytime I talked to someone on the phone they were very rude and did not seem to know how to do their job. Financial aid was terrible. Unless you have about $65,000 dollars free money, you'll have to take out several loans. Think twice before you commit. I would not recommend this school. They claim not to charge you tuition while you go out on Co-op however I was charged the full amount. There are so many other schools with great programs and opportunities. THINK BEFORE YOU COMMIT!!! Even now, as a student who withdrew, I am still paying for the mistakes the university made. Fri, 27 Apr 2018 04:19:31 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/DRU_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Drexel for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/DRU_comments.html I have dyslexia so please excuse spelling mistakes/poor grammar. I'm on the later end of my third year at Drexel of a planned 5. Every year I felt less and less that I belonged here as I have found... Fri, 09 Mar 2018 10:57:25 GMT StudentsReview 1157-182897 1157-182897 1157 12 Computer Science Male Undergraduate Class 1920 3rd Year Neutral I have dyslexia so please excuse spelling mistakes/poor grammar.

I'm on the later end of my third year at Drexel of a planned 5. Every year I felt less and less that I belonged here as I have found it nearly impossible to connect with fellow students after attending many social events. The quarter system forces teachers to jam 12-13 weeks of course work into 9-10 weeks of classes. I was told once that a 45% on an exam was "pretty good" by a prof since the majority of students got a similar grade, this results from how fast the classes are passed. The solution to these low exam scores is often for the classes to be curved by nearly an entire letter grade so hundreds of students don't fail classes every term even with the student here being some of the hardest working I have met.

Personally, I'm just not a fit for Drexel. Some students can really paint a bright future for themselves here but many, many students drop out/transfer or are stressed to the point of self medicating and/or health problems. I have recently started having massive anxiety attacks to the point of passing out/being unable to move or talk as a result of the stress that has built up over the years while here at Drexel.

The co-op system is great for getting experience but is literally the only thing I see as a positive now. I'm going to be in my second co-op this summer and after am transferring to Temple as myself and my family don't want me to have to live feeling this way.

If you're able to work harder than the next person and have very strong work ethic and mental fortitude than you may be a good fit for Drexel, but it sure isn't for everyone and it shows in their retention rates. Please avoid putting yourself through this if you aren't use to a fast passed work environment or don't handle stress well.
Fri, 09 Mar 2018 10:57:25 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/DRU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Drexel for Public Healthhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/DRU_comments.html The quarter system is dumb hard. You'll relax the first week or two, and all of a sudden you have 4 midterms, 2 essays, and a project to do by next week. The academic advisors are so unhelpful, they'l... Tue, 19 Sep 2017 03:48:59 GMT StudentsReview 1157-181078 1157-181078 1157 64 Public Health Male Undergraduate Class 2018 2nd Year Neutral The quarter system is dumb hard. You'll relax the first week or two, and all of a sudden you have 4 midterms, 2 essays, and a project to do by next week. The academic advisors are so unhelpful, they'll take day off's in the middle of the week during the first few weeks of the term where you need to switch your schedule around, or the last few weeks where you need to plan for the next term. The only thing you really pay for is the chance of getting a decent co-op, which only business and engineering students really get the best of.

I was in greek life for a bit. It's cool if you just want a certain squad of friends and no one else. You don't really get to meet a lot of other people if you're in Greek life, just the way it is and the way it turns you. A lot of hot girls and activities though, but there's hot girls and activities all around the city if you put the effort in.
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 03:48:59 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/DRU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Drexel for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/DRU_comments.html The building is old, dirty, and in shambles. Everything is always disorganized and a lot of the faculty can't get it together. Their email server is the most primitive I have ever seen (I was around w... Sun, 05 Feb 2017 06:13:30 GMT StudentsReview 1157-178601 1157-178601 1157 30 Nursing Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative The building is old, dirty, and in shambles. Everything is always disorganized and a lot of the faculty can't get it together. Their email server is the most primitive I have ever seen (I was around when email started, so I would know). All these things would be excusable if the teaching quality was up to par, but that's not the case. They shouldn't be expanding their program without adequate qualified staff. Instructors should hold a minimum of a PhD, period. The quality of instruction visibly suffers in the nursing department with lower levels of education. Who cares about quantity if you lose quality? Sun, 05 Feb 2017 06:13:30 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/DRU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Drexel for PreLaw and Legalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/DRU_comments.html Avoid going here. The entire Drexel beauracratic system is a money grab. You pay tuition during your internships (co-op). You even pay tuition during summer breaks and open quarters. The course offeri... Mon, 12 Dec 2016 01:21:36 GMT StudentsReview 1157-177332 1157-177332 1157 35 PreLaw and Legal Male Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative Avoid going here. The entire Drexel beauracratic system is a money grab. You pay tuition during your internships (co-op). You even pay tuition during summer breaks and open quarters. The course offerings are rigged to force students to take additional quarters to graduate. This place is not worth 30-40k a year in tuition, especially since no one has heard of the university outside of Pennsylvania. The facilities are subpar, each meal in the cafeteria costs around 10-12 dollars. They literally have fees for EVERYTHING. The tuition bills are cunningly due BEFORE financial aid disbursements so they can collect a late fee of about 300 dollars each quarter.

I recommend attending UPENN, Temple or Penn State which are ten times the school for 1/4th the price. Do yourself a favor and avoid life long debt and go to a much better school. If I have at least convinced one person to avoid this debt trap then I have done my job. I have transferred to another instate University and am GLAD I LEFT DREXEL.
Mon, 12 Dec 2016 01:21:36 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/DRU_comments.html