StudentsReview - Elizabethtown College - Life at Elizabethtown Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html Life at Elizabethtown - Comments en StudentsReview: Advice Review about Elizabethtown for Social Workhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html I initially came to Etown because of the Social Work Department and I thought I wanted a small school setting. My first semester, I had a relationship and a great group of friends. But once my signifi... Wed, 11 Mar 2015 07:51:20 GMT StudentsReview 1162-158062 1162-158062 1162 66 Social Work Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Advice I initially came to Etown because of the Social Work Department and I thought I wanted a small school setting. My first semester, I had a relationship and a great group of friends. But once my significant other broke up with me, I lost my entire group of friends. Bottom line, if you don't have a strong social life at Etown, you will quickly become a loner. People at Etown stick to their own small cliques and are not likely to interact with anyone outside their clique. If you plan on going out to party, watch yourself because Campus Security is ready to crack down on anyone, even the dean's list students. I have had about three different roommates and I had significant problems with each one of them. If you decide to come to Etown, whatever you do, STAY OUT OF THE DRAMA. Trust me, you do not want bad blood at this school. Etown is like high school, part 2. Your reputation is everything and what people think of you does matter because you are forced to live with them. I have had people gossiping about me literally right outside my door. The only thing good I have at Etown are my jobs (jobs are pretty easy to get on campus). However, I am transferring out of Etown because even though the Social Work program is awesome, it is not worth it to have to live in such a toxic environment. If you choose Etown, please use my experiences here as a caution. Stay out of college drama, don't do anything to give yourself a bad reputation, and find a group of people who won't throw you in the dust or you will sink very fast. Wed, 11 Mar 2015 07:51:20 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Elizabethtown for Language - French/Spanish/etc.http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html Elizabethtown College is a great school to go to if you are an occupational therapy or communications student. If you are like me, and are coming here for a liberal arts degree, be advised, the admini... Wed, 28 May 2014 05:13:33 GMT StudentsReview 1162-109657 1162-109657 1162 22 Language - French/Spanish/etc. Female Undergraduate Class 2014 4th Year Neutral Elizabethtown College is a great school to go to if you are an occupational therapy or communications student. If you are like me, and are coming here for a liberal arts degree, be advised, the administrators do not care about you. They spend less on the programs for liberal arts students, and you are forced to share resources with the other, more highly funded majors such as business and engineering.
The main reason I decided to come to Etown is their many options for study abroad, which they claimed would be included in tuition. Little did I know, this does not include the price of airfare, meal plans, and homestay while abroad, which you have to pay in addition to the cost of tuition, which has in recent years increased to over $50,000, despite the fact that most students do not graduate and those that do do not find jobs.
The worst thing about Etown is the incompetence of many of the staff working in offices such as residence life, campus security, career services, and the financial aid office. I have no idea how any of these people managed to find a job at this college, but they are the laziest, most unhelpful people I have ever come in contact with. Especially campus security, who is not there to help students, but rather spend all of their time checking to see whether or not you have alcohol. Most recently they have devoted their time to installing cameras in all residence halls to "Keep students safe" even though we have had little to no safety threats in the past four years. I believe they are doing this to further their agenda to prevent alcohol consumption amongst the students...
I could keep going but I'll leave you with this: come to Elizabethtown for the scholarships. Just remember they don't increase along with tuition.
Wed, 28 May 2014 05:13:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Elizabethtown for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html This school will screw over any student. Unless you plan on spending every waking second on investing your time into school work and having no friends or any fun at all, do NOT attend. Everything is t... Wed, 07 May 2014 03:02:44 GMT StudentsReview 1162-107767 1162-107767 1162 15 Education Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative This school will screw over any student. Unless you plan on spending every waking second on investing your time into school work and having no friends or any fun at all, do NOT attend. Everything is taken way too seriously and "campus security" acts like they are the navy seals and any student who even thinks of having fun will be THROWN OUT. Wed, 07 May 2014 03:02:44 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Elizabethtown for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html I am currently in my sophomore year at Elizabethtown College and will be transferring out at the end of the spring semester. My reasoning is that there is simply nothing to do here. I though a small s... Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:17:30 GMT StudentsReview 1162-101538 1162-101538 1162 12 Computer Science Male Undergraduate Class 2016 2nd Year Negative I am currently in my sophomore year at Elizabethtown College and will be transferring out at the end of the spring semester. My reasoning is that there is simply nothing to do here. I though a small school environment was what I initially wanted, but I can no longer stand the close-mindedness of the students. While this school might be a great fit for some, I require a school with a surrounding city that has more to offer, such as better restaurants, clubs, and activities in general. Comments on here about the dilapidated dorms are absolutely true. The school is plagued with mold issues in the dorms that they cover-up quite well. While I would also like to use the campus gym,it is small and filled with jocks 24/7 who make you feel like you are being judged. Furthermore, while there are two girls for every guy on campus, the chances of finding anyone you will want to date over the long term are quite slim. Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:17:30 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Elizabethtown for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html Academically the college is wonderful, however as far as social interaction it is a nightmare. The school itself feels as if you have been forced back into high school, only now you must live with the... Mon, 10 Feb 2014 08:46:07 GMT StudentsReview 1162-101345 1162-101345 1162 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative Academically the college is wonderful, however as far as social interaction it is a nightmare. The school itself feels as if you have been forced back into high school, only now you must live with these people. Many are close minded and very arrogant. Within your first week people will seem to be very open and accepting, do not let it fool you. After the first two initial weeks pass the reality of how the college really is sets in. The college is composed of many small cliques, and rarely do people interact with others outside of their clique unless forced to for work, or if they are drunk at a party. There are parties here, but nothing special. If you do choose to go out be careful because campus security is always looking for who they can take down next. The college pretends to be a welcoming environment where all are accepting of one another when in reality it is the total opposite. The pleasant moods and kindness of random strangers saying hello to you quickly fades as the year goes on. You either stick to your group or you will quickly become a loner at Elizabethtown. If you are a person who sticks only to their academics, and on the weekends is comfortable staying in their room watching tv then this is definitely the place for you. If not look somewhere else, because this college does not have a whole lot to offer. Mon, 10 Feb 2014 08:46:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html