StudentsReview - Lehigh University - Life at Lehigh Copyright 2016 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html Life at Lehigh - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about Lehigh for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html I come from an rather competitive high school where I was constantly challenged to go above the coursework in each of my classes. I came to Lehigh under the impression that the engineering college her... Mon, 07 Mar 2016 03:31:10 GMT StudentsReview 1179-172952 1179-172952 1179 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative I come from an rather competitive high school where I was constantly challenged to go above the coursework in each of my classes. I came to Lehigh under the impression that the engineering college here was amazing, and that it was borderline Ivy League level.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. While the coursework isn't the easiest, it's all regurgitation. You learn something in class, then you barf it back out onto your homework. You really don't learn anything, you just dump your brains out onto sheets of paper.

The social life is absolute garbage. Having a good time here is getting black out drunk, hooking up with a different passed out or super drunk girl every night, and doing drugs at fraternity houses.

Don't let the aesthetically pleasing campus fool you - the majority (not all) of the students here are shallow, cardboard cut outs of stereotypical college students.

If you're looking to grow as a person and want to learn something and be challenged every day, Lehigh isn't the place for you. If all you care about is a letter grade and getting wasted on a day to day basis, come to Lehigh.
Mon, 07 Mar 2016 03:31:10 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Lehigh for Engineering Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html Lehigh University was one of the most challenging and rewarding 4 years of my life in retrospect. I graduated 22 years ago and my Lehigh network and the reputation of the school has helped me to rise... Fri, 06 Nov 2015 02:27:33 GMT StudentsReview 1179-171659 1179-171659 1179 61 Engineering Department Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive Lehigh University was one of the most challenging and rewarding 4 years of my life in retrospect. I graduated 22 years ago and my Lehigh network and the reputation of the school has helped me to rise to a top position in a Fortune 50 company.

For the people who are complaining, I have to wonder where you would actually be happy. Lehigh is a beautiful campus, it has intelligent but largely conservative and down to earth students, amazing academics and facilities, Patriot league athletics, and amazing parties.

The town has always been a little shady, but we never had any problems with off campus life the few times we left.
Fraternities and sororities did dominate the social scene back then, but that appears to have adapted from what I have observed. The campus is more beautiful now with significant investment. There is also a far more equal ratio of men to women than the 90s. Women were also treated with respect within the fraternities as I saw, this was never a degrading environment as we would not tolerate that. I was president of my 40 member house and we were a tight group who helped each other out and kept a beautiful house together for 4 years.

The only complaint I had is that it was expensive and I was not rich, while a lot of kids were. I took a lot of loans out and paid them out in my early 30s as I always had decent paying jobs.

If you are smart, work hard and play hard, this is your school.
Fri, 06 Nov 2015 02:27:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Lehigh for Economicshttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html Lehigh is rich, white, and conservative. Are there students that attend Lehigh who do not fit this category? Of course. But they are stigmatized by the rich, white, and conservative, and their numbers... Wed, 13 May 2015 11:01:11 GMT StudentsReview 1179-161495 1179-161495 1179 57 Economics Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative Lehigh is rich, white, and conservative. Are there students that attend Lehigh who do not fit this category? Of course. But they are stigmatized by the rich, white, and conservative, and their numbers are tiny compared to this group. The top of the food chain at Lehigh is made up of "frat stars" and incredibly fake sorority girls. The men, or I would say boys, that I had the displeasure of coming into contact with were rude, sexist, and immature. The guys of the school refer to the girls as "sluts" pretty much just for being girls. The girls also take the disrespect graciously and use all of their energy trying to make their sororities look the "hottest" and "most fun" to please the disrespectful frat boys. It's absurd and if you have any hope for equality in the world at all in respect to race, sex, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status please stay far away from Lehigh. It is a close-minded place where disgusting frat parties are held above everything else. Although, the professors I had had been wonderful, but in my opinion that's still not worth continuing on for 3 years in this sort of toxic, anti-intellectual student society. Wed, 13 May 2015 11:01:11 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Lehigh for Electrical Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html If you want a disconnected student body, full or raging parties, drug abuse, systematic rape, alcoholism, and friendlessness, come to Lehigh. There are some people completely crazy for this place, som... Sun, 01 Mar 2015 06:25:01 GMT StudentsReview 1179-157665 1179-157665 1179 16 Electrical Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative If you want a disconnected student body, full or raging parties, drug abuse, systematic rape, alcoholism, and friendlessness, come to Lehigh. There are some people completely crazy for this place, some people not too crazy for it (plus a few weirdo crazies). Downtown Bethlehem is not a safe place, so the only things to do on weekends are go to frat houses and drink yourself to death. Also note, weekends begin on Wednesdays and end on Mondays at 4am. They tried creating a program called "Lehigh after dark," but very few people take part, and those who do take part arent the kind of people you wanna be around.

