StudentsReview - Clemson University - Life at Clemson Copyright 2020 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CU_comments.html Life at Clemson - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about Clemson for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CU_comments.html Clemson is a great place to go if you're looking to avoid a big city like school. The people are friendly and there's a decent amount of small restaurants/bars. Many people claim they want to leave be... Wed, 17 Jun 2020 05:38:45 GMT StudentsReview 1242-186384 1242-186384 1242 79 Finance Male Undergraduate Class 1922 2nd Year Positive Clemson is a great place to go if you're looking to avoid a big city like school. The people are friendly and there's a decent amount of small restaurants/bars. Many people claim they want to leave because of the people, but usually it's just because their grades are suffering. Clemson is harder than most in state schools, and they just haven't adjusted well. If you give Clemson a chance, you'll see there really is something in these hills Wed, 17 Jun 2020 05:38:45 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Clemson for Philosophyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CU_comments.html I am counting down the days until I can leave Clemson. I decided to try another year because last year was horrible and I thought it was a fluke. I wanted to come to Clemson for the small down atmosph... Wed, 29 Nov 2017 01:43:42 GMT StudentsReview 1242-182103 1242-182103 1242 32 Philosophy Female Undergraduate Class 1920 1st Year Negative I am counting down the days until I can leave Clemson. I decided to try another year because last year was horrible and I thought it was a fluke. I wanted to come to Clemson for the small down atmosphere with a love of football and school spirit. It was also competitive and that drove me to fight for my admission as well. But since I came to campus, Ive wanted to leave.

The dorms are terrible and disgusting. My room last year was interior and did not have a window. My personality definitely suffered. This year, my room is mold infested, and I have made call after call with little acknowledgment of the problem. They keep "testing the air," saying its fine. I spent money buying dehumidifiers and other products and even wrote a letter asking for a partial refund which was completely dismissed.

I am not a social outcast, either. I am in a great, "popular" sorority on campus and some people are nice. But mostly, the campus is filled with people from bum-fuck South Carolina who drive trucks and wave confederate flags.

A huge reason I came here was for the "amazing" football team. Yet, I can never get a ticket to the game as a student. The stadium is filled with fans and people who pay a lot of money, but hardly any students or even a notable student section.

As for the social scene, there is absolutely nothing to do. If you are in greek life, there are parties, but these get old so fast. We cannot go downtown at all under the age of 21. The closest store other than publix is 25 minutes away. On the weekends, everyone goes home or away from campus if it is not football season.

The faculty is overall helpful and care about the students. But I have had many foreign teachers for math and other subjects who cannot even speak english. The passing rate in the class was 20%.

Luckily I am transferring next semester. Almost all of my friends have talked about transferring at one point or another. The school is obsessed with money and continue to work to get new students, but no money goes into new dorms or ensuring the students to STAY at the university after the first year.

If you are thinking about transferring, trust me, everyone's been there. It's not too late to leave. College is supposed to be enjoyable, but currently I am living in a moldy room and my only escape is the fact that my car is on campus, allowing me to drive to Greenville to get away. My best memories here have been visiting friends at USC and UGA, if that tells you anything...

The college tour was awesome, but entirely misleading. Think about what you really want from a school before deciding on this one.
Wed, 29 Nov 2017 01:43:42 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Clemson for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CU_comments.html I drank the Koolaid- the orange koolaid, and it's not what I thought. The dorms are old and nasty. Football gets old after awhile and everyone is drunk. The classes are huge and many of my professors ... Fri, 27 Oct 2017 10:15:16 GMT StudentsReview 1242-181683 1242-181683 1242 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 1920 2nd Year Negative I drank the Koolaid- the orange koolaid, and it's not what I thought. The dorms are old and nasty. Football gets old after awhile and everyone is drunk. The classes are huge and many of my professors are foreign so I can't even understand a lot of what they're saying. The students can be very stuck up and snooty. Not sure why because this isn't Duke or even wake forest. You see lots of confederate flags and pickup trucks around here, which I didn't see in the Charleston area where I'm from. There is literally nothing to do here. It's remote and boring. Cows and hills except on game days. I wanted to go away for college but stayed instate for low instate tuition. I think I'll transfer because I just can't see myself staying here for two more years. Fri, 27 Oct 2017 10:15:16 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about Clemson for Mechanical Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CU_comments.html I have learned a great deal. I think this is an excellent school. The only reason I would go to a different school is that it might have more employment impact in other regions of the country.... Tue, 08 Aug 2017 04:49:02 GMT StudentsReview 1242-180730 1242-180730 1242 24 Mechanical Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 1954 2nd Year Positive I have learned a great deal. I think this is an excellent school. The only reason I would go to a different school is that it might have more employment impact in other regions of the country. Tue, 08 Aug 2017 04:49:02 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Clemson for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CU_comments.html I went here onstage because of low tuition cost but I hate this college. People are extremely clseminded and intolerant of others viewpoints. It's like being surrounded by the most close minded people... Sat, 15 Apr 2017 01:47:30 GMT StudentsReview 1242-179539 1242-179539 1242 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2019 3rd Year Negative I went here onstage because of low tuition cost but I hate this college. People are extremely clseminded and intolerant of others viewpoints. It's like being surrounded by the most close minded people you can ever imagine. I guess it's an upstate mentality, but the students are not welcoming to other students of different religions and orientations. Some professors have been great and I tried to get into the rah rah football mindset but I can't get past the southern hick culture here. I will transfer to either USC or College of Charleston because I just can't take it anymore. Please think more urban and open-minded when you make your college decision. Football really isn't everything. Sat, 15 Apr 2017 01:47:30 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CU_comments.html