StudentsReview - Lehigh University - Life at Lehigh Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html Life at Lehigh - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Lehigh for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html Lehigh is completely dominated by greek life. This is great because sororities and fraternities bring a lot of parties, events, activity, and brings people together. It definitely has its downsides, ... Sat, 22 Apr 2017 11:30:22 GMT StudentsReview 1179-179628 1179-179628 1179 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 1920 1st Year Neutral Lehigh is completely dominated by greek life. This is great because sororities and fraternities bring a lot of parties, events, activity, and brings people together. It definitely has its downsides, if you are not part of greek life you will feel very excluded and it creates a viciously competitive / social climby environment where people are constantly trying to put down other houses and talk up their own. Overall the party scene is great, fun, and accessible - anyone can get into parties any day of the week. But be warned - people are not very adventurous, ALL there is to do is study and party. People are very consumed with their frat/srat, partying and their studies so don't expect to ever get off campus, join lots of clubs or do anything adventurous. Sat, 22 Apr 2017 11:30:22 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Lehigh for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html I come from an rather competitive high school where I was constantly challenged to go above the coursework in each of my classes. I came to Lehigh under the impression that the engineering college her... Mon, 07 Mar 2016 03:31:10 GMT StudentsReview 1179-172952 1179-172952 1179 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative I come from an rather competitive high school where I was constantly challenged to go above the coursework in each of my classes. I came to Lehigh under the impression that the engineering college here was amazing, and that it was borderline Ivy League level.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. While the coursework isn't the easiest, it's all regurgitation. You learn something in class, then you barf it back out onto your homework. You really don't learn anything, you just dump your brains out onto sheets of paper.

The social life is absolute garbage. Having a good time here is getting black out drunk, hooking up with a different passed out or super drunk girl every night, and doing drugs at fraternity houses.

Don't let the aesthetically pleasing campus fool you - the majority (not all) of the students here are shallow, cardboard cut outs of stereotypical college students.

If you're looking to grow as a person and want to learn something and be challenged every day, Lehigh isn't the place for you. If all you care about is a letter grade and getting wasted on a day to day basis, come to Lehigh.
Mon, 07 Mar 2016 03:31:10 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Lehigh for Engineering Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html Lehigh University was one of the most challenging and rewarding 4 years of my life in retrospect. I graduated 22 years ago and my Lehigh network and the reputation of the school has helped me to rise... Fri, 06 Nov 2015 02:27:33 GMT StudentsReview 1179-171659 1179-171659 1179 61 Engineering Department Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive Lehigh University was one of the most challenging and rewarding 4 years of my life in retrospect. I graduated 22 years ago and my Lehigh network and the reputation of the school has helped me to rise to a top position in a Fortune 50 company.

For the people who are complaining, I have to wonder where you would actually be happy. Lehigh is a beautiful campus, it has intelligent but largely conservative and down to earth students, amazing academics and facilities, Patriot league athletics, and amazing parties.

The town has always been a little shady, but we never had any problems with off campus life the few times we left.
Fraternities and sororities did dominate the social scene back then, but that appears to have adapted from what I have observed. The campus is more beautiful now with significant investment. There is also a far more equal ratio of men to women than the 90s. Women were also treated with respect within the fraternities as I saw, this was never a degrading environment as we would not tolerate that. I was president of my 40 member house and we were a tight group who helped each other out and kept a beautiful house together for 4 years.

The only complaint I had is that it was expensive and I was not rich, while a lot of kids were. I took a lot of loans out and paid them out in my early 30s as I always had decent paying jobs.

If you are smart, work hard and play hard, this is your school.
Fri, 06 Nov 2015 02:27:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html