StudentsReview - The University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee - Life at UWM/UWisc-Milwaukee Copyright 2020 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/WI/UWMi_comments.html Life at UWM/UWisc-Milwaukee - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about UWM/UWisc-Milwaukee for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/WI/UWMi_comments.html free shipping isotretinoin for sale legally Does Keflex Have Generic priligy prix Propecia Coupon Form... Mon, 25 Nov 2019 06:37:52 GMT StudentsReview 1492-185793 1492-185793 1492 1 Accounting Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Neutral free shipping isotretinoin for sale legally Does Keflex Have Generic priligy prix Propecia Coupon Form Mon, 25 Nov 2019 06:37:52 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/WI/UWMi_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about UWM/UWisc-Milwaukee for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/WI/UWMi_comments.html I have been a student for the past couple years. I transferred with 3 years to go to obtain my bachelors and now I have one year left. Which will be dedicated to clinicals! I am very excited. My degre... Thu, 15 Nov 2018 11:28:45 GMT StudentsReview 1492-183925 1492-183925 1492 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Class 1922 3rd Year Positive I have been a student for the past couple years. I transferred with 3 years to go to obtain my bachelors and now I have one year left. Which will be dedicated to clinicals! I am very excited. My degree is Biomedical-focus Laboratory Scientist. I have taken classes that I would rate as mediocre but the majority have given me a challenge. I like a challenge, because when I am challenged, I learn! I am grateful most for professors in the Chemistry Department and the Biology Department. I have enjoyed the labs immensely, lectures are good, and exams are fair. I feel prepared for my career, and that is because I have taken time in my courses. Yes, there are students who don't give a rat's butt. However, if you try to excel and go slightly above what is required, you will do fine! You'll stand out. 2 of my professors have offered to write me letters of recommendation if I need it, which shows me that they care about my future.

I am a commuter. I am a mother of a one year old, work, and go to school. I would say my social life is lacking but that is just my current chapter. However, I have met fellow students who are not on my journey. They are staying in the dorms, they're playing sports, they're in sororities and/or fraternities. They tell me about their experiences-- we connect, yet we're different. I LOVE THAT. I also love that there are people like me. Started school a little later, have a family, work a job, and have huge responsibilities outside of school (I am 26). I think it is unique to experience such diversity at a campus and to feel welcomed no matter what your background entails.

My student adviser has been a huge help. He meets with me at the beginning of every semester to see where I am at and prints out a current schedule of what I need to sign up for in order to achieve the requirements for my degree. He actually does this for everyone is the Biomedical branch. He e-mails us weekly with mock-interview opportunities, volunteering opportunities, announces guest speakers speaking on what's applicable to our field of study, and always alerts us to scholarship opportunities. He also holds open advising hours 2 day a week. Thank you Bill! The students are very approachable and nonjudgmental (as I mentioned above). The school prides itself in research and diversity (age, ethnicity,religion, etc). I hear many students complaining of the material Professors expect us to master, but nine times out of ten it is totally necessary. That's why I ask you, do NOT throw the baby out with the bath water. Yes, there are many students who don't want to put in the work. There is a portion however who shine. Those are the ones I like to compete with. They would say they like to compete with me too... because we encourage each other to do better.

I would recommend this school. I noticed in comments prior, they had mentioned how Milwaukee was underrated. I agree with this statement. They are constantly trying to innovate and create. I was close to attending UW-Eau Claire but I am happy I chose Milwaukee.

My only qualms:
- Chemistry lab rooms are over used and need some work.
- TA's often teach the lab and don't reach expectations.
- Safety concerns; there is a bright side to Milwaukee and the darker side. There isn't enough security in the world that would be adequate enough to handle Milwaukee's dark side (luckily for UWM we're placed in a decent neighborhood but Marquette is in an area where there is more crime and violence). Since I commute I have never had to deal with this. I have heard from my fellow students that unfortunate things can happen when the sun goes down.