The first year classes are all weed outs, so if you do come, god help your soul, take all your AP credits. There arent many decent places to study. Dorms are loud, and the libraries are literally as far as possible from the dorms. The campus has no center, and the rigidly steep mountain slope creates a literal disconnection between the student body.

Food isnt anything special, youll grow weary of it after a month of two.

The student body is very homogenous; mostly white, upper class people from New Jersey, "right outside of philly," or other places in the northeast. The student body is hostile to foreigners, especially asian students. A year ago someone left an animal head on the front steps of the "UMOJA" house (the dorm dedicated to foreign students/non drinkers).

If you like drugs, alcohol, weed, and forgetting most of your week, hope aboard. If youre not into that, save yourself the trouble and dont apply.
Sun, 01 Mar 2015 06:25:01 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Lehigh for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html I just finished my freshman year at Lehigh and I could easily say that it was the best year of my life. I started off undeclared in the engineering school and I just switched to computer science and b... Wed, 07 May 2014 12:00:32 GMT StudentsReview 1179-107766 1179-107766 1179 12 Computer Science Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive I just finished my freshman year at Lehigh and I could easily say that it was the best year of my life. I started off undeclared in the engineering school and I just switched to computer science and business (which is in both the engineering and business schools). Most of the courses you will take freshman year are intro math/science/engineering courses and with the exception of a few, they are generally large lectures. Professors for these courses are a hit or miss, and some courses are known as "weed outs" (so take all the AP/transfer/IB credit you can!!!). Professors and TAs are generally accessible and it is very easy to get help if you are struggling in a class (office hours, tutoring, etc.). Once you get through the intro classes, the classes for your major are much smaller and more intimate. You feel like you are actually learning something, and the professors have a lot to offer. The social scene at Lehigh is very prominent. You could find a party almost any night of the week, and you learn very early on how to balance school and partying. While Greek life is very big at Lehigh, you do not have to join to have a great Lehigh experience. There is definitely pressure to join and it doesn't hurt to rush and try it out, but as long as you are involved with something else you will find your niche and have a good experience. Not everyone finds their place immediately, but as long as you stay open, friendly, and accepting of different types of people, you will make friends. There has been some stuff going on recently with diversity issues on campus. While the student body is primarily white, there are students of different backgrounds and most people at Lehigh are very accepting. Some people love to hate the Greek system or the majority of white people on campus, but they are not bettering their college experience by acting bitter towards everyone else. There are so many organizations on campus to get involved with and students generally like to join clubs. Most students find jobs after graduation and employers are very impressed by a degree from Lehigh. Definitely visit campus if you are considering coming to Lehigh! Admissions really takes interest into account so take a tour, check the online portal, email faculty with any questions, and talk to Lehigh reps at college fairs. My friends at Lehigh are some of the best friends I've ever had and my freshman year was beyond amazing. Definitely consider coming to Lehigh! Wed, 07 May 2014 12:00:32 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/PA/LEU_comments.html