StudentsReview - The College of William and Mary - Life at WM/CWM Copyright 2016 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/CWM_comments.html Life at WM/CWM - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about WM/CWM for Neuroscience/Cognitive Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/CWM_comments.html I remember reading these reviews religiously when I was trying to make my decision about where to attend, so I will try to make this as helpful as possible. First off, I LOVE William and Mary. I have ... Tue, 22 Mar 2016 07:40:49 GMT StudentsReview 1400-173077 1400-173077 1400 69 Neuroscience/Cognitive Science Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Positive I remember reading these reviews religiously when I was trying to make my decision about where to attend, so I will try to make this as helpful as possible. First off, I LOVE William and Mary. I have learned so much in each of my classes and have met so many amazing people here that I would not dream to go anywhere else.I think the average person here is a bit of an overachiever but also has such a big heart and values social time and clubs as much as academics.
Academics-- The academics here are top notch and, most importantly, are recognized by employers and graduate programs as such. I have taken a range of classes from science to the humanities and expected to find the humanities to be a waste of my time. Rather, in my intro to linguistics course, we actually learned how to make our own websites and various other applicable skills in addition to linguistics. I have been really pleased overall to find that no class is ever so easy that it is not worth my money. The academics are definitely challenging here, and the people that come to W&M want that focus on academics over partying. The professors are so accessible that I really don't feel like it should be too challenging for people that get in as long as they are willing to put in the work to take advantage of the resources available (free calc tutoring, office hours, review sessions etc).
Social-- My favorite part about William and Mary has been the social dynamic. Being placed in all freshmen dorms allows nearly every freshman to find a group of friends within their dorm immediately. I did random housing selection and my roommate is my best friend. As someone that does not drink, I was definitely worried that I would feel excluded in college. However, at William and Mary, I have only encountered people that are incredibly accepting and never pressure me into anything I don't want to do. I still get to go out to parties on the weekends, however I also have so many other options. AMP (an organization on campus) puts on activities every weekend from making your own soap to laser tag on the sunken gardens to comedy shows to concerts. I have never felt left out being non Greek and being a non drinker, and I think that is something very special about our campus. I love that I can go out to a frat party one night and stay in and watch a Disney movie with friends the next.
I feel like those are the most important factors of a college to consider. Apart from that, I love the campus, student body size, and sense of community here. My only big complaint is the food. Sodexo sucks at providing vegetarian options, but that's a problem common to almost every school our size. To finish up, my favorite part about campus is that everyone is proud to be here. It makes the William and Mary name mean that much more in the real world and makes the sense of community on campus even stronger. If you want more information, contact anyone you can find that goes here-- anyone would be happy to rave about W&M
Tue, 22 Mar 2016 07:40:49 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/CWM_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about WM/CWM for History/Histories (art history/etc.)http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/CWM_comments.html I am a transfer here, and so far it has been great. I love being able to walk across the street to get to restaurants, the campus has some really nice looking parts, people are caring and involved in ... Sat, 06 Feb 2016 08:57:52 GMT StudentsReview 1400-172644 1400-172644 1400 41 History/Histories (art history/etc.) Male Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive I am a transfer here, and so far it has been great. I love being able to walk across the street to get to restaurants, the campus has some really nice looking parts, people are caring and involved in the campus community/clubs, and the academics for my major (history) are great. I also have a second major in Psychology, and so far the quality of those classes has been good, but not amazing. The food could use some help, but everything else is pretty darn good, or even Great! Certainly better than my old school! I would give it a 4.5/5 overall. Sat, 06 Feb 2016 08:57:52 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/CWM_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about WM/CWM for Mathhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/CWM_comments.html Great college that I would recommend to anyone. School has a perfect balance of everything.... Sat, 02 Jan 2016 04:19:46 GMT StudentsReview 1400-172250 1400-172250 1400 23 Math Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Positive Great college that I would recommend to anyone. School has a perfect balance of everything. Sat, 02 Jan 2016 04:19:46 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/CWM_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about WM/CWM for Mathhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/CWM_comments.html Excellent choice. Attending William and Mary was easily the best decision I made.... Sat, 11 Jul 2015 12:09:19 GMT StudentsReview 1400-163095 1400-163095 1400 23 Math Male Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Neutral Excellent choice. Attending William and Mary was easily the best decision I made. Sat, 11 Jul 2015 12:09:19 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/CWM_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about WM/CWM for Neuroscience/Cognitive Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/CWM_comments.html William and Mary was great. I received a great education, but I think a lot of other liberal arts colleges could give that to an applicant. What William and Mary seemed to do better than other schools... Sun, 21 Jun 2015 07:00:26 GMT StudentsReview 1400-162528 1400-162528 1400 69 Neuroscience/Cognitive Science Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive William and Mary was great. I received a great education, but I think a lot of other liberal arts colleges could give that to an applicant. What William and Mary seemed to do better than other schools was an absolutely amazing orientation. I knew everyone on my hall on a first name basis and they did a great job of "fostering community" as lame as that sounds.

Do not come here to party. Greek life exists, it's not destitute, but if that's your motivation for college you would be best served elsewhere.

Come to WM for the rigorous (but not needlessly cutthroat or stressful) education. I didn't have a bunch of busywork, any work there was seemed directly relevant to my development. As always for any school rate my professor is a must, although on average WM does better than most schools.

In the end WM has amazing placement into grad programs which if you're motivated is where you'll want to go after this. Personally I will be attending medical school and I owe this partially to WM for preparing me for the MCAT through coursework as well as some of the administration sticking their necks out to get me shadowing experience.

While colonial Williamsburg isn't somewhere I thought I would have enjoyed living for 4 years looking back I was glad I made the choice I did.
Sun, 21 Jun 2015 07:00:26 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/CWM_comments.html