StudentsReview - Virginia Commonwealth University - Life at VCUhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/VCU_comments.html Life at VCU - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about VCU for Physical Therapy/Exercise Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/VCU_comments.html Love VCU and as an alumni, I would definitely recommend it for a great undergrad experience! I graduated in 2008, not 1908 by the way!... Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:21:30 GMT StudentsReview 1426-103617 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1426-103617 1426 74 Physical Therapy/Exercise Science Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Positive Love VCU and as an alumni, I would definitely recommend it for a great undergrad experience!

I graduated in 2008, not 1908 by the way!
Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:21:30 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/VCU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about VCU for Physical Therapy/Exercise Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/VCU_comments.html Love VCU and as an alumni, I would definitely recommend it for a great undergrad experience!... Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:20:40 GMT StudentsReview 1426-103616 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1426-103616 1426 74 Physical Therapy/Exercise Science Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Positive Love VCU and as an alumni, I would definitely recommend it for a great undergrad experience! Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:20:40 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/VCU_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about VCU for Economicshttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/VCU_comments.html So VCU is actually a difficult school to get an A in no matter what major you are. But the school still has frats and sororities despite the hipsters and you still have to work to get past aramark's f... Mon, 03 Mar 2014 09:24:35 GMT StudentsReview 1426-102513 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1426-102513 1426 57 Economics Female Undergraduate Class 2017 4th Year Advice So VCU is actually a difficult school to get an A in no matter what major you are. But the school still has frats and sororities despite the hipsters and you still have to work to get past aramark's food poisoning and the cocaine. Great bball team, whatever, but I'm a Mensa-certified genius that just wants to kill herself and seriously the worst parts about VCU are the ones that people protest the capitol for and the min wage for (all of them are stupid and aren't even worth the dollar). VCU is great but people are hippies protesting for the lazy, totally serious about this. The people who feed prisoners should really not be feeding our students. They completely suck. Mon, 03 Mar 2014 09:24:35 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/VCU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about VCU for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/VCU_comments.html There are just so many things right here and so many things wrong. It should be noted that I'm not bashing VCU. It's a very good school with decent programs, But I feel it just hasn't been a very posi... Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:27:09 GMT StudentsReview 1426-101725 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1426-101725 1426 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2016 3rd Year Negative There are just so many things right here and so many things wrong. It should be noted that I'm not bashing VCU. It's a very good school with decent programs, But I feel it just hasn't been a very positive experience for me. I really wanted it to be. I love this school, I really do. But there are too many problems. Let's start with the actual program I'm in. The gen eds are absolutely useless and they do nothing but waste your time. The foreign language requirement is horrible and I'm struggling to keep up in the second half of it. It is in no way relevant to my major and I feel like it should be optional not required for graduation. Speaking on the subject, there are too many here. I understand the co requisites. They make sense. Science overlaps and Biology requiring a bit of Math, Chemistry and Physics isn't a problem. But the gen eds are nothing but busywork and you don't learn from them. Also 45 upper level credits when there are barely even enough classes for it is nightmarish for graduation. I'm finishing my junior year this spring and I expect to graduate in 2016. That isn't right. This school focuses on money. The tuition is a bit higher than some other schools instate and the coursework is very difficult despite VCU not having too great of a reputation. My adviser has done virtually nothing for me. Even during scheduled appointments I feel as though I am wasting my time. Sure there is a great social aspect here but I didn't come to a university to make friends. I want an education that will follow me for the rest of my life. Now I'll name out some of the positives. The biology department here is very friendly and the professors I have had are very helpful. They really want you to succeed and if you show interest in what is being taught they will notice. Apply yourself here and you'll pass with flying colors. My major courses are really the only ones I have enjoyed at VCU. Also, it should be noted that the diversity here is wonderful. People from all walks of life are here. There are plenty of research opportunities and labwork or internships here so if you say you can't find them in the biology department then you're just not applying yourself. I would highly recommend that every biology major get extremely involved in research opportunities. I suppose the only thing I have left to talk about now is Richmond itself. It's not a bad city I suppose. The buildings are old, and there are definitely pockets of crime, but it's no more dangerous than any other city I've been to. In the end the reason I'm not quite satisfied with my choice is because this school doesn't do enough for it's students. You become a number assigned to a clicker very quickly and you are nothing but cash. Also, I think there is too much focus on a basketball program that isn't even in the top 25. Things can be fixed here. It's not irreversible damage, but for now, if you are considering attending here, I'll just go ahead and tell you I wouldn't recommend it. The negatives outweigh the positives Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:27:09 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/VCU_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about VCU for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/VCU_comments.html I would choose a different school over VCU if I could do it over again. I graduated last December (December 2013). While in school the career department was very helpful with helping me to create a r... Tue, 04 Feb 2014 11:53:10 GMT StudentsReview 1426-101047 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1426-101047 1426 79 Finance Male Undergraduate Class 2013 4th Year Advice I would choose a different school over VCU if I could do it over again. I graduated last December (December 2013). While in school the career department was very helpful with helping me to create a resume and look for jobs. Now that I have graduated no one from my finance department (my major) or the career department will respond to emails. I have yet to find a job. I think half of it is the economy right now and half of it is that VCU is not on the same level in employers minds as VA Tech or UVA. I can not even currently land a job as a BANK TELLER!! Is that ridiculous or what?! That just proves people don't respect a degree from VCU.
I can also say I did not learn very much at all from my time at VCU. Sure I have a bachelors degree now but basically I feel like I paid 5 grand a semester for the last few years just for a title, not a real education. I truly believe if I had just started working right out of high school I would be farther ahead in life right now. So I would say that if you have to go to college go somewhere else, and if you don't then just start at the bottom and work your way up.
Tue, 04 Feb 2014 11:53:10 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/VCU_comments.html