StudentsReview - Elizabethtown College - Life at Elizabethtown Copyright 2021 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html Life at Elizabethtown - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about Elizabethtown for History/Histories (art history/etc.)http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html The focus is on the beautification of the campus, expanding the administration, and sinking money into a sports complex, all while ignoring the basic housing needs and campus life of students. The edu... Sun, 11 Apr 2021 01:54:51 GMT StudentsReview 1162-186718 1162-186718 1162 41 History/Histories (art history/etc.) Male Undergraduate Class 2010 4th Year Negative The focus is on the beautification of the campus, expanding the administration, and sinking money into a sports complex, all while ignoring the basic housing needs and campus life of students. The education received and the ever increasing tuition are extremely out of line with one another. Sun, 11 Apr 2021 01:54:51 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Elizabethtown for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html My education classes did little to prepare me for working in the education field, but it honestly wasn't too tough to figure out. It took some time, but I still massively enjoy teaching and administra... Fri, 18 Sep 2020 07:40:59 GMT StudentsReview 1162-186486 1162-186486 1162 15 Education Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Neutral My education classes did little to prepare me for working in the education field, but it honestly wasn't too tough to figure out. It took some time, but I still massively enjoy teaching and administration better come with a wheelbarrow and boxes of scrapple to get me out of the classroom at the end of my career.

I absolutely don't recommend Etown for a variety of reasons. It was overpriced, insular, far too small and quite homogeneous in racial composition and attitudes. I gladly steer potential attendees to basically any other institution on a yearly basis and it gives me great joy to do so. There is nothing positive Etown offers and my greatest wish is to see it crumble and become insolvent.
Fri, 18 Sep 2020 07:40:59 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Elizabethtown for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html really disappointed by the recent hazing on the wrestling team. It was reported and the administration swept it under the rug.... Wed, 15 Jan 2020 07:08:46 GMT StudentsReview 1162-185914 1162-185914 1162 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative really disappointed by the recent hazing on the wrestling team. It was reported and the administration swept it under the rug. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 07:08:46 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Elizabethtown for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html My education classes had me mostly unprepared for working in the classroom, but I quickly figured out what had to be done. I do feel that going out into schools each year somewhat helped prepare me fo... Fri, 22 Mar 2019 12:18:21 GMT StudentsReview 1162-184393 1162-184393 1162 15 Education Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Negative My education classes had me mostly unprepared for working in the classroom, but I quickly figured out what had to be done. I do feel that going out into schools each year somewhat helped prepare me for my career as a teacher, but my classroom courses were basically a joke. That was 25 years ago so who knows what has changed in the meantime?

Overall a completely overpriced, heterogeneous learning environment in the middle of fields that all too frequently smelled of shit. I met some wonderful people at Etown, but damn, I would never go back even if they gave me a free ride. Attending this college is really the one example of a regret I have in my life.
Fri, 22 Mar 2019 12:18:21 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Elizabethtown for Engineering Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html Elizabethtown is a very small school. With that comes positives and negatives that may impact how you perceive this school. I'll start with the most important part of any college review, academics. ... Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:33:30 GMT StudentsReview 1162-178430 1162-178430 1162 61 Engineering Department Male Undergraduate Class 2019 2nd Year Positive Elizabethtown is a very small school. With that comes positives and negatives that may impact how you perceive this school. I'll start with the most important part of any college review, academics.

The academics at E-town in the engineering department is well put together. Will you find a high paying job at the end of these 4 years, of course. Will you not understand some classes and still completely pass? Perhaps. Elizabethtown is the school where you'll find some of your classes to be extremely difficult, and then others to be simple as hell. This is because some professors don't teach but rather give the grade. The course material is all relevant and is very helpful, but some professors can't explain the course AT ALL to the student and as such bump up the grades so no one feels bad. KEEP IN MIND this is NOT all courses. For the courses that don't do this, you WILL learn and you WILL apply your knowledge to help yourself and your group/friends in a variety of problems the engineering department throws at you. With all that said, I want to add that the professors (even the bad ones) are all easily available to contact and projects in the engineering department happen every year so you will quickly rack experience.

Social life here is a bit of a hit or miss. I wish they had more activities, which would encourage people to go out of their comfort zone and meet others as that's the biggest problem I see here. If you're someone that is extremely extroverted and good at making friends, you'll be living a good life. Most people here are nice, though you'll find some nasty ones that will follow you until you make them stop (avoid them at all costs as like I said, small school). Make sure you make friends (especially if you live far away) as having friends is like having ammo against anyone that hates your guts. Having friends also means you will be motivated to do more at the college, decreasing your risk of possible boredom. If you're in the engineering department, you'll be close to all the other engineers as there's no way one engineer cannot be friends with another (I swear, we all share a bond). If you don't have a social life, quickly join a sports team or club as this will grant you the abilities of making friends FAST. If you don't make friends here, you will quickly get lonely, depressed, and want to go back home. I guarantee it. If you do, however, you'll be fine and might even become one of the "popular" (I say this lightly as no one is "popular" in college) kids at school.

Campus security is a hassle to deal with if you drink. Plan appropriately if you plan to go out or you'll get caught. If you're on a sports team, you'll be fine with your crew. Otherwise, they do make the campus feel safe.

The town is really nice. Small and not filled to the brim with everything you want, but has everything you need. If you really want to see good town activity and/or better nightlife you'll need a car, but otherwise, the town is not bad.

As a whole, I would say Elizabethtown's definition is the good ole' "college is what you make of it" saying. If you don't wish to better yourself and strive for more, you'll never find happiness here. If you're willing to take a step and venture closer to the world of men and women working to make a difference, you'll fit right in.

Hope this helps!
Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:33:30 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html