StudentsReview - Elizabethtown College - Life at ELChttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html Life at ELC - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about ELC for Language - French/Spanish/etc.http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html Elizabethtown College is a great school to go to if you are an occupational therapy or communications student. If you are like me, and are coming here for a liberal arts degree, be advised, the admini... Wed, 28 May 2014 04:13:33 GMT StudentsReview 1162-109657 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1162-109657 1162 22 Language - French/Spanish/etc. Female Undergraduate Class 2014 4th Year Neutral Elizabethtown College is a great school to go to if you are an occupational therapy or communications student. If you are like me, and are coming here for a liberal arts degree, be advised, the administrators do not care about you. They spend less on the programs for liberal arts students, and you are forced to share resources with the other, more highly funded majors such as business and engineering.
The main reason I decided to come to Etown is their many options for study abroad, which they claimed would be included in tuition. Little did I know, this does not include the price of airfare, meal plans, and homestay while abroad, which you have to pay in addition to the cost of tuition, which has in recent years increased to over $50,000, despite the fact that most students do not graduate and those that do do not find jobs.
The worst thing about Etown is the incompetence of many of the staff working in offices such as residence life, campus security, career services, and the financial aid office. I have no idea how any of these people managed to find a job at this college, but they are the laziest, most unhelpful people I have ever come in contact with. Especially campus security, who is not there to help students, but rather spend all of their time checking to see whether or not you have alcohol. Most recently they have devoted their time to installing cameras in all residence halls to "Keep students safe" even though we have had little to no safety threats in the past four years. I believe they are doing this to further their agenda to prevent alcohol consumption amongst the students...
I could keep going but I'll leave you with this: come to Elizabethtown for the scholarships. Just remember they don't increase along with tuition.
Wed, 28 May 2014 04:13:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about ELC for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html This school will screw over any student. Unless you plan on spending every waking second on investing your time into school work and having no friends or any fun at all, do NOT attend. Everything is t... Wed, 07 May 2014 02:02:44 GMT StudentsReview 1162-107767 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1162-107767 1162 15 Education Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative This school will screw over any student. Unless you plan on spending every waking second on investing your time into school work and having no friends or any fun at all, do NOT attend. Everything is taken way too seriously and "campus security" acts like they are the navy seals and any student who even thinks of having fun will be THROWN OUT. Wed, 07 May 2014 02:02:44 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about ELC for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html I am currently in my sophomore year at Elizabethtown College and will be transferring out at the end of the spring semester. My reasoning is that there is simply nothing to do here. I though a small s... Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:17:30 GMT StudentsReview 1162-101538 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1162-101538 1162 12 Computer Science Male Undergraduate Class 2016 2nd Year Negative I am currently in my sophomore year at Elizabethtown College and will be transferring out at the end of the spring semester. My reasoning is that there is simply nothing to do here. I though a small school environment was what I initially wanted, but I can no longer stand the close-mindedness of the students. While this school might be a great fit for some, I require a school with a surrounding city that has more to offer, such as better restaurants, clubs, and activities in general. Comments on here about the dilapidated dorms are absolutely true. The school is plagued with mold issues in the dorms that they cover-up quite well. While I would also like to use the campus gym,it is small and filled with jocks 24/7 who make you feel like you are being judged. Furthermore, while there are two girls for every guy on campus, the chances of finding anyone you will want to date over the long term are quite slim. Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:17:30 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about ELC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html Academically the college is wonderful, however as far as social interaction it is a nightmare. The school itself feels as if you have been forced back into high school, only now you must live with the... Mon, 10 Feb 2014 07:46:07 GMT StudentsReview 1162-101345 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1162-101345 1162 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative Academically the college is wonderful, however as far as social interaction it is a nightmare. The school itself feels as if you have been forced back into high school, only now you must live with these people. Many are close minded and very arrogant. Within your first week people will seem to be very open and accepting, do not let it fool you. After the first two initial weeks pass the reality of how the college really is sets in. The college is composed of many small cliques, and rarely do people interact with others outside of their clique unless forced to for work, or if they are drunk at a party. There are parties here, but nothing special. If you do choose to go out be careful because campus security is always looking for who they can take down next. The college pretends to be a welcoming environment where all are accepting of one another when in reality it is the total opposite. The pleasant moods and kindness of random strangers saying hello to you quickly fades as the year goes on. You either stick to your group or you will quickly become a loner at Elizabethtown. If you are a person who sticks only to their academics, and on the weekends is comfortable staying in their room watching tv then this is definitely the place for you. If not look somewhere else, because this college does not have a whole lot to offer. Mon, 10 Feb 2014 07:46:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about ELC for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html I'm only a freshman but if I had the chance to do it all over again do a lot more research and most likely end up at another school. I came to Etown thinking the school was perfect for me. I realize n... Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:46:32 GMT StudentsReview 1162-98542 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1162-98542 1162 0 Unknown Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Neutral I'm only a freshman but if I had the chance to do it all over again do a lot more research and most likely end up at another school. I came to Etown thinking the school was perfect for me. I realize now I only picked this school because it seemed the only affordable option and I just wanted to go off to college. The education itself is fantastic, which is the only reason I'm here. I am in the five year master's OT program so I'm pretty much stuck here. Faculty is very helpful in all departments I have dealt with so far; professors really care about you here. The OT program is great. The people here are pretty great too, you always find a mix of good and bad no matter where you go so not many complaints in that area. If it weren't for the amazing friends I've made I don't know how I would do it. However keep in mind you will run into many closeminded and extremely sheltered kids. The school is overwhelmingly small, in an incredibly boring area, and there is nothing to do. A LOT of people go home on the weekends, or to other schools where the parties are better. I put neutral because the school itself is good, it just really isn't for me. Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:46:32 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html