StudentsReview - The University of Tennessee - Knoxville - Life at UTenn-Knoxville Copyright 2016 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/TN/UTK_comments.html Life at UTenn-Knoxville - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about UTenn-Knoxville for Nuclear Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/TN/UTK_comments.html I cannot imagine being any happier with a school than I am right now. In short, I love this place. I love it so much I'm staying for the Summer. I love the academics, the campus vibe, the school spiri... Wed, 20 Apr 2016 08:58:24 GMT StudentsReview 1307-173340 1307-173340 1307 29 Nuclear Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Positive I cannot imagine being any happier with a school than I am right now. In short, I love this place. I love it so much I'm staying for the Summer. I love the academics, the campus vibe, the school spirit, the location, the extracurriculars, I really can't complain about anything. Four years will go quickly here, I can't believe year 1 is almost done. Wed, 20 Apr 2016 08:58:24 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/TN/UTK_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about UTenn-Knoxville for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/TN/UTK_comments.html This university is very unsafe for women. The guys will rape anyone at any time. Then, due to Title IX, the administration will go on the attack with the female, trying to get them to report it or shu... Sun, 10 Jan 2016 11:03:39 GMT StudentsReview 1307-172366 1307-172366 1307 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative This university is very unsafe for women. The guys will rape anyone at any time. Then, due to Title IX, the administration will go on the attack with the female, trying to get them to report it or shut up. The administration puts "holds" on the females' accounts, not letting them register, get their final grades, or move forward with the university unless they divulge the gory details of the rape. And then, of course, the females have been through all of this for nothing. The guy gets away scot-free, and is protected by the university, as anything a female says is held against her. It is an ass-backwards place, and do not go here. Sun, 10 Jan 2016 11:03:39 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/TN/UTK_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about UTenn-Knoxville for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/TN/UTK_comments.html In-state tuition is decent for a public university but the school will bleed you dry every chance it gets. Parking passes are $186 for a COMMUTER and they sell two passes for every parking spot. If yo... Tue, 30 Jun 2015 03:46:28 GMT StudentsReview 1307-162780 1307-162780 1307 79 Finance Female Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Neutral In-state tuition is decent for a public university but the school will bleed you dry every chance it gets. Parking passes are $186 for a COMMUTER and they sell two passes for every parking spot. If you get here after 9 or 10 am, good luck finding a spot. If you CAN'T find one, you either have to pay for a meter, if they're open, or take a ticket. The campus tickets LIBERALLY. They charge all kinds of fees in addition to tuition also. I work on campus all year long but can't use any of the facilities I actually have time for in the summer because I'm not taking classes. So the hundreds of dollars in fees I pay in the fall and spring for things I don't have time to use are not available. A summer parking pass must also be purchased. I have had very few classes with under 50 people and have to take 4 classes this semester with 700 people apiece. However, this doesn't bother me. I prefer the big classes to the smaller ones. My biggest issue is the gen ed requirements. I'm all for being made into a well-rounded adult but some of them are ridiculous, especially in the College of Business. Students have to take core classes in every department and it's ridiculous. I could have told you I wasn't going to enjoy Statistics but I had to take it anyway and got a horrid professor for it. College of Bus. students are also restricted in their choices of gen eds. You can't take ANY arts and humanities course, you have to choose one from a small list that probably doesn't include anything interesting. Having to take an intermediate level foreign language was a drag also. 20 credits hours, four semesters later and I'm finally finished with Mandarin. The advisers aren't overly helpful on choosing a major either. A collateral is required in the business school and the adviser's only suggestion to me was "ask around." The constant construction is a bit depressing. I'm all for improving campus but you can't be on campus without hearing a jackhammer or something.
Freshmen are required to either live at home or in a dorm. I got my commuter form notarized saying I would be living at home and moved into an apartment the summer before I started. I highly recommend this option to any prospective student responsible enough for it. You save money on parking passes, noncommuter passes run around 300, and you save several THOUSAND dollars in renting vs staying a dorm. As well as having your own room. I've heard nothing but horror stories about dorms. Alarms going off at 3 am, horrible roommates, non-working elevators, broken heat or A/C, etc etc. Whereas my apartment was never anything except perfect. DON'T LIVE IN THE FORT. STAY AWAY FROM THE FORT. I had the grand idea of parking there instead of buying a summer pass and my car was broken into in the middle of the day, broad daylight. During the semester, you also receive an unfortunate amount of emails from UTPD notifying the campus of a robbery, assault, or rape incidence. I never got into the party or sorority scene. I go to school, go to work, come home and do homework.
Tue, 30 Jun 2015 03:46:28 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/TN/UTK_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about UTenn-Knoxville for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/TN/UTK_comments.html I transferred here because my original University did not offer Speech Pathology as a major and hat is what I decided I wanted to do with my life. That being said, I cannot wait to get out of here and... Wed, 21 Jan 2015 02:02:38 GMT StudentsReview 1307-156621 1307-156621 1307 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative I transferred here because my original University did not offer Speech Pathology as a major and hat is what I decided I wanted to do with my life. That being said, I cannot wait to get out of here and get on with my life. I feel like all my (high) tuition goes towards making the (not so great) football team look good, while the campus is ugly, the student amenities are awful, and necessary resources are limited. The dorms are small and dirty, but still expensive. I went from receiving 3 different scholarships to one (provided by the state, not the school) and they still charge students for silly things like admissions into some clubs, or there are rumors that meal plans will soon be required for students, whether you're on campus or not.There are very few faculty members who have made me feel like a person, not just a name on a page. Friends are hard to make because you never see the same person twice on this huge (ugly) campus. The surrounding city does have a nice square about 15 minutes away from campus. I'll give it that. But after you get tired of the four boutiques and six restaurants that are there, there's not much (so if boutiques aren't your thing and you can't afford to eat out a lot, sorry). The rest of the city is dirty and industrial and feels sketchy. I could go on and on about my distaste for this school. Wed, 21 Jan 2015 02:02:38 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/TN/UTK_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about UTenn-Knoxville for Nuclear Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/TN/UTK_comments.html Freshman be careful and make certain you get the first available registration date as classes fill up fast and you will get stuck with a bad professor who will not teach the class and stick you with a... Wed, 17 Dec 2014 07:52:28 GMT StudentsReview 1307-155287 1307-155287 1307 29 Nuclear Engineering Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Advice Freshman be careful and make certain you get the first available registration date as classes fill up fast and you will get stuck with a bad professor who will not teach the class and stick you with a grad student who cannot teach, this happened to me in Calcus. Wed, 17 Dec 2014 07:52:28 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/TN/UTK_comments.html