StudentsReview - James Madison University - Life at JMUhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/JMU_comments.html Life at JMU - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about JMU for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/JMU_comments.html JMU is an interesting place, to be sure. i see it as a microcosm of everything one can hope to expect from a public university. You will meet every conceivable type of person here, staff and students.... Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:23:37 GMT StudentsReview 1408-113633 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1408-113633 1408 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Positive JMU is an interesting place, to be sure. i see it as a microcosm of everything one can hope to expect from a public university. You will meet every conceivable type of person here, staff and students. You may sit between the trust-funded Fraternity brother from Northern Virginia on the left and the artsy-introverted girl from Massachusetts on your right. The odd thing about JMU, you could wind up getting along wonderfully with both. Friendliness is key and you get what you give. Professors, like students run the gamut from the ones that will move heaven and earth to see their students pass, to the ones that will merciless crush your dreams with a smile (ratemyprfessor is going to be your best friend). I came in knowing i wanted to be in marketing and the program is phenomenal, i am definitely being challenged and the career resources are competitive but certainly abundant. Housing is only guaranteed for freshman year but off-campus townhomes, houses, and apartments are affordable and varied (its a buyers market and rent goes from about $300 up to $600 monthly). Food is everything they say it is, delicious and available in amazing variety; we have at least 7 different places to eat not including coffee shops and snack bars. The social life is what you make of it. There are plenty of parties most weekends and a bus system to get you to and from them. joining Greek life isn't necessary but if you find an organization that likes you and you can afford it, there is no reason not to. On a final note, the traffic and parking situation are definite problems, all upper class-men bring their vehicles and there aren't nearly enough spots Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:23:37 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/JMU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about JMU for Sociologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/JMU_comments.html JMU is simply not right for me, as the things I need from my education is not provided at JMU. I am introverted; I need smaller classes. I chose JMU for the vast opportunities to grow. Instead, I feel... Tue, 27 May 2014 07:45:27 GMT StudentsReview 1408-109609 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1408-109609 1408 50 Sociology Female Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Negative JMU is simply not right for me, as the things I need from my education is not provided at JMU. I am introverted; I need smaller classes. I chose JMU for the vast opportunities to grow. Instead, I feel unimportant and unable to rise to the top. Leadership opportunities are hard for me to find as there are so many people. Tue, 27 May 2014 07:45:27 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/JMU_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about JMU for Nutritionhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/JMU_comments.html I transferred to James Madison University for the Spring 2014 semester and lived off campus, expecting to have the time of my life and meet many new faces. I was only able to experience this school fo... Tue, 18 Feb 2014 05:54:06 GMT StudentsReview 1408-101705 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1408-101705 1408 73 Nutrition Male Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Neutral I transferred to James Madison University for the Spring 2014 semester and lived off campus, expecting to have the time of my life and meet many new faces. I was only able to experience this school for a mere three weeks so keep that in mind when taking this review into account.

My director for my health program incorrectly informed me of my required classes to apply for this health program, which I was not informed of until I had moved to the school and signed a lease. Word of warning, drill every adviser you can with questions until you are 100% sure if you are a transfer. This is what caused me to withdraw, I refuse to pay a school for an extra year and a half for their own incompetence.

Onto my perception of the campus...it's beautiful but this school is not commuter friendly in the least. Good luck finding a parking space after paying the 110 dollar (WTF) commuter parking pass. Someone has clearly made an error in the parking logistics department, as I would typically spend thirty minutes driving around looking for a parking space EVERY DAY. The parking garage is a safety hazard at best, being completely full 99% of the time. If you require us to pay for a pass, then you are required to provide ample parking space for all.

The buses would routinely fill up at one stop, not allowing many students to board thus having to wait for a second bus.

The parking is not the only logistics horror, as the gym is PACKED almost all day. The size of this gym is laughable given the amount of tuition money flowing into this school. Want to relieve stress by lifting weights? Good luck, all three rows of dumbbells were taken up by kids daily. As a part time personal trainer I almost vomited at the sight of this routine circus act.

The people at this school were generally friendly, though don't expect much in the way of diversity as others have stated. Basically, if you are a white female sorority clone, you will have the freaking time of your life...and possibly get raped...just saying.

A little about myself, I'm a 22 year old white good looking male that can get along with just about anyone...and I do not have a short fuse when it comes to stress. I loved the food and gorgeous girls (seriously, so many attractive girls) but this school has major flaws that need to be addressed and I do not suggest it for a transfer student. If you come to this school into dorm life right out of high school I can see the benefits of that route.
Tue, 18 Feb 2014 05:54:06 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/JMU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about JMU for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/JMU_comments.html Most of the students have a UVA fixation because that is where they wish they were. Even if you look at the reviews, you will see UVA mentioned many more times than what should be normal.... Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:10:58 GMT StudentsReview 1408-101334 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1408-101334 1408 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Neutral Most of the students have a UVA fixation because that is where they wish they were. Even if you look at the reviews, you will see UVA mentioned many more times than what should be normal. Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:10:58 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/JMU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about JMU for PreMed and Medicalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/JMU_comments.html Great school if you get involved. Awesome health science program and cool volunteer opportunities. At first I found the campus a little bit overwhelming, but now I could not imagine being anywhere e... Tue, 21 Jan 2014 03:04:14 GMT StudentsReview 1408-100451 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1408-100451 1408 36 PreMed and Medical Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive Great school if you get involved. Awesome health science program and cool volunteer opportunities. At first I found the campus a little bit overwhelming, but now I could not imagine being anywhere else. Faculty is helpful, there are a couple of duds so check ratemyprofessor first. Finding a good group of friends is easy. Students work hard, but it is not as tense an environment as UVA. Great party atmosphere, but a bunch of other activities to do if that is not your thing. Tue, 21 Jan 2014 03:04:14 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/JMU_comments.html