StudentsReview - Elizabethtown College - Life at Elizabethtown Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html Life at Elizabethtown - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about Elizabethtown for Engineering Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html Elizabethtown is a very small school. With that comes positives and negatives that may impact how you perceive this school. I'll start with the most important part of any college review, academics. ... Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:33:30 GMT StudentsReview 1162-178430 1162-178430 1162 61 Engineering Department Male Undergraduate Class 2019 2nd Year Positive Elizabethtown is a very small school. With that comes positives and negatives that may impact how you perceive this school. I'll start with the most important part of any college review, academics.

The academics at E-town in the engineering department is well put together. Will you find a high paying job at the end of these 4 years, of course. Will you not understand some classes and still completely pass? Perhaps. Elizabethtown is the school where you'll find some of your classes to be extremely difficult, and then others to be simple as hell. This is because some professors don't teach but rather give the grade. The course material is all relevant and is very helpful, but some professors can't explain the course AT ALL to the student and as such bump up the grades so no one feels bad. KEEP IN MIND this is NOT all courses. For the courses that don't do this, you WILL learn and you WILL apply your knowledge to help yourself and your group/friends in a variety of problems the engineering department throws at you. With all that said, I want to add that the professors (even the bad ones) are all easily available to contact and projects in the engineering department happen every year so you will quickly rack experience.

Social life here is a bit of a hit or miss. I wish they had more activities, which would encourage people to go out of their comfort zone and meet others as that's the biggest problem I see here. If you're someone that is extremely extroverted and good at making friends, you'll be living a good life. Most people here are nice, though you'll find some nasty ones that will follow you until you make them stop (avoid them at all costs as like I said, small school). Make sure you make friends (especially if you live far away) as having friends is like having ammo against anyone that hates your guts. Having friends also means you will be motivated to do more at the college, decreasing your risk of possible boredom. If you're in the engineering department, you'll be close to all the other engineers as there's no way one engineer cannot be friends with another (I swear, we all share a bond). If you don't have a social life, quickly join a sports team or club as this will grant you the abilities of making friends FAST. If you don't make friends here, you will quickly get lonely, depressed, and want to go back home. I guarantee it. If you do, however, you'll be fine and might even become one of the "popular" (I say this lightly as no one is "popular" in college) kids at school.

Campus security is a hassle to deal with if you drink. Plan appropriately if you plan to go out or you'll get caught. If you're on a sports team, you'll be fine with your crew. Otherwise, they do make the campus feel safe.

The town is really nice. Small and not filled to the brim with everything you want, but has everything you need. If you really want to see good town activity and/or better nightlife you'll need a car, but otherwise, the town is not bad.

As a whole, I would say Elizabethtown's definition is the good ole' "college is what you make of it" saying. If you don't wish to better yourself and strive for more, you'll never find happiness here. If you're willing to take a step and venture closer to the world of men and women working to make a difference, you'll fit right in.

Hope this helps!
Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:33:30 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Elizabethtown for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html This College is great if you want to be a: teacher, physical/occupational therapist, decade-long med school student, music teacher. You are wasting your time otherwise. But enough of all that, you c... Mon, 13 Jul 2015 01:44:53 GMT StudentsReview 1162-163148 1162-163148 1162 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Negative This College is great if you want to be a: teacher, physical/occupational therapist, decade-long med school student, music teacher. You are wasting your time otherwise. But enough of all that, you can always carve out a great living with a degree as long as administration doesn't actively try to attack you. For what you'd pay at this boring no-name cow patty fuckhole, you deserve a lot better. Let's talk about our fearless shoulder-padded powersuit wearing, 2'x4' up her ass, overzealous tyrant of a dean, Frau Calenda. HEIL. Mon, 13 Jul 2015 01:44:53 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about Elizabethtown for Social Workhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html I initially came to Etown because of the Social Work Department and I thought I wanted a small school setting. My first semester, I had a relationship and a great group of friends. But once my signifi... Wed, 11 Mar 2015 07:51:20 GMT StudentsReview 1162-158062 1162-158062 1162 66 Social Work Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Advice I initially came to Etown because of the Social Work Department and I thought I wanted a small school setting. My first semester, I had a relationship and a great group of friends. But once my significant other broke up with me, I lost my entire group of friends. Bottom line, if you don't have a strong social life at Etown, you will quickly become a loner. People at Etown stick to their own small cliques and are not likely to interact with anyone outside their clique. If you plan on going out to party, watch yourself because Campus Security is ready to crack down on anyone, even the dean's list students. I have had about three different roommates and I had significant problems with each one of them. If you decide to come to Etown, whatever you do, STAY OUT OF THE DRAMA. Trust me, you do not want bad blood at this school. Etown is like high school, part 2. Your reputation is everything and what people think of you does matter because you are forced to live with them. I have had people gossiping about me literally right outside my door. The only thing good I have at Etown are my jobs (jobs are pretty easy to get on campus). However, I am transferring out of Etown because even though the Social Work program is awesome, it is not worth it to have to live in such a toxic environment. If you choose Etown, please use my experiences here as a caution. Stay out of college drama, don't do anything to give yourself a bad reputation, and find a group of people who won't throw you in the dust or you will sink very fast. Wed, 11 Mar 2015 07:51:20 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Elizabethtown for Language - French/Spanish/etc.http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html Elizabethtown College is a great school to go to if you are an occupational therapy or communications student. If you are like me, and are coming here for a liberal arts degree, be advised, the admini... Wed, 28 May 2014 05:13:33 GMT StudentsReview 1162-109657 1162-109657 1162 22 Language - French/Spanish/etc. Female Undergraduate Class 2014 4th Year Neutral Elizabethtown College is a great school to go to if you are an occupational therapy or communications student. If you are like me, and are coming here for a liberal arts degree, be advised, the administrators do not care about you. They spend less on the programs for liberal arts students, and you are forced to share resources with the other, more highly funded majors such as business and engineering.
The main reason I decided to come to Etown is their many options for study abroad, which they claimed would be included in tuition. Little did I know, this does not include the price of airfare, meal plans, and homestay while abroad, which you have to pay in addition to the cost of tuition, which has in recent years increased to over $50,000, despite the fact that most students do not graduate and those that do do not find jobs.
The worst thing about Etown is the incompetence of many of the staff working in offices such as residence life, campus security, career services, and the financial aid office. I have no idea how any of these people managed to find a job at this college, but they are the laziest, most unhelpful people I have ever come in contact with. Especially campus security, who is not there to help students, but rather spend all of their time checking to see whether or not you have alcohol. Most recently they have devoted their time to installing cameras in all residence halls to "Keep students safe" even though we have had little to no safety threats in the past four years. I believe they are doing this to further their agenda to prevent alcohol consumption amongst the students...
I could keep going but I'll leave you with this: come to Elizabethtown for the scholarships. Just remember they don't increase along with tuition.
Wed, 28 May 2014 05:13:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Elizabethtown for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html This school will screw over any student. Unless you plan on spending every waking second on investing your time into school work and having no friends or any fun at all, do NOT attend. Everything is t... Wed, 07 May 2014 03:02:44 GMT StudentsReview 1162-107767 1162-107767 1162 15 Education Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative This school will screw over any student. Unless you plan on spending every waking second on investing your time into school work and having no friends or any fun at all, do NOT attend. Everything is taken way too seriously and "campus security" acts like they are the navy seals and any student who even thinks of having fun will be THROWN OUT. Wed, 07 May 2014 03:02:44 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/ELC_comments.html