Well, there is my experience. It may not be for some people, but I am happy I found what's right for me.
Thu, 15 Nov 2018 11:28:45 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/WI/UWMi_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about UWM/UWisc-Milwaukee for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/WI/UWMi_comments.html UWM is a great school for some folks, it has a lot of diversity, academic groups, and even political attention. If you are anything other than 100% supportive of LGBTQI or whatever, do not go here. If... Sun, 18 Dec 2016 02:01:20 GMT StudentsReview 1492-177508 1492-177508 1492 30 Nursing Female Undergraduate Class 2019 3rd Year Advice UWM is a great school for some folks, it has a lot of diversity, academic groups, and even political attention. If you are anything other than 100% supportive of LGBTQI or whatever, do not go here. If you need a safe space because you did not like how someone used the word "crazy" or the phrase "politically correct" then this IS the place for you. I have gone here for three years, professors are lazy and do not care about students, grade arbitrarily, and only like to spew their point of view about the world outside your lecture hall. Sun, 18 Dec 2016 02:01:20 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/WI/UWMi_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about UWM/UWisc-Milwaukee for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/WI/UWMi_comments.html Hi there, I am graduating in December with my BSN from UW-Milwaukee. I would think long and hard about deciding to come here for your education. It is not a great program. Yes, it is cheaper than pr... Thu, 10 Nov 2016 12:30:13 GMT StudentsReview 1492-176697 1492-176697 1492 30 Nursing Female Undergraduate Class 2016 5th Year Negative Hi there,
I am graduating in December with my BSN from UW-Milwaukee. I would think long and hard about deciding to come here for your education. It is not a great program. Yes, it is cheaper than private but you will get what you pay for (many times, it will feel like even less). The simulation labs are so run down they are almost not functional. There are literal holes in the walls, lack of basic modern supplies. So if you want to learn how to operate irrelevant medical equipment from the 1970's, this is the place. Their accreditation is also questionable. There are always rumors circulating that they are under review or probation and might not get their accreditation renewed, which would a degree from them useless. But these are rumors so I have no clue as to their validity and have been unable to find any concrete information on this. However, the fact that the administration never addresses these rumors is a little concerning. There is a general suspicion that they are keeping the students in the dark.

The leadership is not great. They have this very authoritarian style. I think they are trying to "prepare students for the real world", but they are horribly misguided. This translates into telling students that missing a class due to a death in the family is "unacceptable", changing your schedule last minute and expecting you to accommodate them without question, and literally closing doors in students faces. This is especially frustrating to adult students (such as myself). Most of my classmates are returning students who have been in the working world, functioning as professionals in other fields, for years before starting this program. They actually told us that something would "go on our permanent record" like some villain in an 80s teen movie. They have this same style with the clinical instructors, so the good ones leave for other schools/positions.

Their clinical placements are tenuous and you can end up driving up to an hour away for your site. You will have classes where you are not provided a syllabus until the class is like 6 or more weeks in. Some classes are given these strange names and then have no content, so they just assign you tons of frivolous papers to write and have "guest speakers" to fill time.

With all that being said, I am graduating with straight A's and am glad to be done. I will be an RN after all and that was the goal. But it UWM made it a very painful process and I will still have a lot of debt. If I had a time machine, I would make a different choice.

Good luck! I hope your BSN experience is better than mine was!
Thu, 10 Nov 2016 12:30:13 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/WI/UWMi_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about UWM/UWisc-Milwaukee for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/WI/UWMi_comments.html Campus is cramped physically. Food on campus is okay, but not great. The student union is junky and not laid out well. Housing makes you live on campus the first year. I moved to off campus housing as... Thu, 04 Feb 2016 09:11:58 GMT StudentsReview 1492-172621 1492-172621 1492 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Neutral Campus is cramped physically. Food on campus is okay, but not great. The student union is junky and not laid out well. Housing makes you live on campus the first year. I moved to off campus housing as soon as I could and loved it. Living in the neighborhood allows you to feel like and adult. The best part is the east side of Milwaukee. Seriously, get out and see the neighborhood. Great food, art, entertainment. I basically go to campus to attend classes, and leave as soon as I can. There is a great shuttle program called BOSS that runs at night if you don't want to walk alone. Parties range from awesome to meh. It's all a matter of who you meet and how you like to get down. Thu, 04 Feb 2016 09:11:58 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/WI/UWMi_comments.html