StudentsReview - Texas State University - Life at TSU Copyright 2016 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/TX/STSU_comments.html Life at TSU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about TSU for Music - Performancehttp://www.studentsreview.com/TX/STSU_comments.html The music program is less than to be desired. They simple do not care about their student's interest. The freshman adviser misdirected and the music support staff were never on the same page. Don't... Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:22:27 GMT StudentsReview 1343-174043 1343-174043 1343 26 Music - Performance Female Undergraduate Class 2015 1st Year Negative The music program is less than to be desired. They simple do not care about their student's interest. The freshman adviser misdirected and the music support staff were never on the same page. Don't get to meet with a music adviser until sophmore year which is too late to find out what is needed when you start your freshman year. Adviser indicates that music students don't graduate until usually 5.5 to 6 yrs because the music program unnecessarily requires to much additional work that you do not receive credit for and your pre-requisites must be obtain (on your own time). If your a music major - don't waste your time at this university. Go some place that they actually care about you graduating and don't abuse you to their own advantage. What a wasteful first year of time and money. Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:22:27 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/TX/STSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about TSU for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/TX/STSU_comments.html Texas State places virtually no value on education or individual thought; it is a degree mill for sub-par, mostly white students from wealthy families. There are individual professors in individual de... Mon, 09 May 2016 06:34:09 GMT StudentsReview 1343-173518 1343-173518 1343 58 Political Science Male Undergraduate Class 2015 4th Year Negative Texas State places virtually no value on education or individual thought; it is a degree mill for sub-par, mostly white students from wealthy families. There are individual professors in individual departments that are exceptional, but for the most part no one seemed all that interested in inspiring people to learn or inspiring people to teach. I went to class as I saw fit and rarely studied for anything (other than the occasional unreasonably difficult test that in no way reflected the professor's ability - freshman communications, freshman history, philosophy and critical thinking, college algebra, Spanish 1, Russian law and politics, legal theory and research) I made virtually all As and graduated Suma Cum Laude (Final GPA: 3.81) with minimal advising.

At no point at Texas State did I feel valued as a student or encouraged to acquire knowledge in my field.
Mon, 09 May 2016 06:34:09 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/TX/STSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about TSU for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/TX/STSU_comments.html The fashion merchandising program at Texas state was a joke. The teachers did not care, the instruction was not relevant and for the classes that were relevant, there was not enough instruction for th... Mon, 18 Apr 2016 05:01:49 GMT StudentsReview 1343-173322 1343-173322 1343 0 Unknown Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative The fashion merchandising program at Texas state was a joke. The teachers did not care, the instruction was not relevant and for the classes that were relevant, there was not enough instruction for the amount of students in the class. They would talk about the negative impacts of the fashion industry on human rights and the environment, yet they would push jobs in fields that were directly involved in those indecencies. They only pushed internships in shitty environments like Ross, Kohls, and other equally corporate companies. If you are an entrepreneur or are interested in alternative paths, There was absolutely no guidance or encouragement whatsoever. If you're interested in tech things like Photoshop or other similar programs, you will learn literally nothing in the courses that you take because there are 1 million students and one incompetent teacher. Independent thought is not encouraged. Good luck getting a job afterwards that isn't poverty level unless you are a trust fund baby, hope this helps! Mon, 18 Apr 2016 05:01:49 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/TX/STSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about TSU for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/TX/STSU_comments.html I have been here for 1.5 years and I can tell you my first year classes were a complete and utter waste of time. Political Science, English, Philosophy, Math. All those classes were not challenging or... Wed, 09 Dec 2015 11:59:29 GMT StudentsReview 1343-171994 1343-171994 1343 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative I have been here for 1.5 years and I can tell you my first year classes were a complete and utter waste of time. Political Science, English, Philosophy, Math. All those classes were not challenging or helpful, I would sit in class and nobody would say anything and it made me insanely frustrated. what the hell are people here for? Oh that's right.... PARTYING.....

my 3rd semester my classes got harder and I actually had to try, but even then I realized that nobody cared, even the professors.... I was kinda surprised, I didn't know this level of mediocrity existed...

Texas State University should not even be called a University, it's a school for students who don't care about their futures, this school graduates an insane amount of Liberal Arts degrees and very very very few Science degrees, look it up on the website...

what you pay for is mediocre teaching and students who just want to pass to get their degrees and leave. None of the students I have met actually care about learning, they are all here for reasons other than Academia.

pros: the girls are hot

cons: everything else, clubs, classes and competitiveness in the market suck. every mature person I talked to had an immediate negative reaction when I said I went to Texas State, even my old manager thought it sucked, I should have listened to him.... I imagine this will be true when you talk to employers as well... also I sat in on a University event to talk to employers and only around 7/200 people showed up, the room was empty and all the students were juniors and seniors, I was the only freshman in the room. The staff outside were scrambling to try and lure other students into the room, because they were afraid of looking bad.... that should give you an idea about how the University operates.

There also has been numerous warnings going on about people being robbed in parking garages and San Marcos in general is not very safe place to live, and there's also lots of flooding if it rains really bad.

I am going to another University, and I am glad to be leaving this place.
Wed, 09 Dec 2015 11:59:29 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/TX/STSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about TSU for Social Workhttp://www.studentsreview.com/TX/STSU_comments.html Texas state was my first choice! This school has an excellent Social work program. People are friendly for the most part, I think most just keep to themselves. I am a Junior in my major so not sure ab... Sun, 06 Sep 2015 04:25:21 GMT StudentsReview 1343-170602 1343-170602 1343 66 Social Work Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive Texas state was my first choice! This school has an excellent Social work program. People are friendly for the most part, I think most just keep to themselves. I am a Junior in my major so not sure about the lower levels. What other school in Texas can say they had a president graduate? I feel like the ones who are negative are lazy. Yes, you have to work hard,and show up if you do you will succeed.
The cons..parking..not enough, lots of students, and travel. I drive from San Antonio..about 45 min. I chose Texas state over UTSA, and im glad I did.
Sun, 06 Sep 2015 04:25:21 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/TX/STSU_comments.html