StudentsReview - Coastal Carolina University - Life at CCUhttp://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CCU_comments.html Life at CCU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about CCU for History/Histories (art history/etc.)http://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CCU_comments.html When I first visited coastal I knew I had to go there. I loved everything about it, that is until I got there. I was put in housing that was not even on campus- it's across a highway and down the road... Fri, 08 Aug 2014 02:41:43 GMT StudentsReview 1243-119387 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1243-119387 1243 41 History/Histories (art history/etc.) Female Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Negative When I first visited coastal I knew I had to go there. I loved everything about it, that is until I got there. I was put in housing that was not even on campus- it's across a highway and down the road from campus and they were apartments. Just where freshmen want to be.. not. I did not ask to be there- it was my last choice actually. It was hard enough to make friends apartment style but it made it worse that they place you with people randomly. I only got along with one of my roommates and another one was just down right awful. The buses were never on time - they were either very early or very late and there was hardly ever room. Classes were fine, Some teachers were great and some we're not helpful what so ever. I do feel like I did learn a lot in my short time in the classes though. The campus is very pretty and most of the students are nice and very friendly (it is the south). Oh, and if your planning on coming from out of state, make friends with people that don't live around or in the area- the campus was nearly empty on weekends, everyone leaves. There were countless weekends I was left alone and went to the cafeteria to find I was one of the only people there. I also didn't realize how much of a party school coastal is. Maybe that was just me being naive but seriously people, Calm down for a second. The one incident that really pushed me over the edge was sorority recruitment,Which I dropped out of after this- they had the meetings for it at the science building which is a building that you have to drive to. I went through recruitment alone and didn't have a car so I took the bus there. It started in the evening and went late, midnight maybe, and by then the buses had stopped running. By the time I got out of the building everyone had basically gone, I knew no one and there were no buses for me to get home. I eventually had to ask a few random girls for a ride back to my apartment and when we got there, she dropped me off at the front gate since it was closed. There was a security officer there( who I had planned on asking if he would walk me the rest of the way) yelled at me for having them drop me off there then drove off in his little golf cart without another word. I had to walk the rest of the way to the apartment alone in the middle of the night. Thanks coastal for having such great security. I felt sooo safe. Overall I lasted a semester. I just couldn't deal with it anymore. Fri, 08 Aug 2014 02:41:43 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CCU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about CCU for Kinesiologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CCU_comments.html This school sucks, its placed in between two highways and you have to drive to go anywhere. Most of the majors are a joke especially an Exercise science degree since you cannot do anything with it tha... Tue, 13 May 2014 10:49:37 GMT StudentsReview 1243-108196 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1243-108196 1243 21 Kinesiology Male Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Negative This school sucks, its placed in between two highways and you have to drive to go anywhere. Most of the majors are a joke especially an Exercise science degree since you cannot do anything with it that you are going to make money with. Tue, 13 May 2014 10:49:37 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CCU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about CCU for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CCU_comments.html Some points of Coastal Carolina's spectrum are positive, but the Political Science department is both unhelpful and unprofessional. Many professors do not even have extensive knowledge of the field.... Sun, 04 May 2014 01:48:52 GMT StudentsReview 1243-107575 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1243-107575 1243 58 Political Science Male Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative Some points of Coastal Carolina's spectrum are positive, but the Political Science department is both unhelpful and unprofessional. Many professors do not even have extensive knowledge of the field. Sun, 04 May 2014 01:48:52 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CCU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about CCU for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CCU_comments.html CCU is a good university. It has given me unheard opportunities especially in my major. However, I might be that one in a thousand. I'm on my way to achieve success. I can't speak for everyone tho... Sat, 05 Apr 2014 07:44:18 GMT StudentsReview 1243-105215 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1243-105215 1243 12 Computer Science Male Undergraduate Class 2016 2nd Year Positive CCU is a good university. It has given me unheard opportunities especially in my major. However, I might be that one in a thousand. I'm on my way to achieve success. I can't speak for everyone though.

Education: I'm in Computer Science. Good department, good people. The drop out rate for the entry classes is like 65%. It's bad. Not the universities fault though. Some kids come in and think computer science is great for the money and cause they could make Facebook or Call of Duty. The professors are good. The general electives suck. It's like that at most universities though, nothing special.

City: Conway isn't too great. However, Myrtle Beach is an alright area to live in. You get to chill at the beach, good food, hookah, Market Commons... it's good. If you don't have a car though, it sucks.

Clubs/EC: Intramurals are awesome here. Completely worth it. The HTC gym is fantastic as well. A decent amount of clubs too. I'm sure you could find one to commit too. I wouldn't worried about clubs so much beacuse once you get busy you only have time for one or two. It sucks because I don't have time for all of them.

Parties: The cops are good about busting parties which suck. They will get you for public intox, DUI, underage drinking. However, some of them have gotten completely out of f**king control. I've seen 400+ people house parties, drunken snowball fights, dude shooting a .22s to control a party, hiding in the bathrooms when cops bust in. They get crazy some nights and you gotta be ready to dip any second when the police roll in.

Now my only complain, is CCU accepts too many trashy students usually from the Tristate area or typical business majors. It's not too bad because they fail out their Freshman or Sophomore year. Once you get into the upper level courses, you find yourself among some of the smartest and down to earth people. Being a freshman here wasn't the best until you find people that care.
Sat, 05 Apr 2014 07:44:18 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CCU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about CCU for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CCU_comments.html Coastal is a awesome school, I seem to like it here, you can get a really good degree and also seem to party a lot. ALOT of sluts go here, and ALOT of future wife's go here and there beautiful girls. ... Sun, 02 Mar 2014 08:58:26 GMT StudentsReview 1243-102438 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1243-102438 1243 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Positive Coastal is a awesome school, I seem to like it here, you can get a really good degree and also seem to party a lot. ALOT of sluts go here, and ALOT of future wife's go here and there beautiful girls. Dude CCU is a 2 way street, you either love it or hate it, but the school is nice. Don't let assholes like the negative comments on here not let you come here, people get the wrong idea, since the school is near the beach they only wanna come here and party, they could care less about a degree. CCU is a party school, you just have to know where to look. The parties how are all or nothing, either its nothing going on or its the best night off your live every weekend, Greek life is really big here, so always keep an open mind that people who don't like frats and strats arnt really going to like it here. I like this school, Im always drunk or high and im a freshman, its a really well balanced school. Sun, 02 Mar 2014 08:58:26 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/SC/CCU_comments.html