StudentsReview - Liberty University - Life at Liberty Copyright 2018 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/LU_comments.html Life at Liberty - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about Liberty for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/LU_comments.html I've had a few great adjunct professors. The rest were a joke, as they would/could not assist with any discrepancies in quizzes or tests because "I am sorry but I did not write the course and therefor... Sat, 30 Jun 2018 02:32:18 GMT StudentsReview 1409-183360 1409-183360 1409 15 Education Female Undergraduate Class 1920 1st Year Negative I've had a few great adjunct professors. The rest were a joke, as they would/could not assist with any discrepancies in quizzes or tests because "I am sorry but I did not write the course and therefore I cannot change anything". The time allotted to complete online testing varies from course to course, regardless of the length of the test- number of questions. It is so random. And you have NO way of knowing what the correct answer was for any missed, so there is NO MASTERY of the subject, just grades. THAT is NOT education. I have 10 years of classroom teaching experience in private schools. I do know a bit about what true education should look like.
The "Advisors" are also a joke. They are uniformed and most often follow a script which is not helpful to the student. Blackboard is more like "swallow the prescribed information and spit it out another way but not too differently or your score will be docked." Black- BORED. Students do not truly interract. I couldn't believe the half-"baked" comments. They sounded like robots. I honestly learned more in my hands on classroom years than I did in any course. I learned only a few new terms, but NO new precepts.
Sat, 30 Jun 2018 02:32:18 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/LU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Liberty for Criminalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/LU_comments.html I have been very blessed to attend Liberty University. It has challenging courses in a wide variety of fields. It is very simple to get tutoring and speak with advisers/professors, who are always frie... Sun, 22 Oct 2017 12:39:11 GMT StudentsReview 1409-181564 1409-181564 1409 44 Criminal Female Undergraduate Class 1921 1st Year Positive I have been very blessed to attend Liberty University. It has challenging courses in a wide variety of fields. It is very simple to get tutoring and speak with advisers/professors, who are always friendly and available.

However, many students do tend to act quite self-righteous, seeming to be too pure and important to become involved in your problems or dirty their reputation. It is a bit disheartening, but there are also so many students who genuinely care about serving God through loving the people he has made. The community at LU is great and if you apply yourself and escape your comfort zone, you will make a lot of friends.
Sun, 22 Oct 2017 12:39:11 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/LU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Liberty for Public Healthhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/LU_comments.html Hi! I absolutely have had the opposite experience then most people who have posted on this website and It honestly makes me really sad that you all had a below averaged experience at Liberty. I am an ... Thu, 03 Aug 2017 07:46:59 GMT StudentsReview 1409-180700 1409-180700 1409 64 Public Health Female Undergraduate Class 2018 2nd Year Positive Hi! I absolutely have had the opposite experience then most people who have posted on this website and It honestly makes me really sad that you all had a below averaged experience at Liberty. I am an out of state student from Florida. That being said we really are not southern as far as our culture. I have loved the cute southern style liberty has and have had an amazing experience at Liberty University as far as getting involved I am 100% extroverted I have found the most amazing friends! My department has been amazing with the friendliest staff and professors.Going to Liberty was honestly the best decision I have ever made! I hope it is for future students. Also I hope that those of you who had a terrible experience that it improved at your next university! Thu, 03 Aug 2017 07:46:59 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/LU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Liberty for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/LU_comments.html I transferred to Liberty University from Virginia Tech for the positive Christian atmosphere. It was the worst decision I've ever made. 1) Academics. Depending on the major, the academics here are a... Fri, 07 Apr 2017 07:18:19 GMT StudentsReview 1409-179443 1409-179443 1409 0 Unknown Female Undergraduate Class 2018 3rd Year Negative I transferred to Liberty University from Virginia Tech for the positive Christian atmosphere. It was the worst decision I've ever made.
1) Academics. Depending on the major, the academics here are a joke. They will over Christianize every single subject.
2) People. Do not even get me started. I was so depressed I almost killed myself because I had no friends because I swore/ did not believe the exact same things other people believed. My roommates were assholes who would play music loudly till midnight and had no consideration for other humans besides themselves. I have never felt more depressed or alone in my life.
3) The college experience. THERE IS NOTHING TO DO IN LYNCHBURG. STAY AWAY OR YOU WILL DIE OF BOREDOM. Literally my roommates would drive to Roanoke for donuts. That was the fun thing to do on the weekend.
4) DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL UNLESS YOU HAVE A CAR. Need I emphasize again, THERE IS NOTHING TO DO ON CAMPUS ON THE WEEKENDS. LU empties out on the weekends. People escape to other universities.
5) Advising. ADVISERS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. I was so depressed that I was failing all of my classes. I decided to withdraw from all but one because I did not want my transcript affected. My advisor said that it was fine to keep my one credit class and that I could keep my housing. Turns out, she was wrong. You have to be in 3 credits in order to keep your housing. I got evicted and had to commute to lynchburg from Northern Virginia for 2 months in order to finish the therapy I started. I also had to live out of my car for several days.
They do not know what they are talking about and will screw you over.
STAY AWAY.