StudentsReview - Loyola Marymount University - Life at LMUhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/LMU_comments.html Life at LMU - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about LMU for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/LMU_comments.html I didn't love my time at LMU and I know a lot of other people who also didn't enjoy it. But then again, there are plenty of people who LOVE LMU. If you are a sorority or fraternity type person, this... Sun, 06 Apr 2014 03:42:02 GMT StudentsReview 168-105264 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 168-105264 168 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Class 2014 3rd Year Neutral I didn't love my time at LMU and I know a lot of other people who also didn't enjoy it. But then again, there are plenty of people who LOVE LMU. If you are a sorority or fraternity type person, this is a decent place. If the thought of paying hundreds of dollars to be part of a mindless drinking organization doesn't appeal to you, then definitely don't go to LMU. I know there is more to Greek life then drinking...but seriously, if you want to have a social life at LMU it is pretty much mandatory to join a sorority or fraternity. Also, the campus is somewhat suburban, which was boring--rent in the area was still absurd, but you have to drive like 30-45 minutes to get anywhere fun, I was a member of the honors program, which helped a little, but just honestly didn't feel like I had anything in common with most people I met. Also (and this may be true of many schools) I felt like I was one of the only biology majors who was interested in biology and not just getting into medical school. I had hoped to meet some other science-minded people, but many biology major groaned about classes like ecology and botany, whereas I was stoked to be taking them. I have come out of LMU with a few excellent friends and close relationships with a few of my professors, and it wasn't a waste of time or anything, but if I knew then I what I knew now, I would have gone somewhere else. I think I could have been a lot happier during my undergraduate days. Sun, 06 Apr 2014 03:42:02 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/LMU_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about LMU for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/LMU_comments.html I truly hope someone reads this review and it makes you not go to LMU anymore. This school truly sucks. Unless you want to be surrounded by a a bunch of rich spoiled kids, who care solely about what f... Sun, 24 Nov 2013 08:52:51 GMT StudentsReview 168-97397 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 168-97397 168 1 Accounting Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Neutral I truly hope someone reads this review and it makes you not go to LMU anymore. This school truly sucks. Unless you want to be surrounded by a a bunch of rich spoiled kids, who care solely about what frat you are in or who you know, then LMU is the school for you.
AND don't even think about be able to get classes, which is completely ridiculous . Overall this school is overpriced, paired with crappy classes, an even worse social scene, and above all an administration that simply doesn't care about anything more then money. Please head my warning and don't go to LMU
Sun, 24 Nov 2013 08:52:51 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/LMU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about LMU for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/LMU_comments.html I've enjoyed every second of my time at LMU. From my very first day when a student helped me carry my bag and the lady that have me my OneCard and answered all my dumb questions without an ounce of at... Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:12:17 GMT StudentsReview 168-92566 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 168-92566 168 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2015 1st Year Positive I've enjoyed every second of my time at LMU. From my very first day when a student helped me carry my bag and the lady that have me my OneCard and answered all my dumb questions without an ounce of attitude - to where I am right now. The campus is so beautiful it's almost painful. The students are friendly and the professors are perfect, for the most part. If you're not a fan of wearing matching t-shirts with Greek letters there's a million other activities to participate in. There's a club sport for everything. Hell, there's a quidditch team. I'm going to keep this brief but LMU offers a lot from CollegeFest to the stellar academics. I love being a lion. Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:12:17 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/LMU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about LMU for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/LMU_comments.html I hate this place. I hate it so much I can even bear to go into detailed specifics about why i hate this place other than that it was literally an increasingly worse and worse hell on Earth for me. Su... Tue, 08 Jan 2013 09:27:59 GMT StudentsReview 168-91246 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 168-91246 168 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2013 3rd Year Negative I hate this place. I hate it so much I can even bear to go into detailed specifics about why i hate this place other than that it was literally an increasingly worse and worse hell on Earth for me. Sure, freshman year was alright and even had some downright great moments, but after that it was a steadily sinking ship of misery. The actual educational part of this university is okay, but not worth the absurd tuition, but the students OY VEY THE STUDENTS! ARGGGGH! FURY! I literally felt suicidal from the social atmosphere here. And I'm being dead serious, not some whiny drama queen. I had a very small handful of friends here sure, but that number continued to get lower and lower as my stay at LMU progressed. They social atmosphere for the most part is full of moronic, shallow bimbos and jocks who all are obsessed with small talk and BS unoriginal activities, and to make matters worse they have awful and unoriginal philosophies on life and the world around them and never question anything or truly contemplate anything. It's a very un-college like atmosphere. Just a bunch of drones that are pretty much all stuck in absurd fraternities and sororities and i just never fit in to this awful environment, though i tried at first, and frankly i'm glad I ended up giving up as absolutely miserable and outcasted it made me feel. I want 3 1/2 years of my life back and all the money my mom wasted on this place given back to her as well. Don't go to this school. It's a trap. A lump of feces coated in a deceptive gold coating. Tue, 08 Jan 2013 09:27:59 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/LMU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about LMU for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/LMU_comments.html This school is horrible. I'm currently a senior and I have had nothing but bad experiences with administration. There are some exceptions of great teachers, but they have more than a fair share of hor... Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:07:35 GMT StudentsReview 168-90699 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 168-90699 168 79 Finance Male Undergraduate Class 2013 3rd Year Negative This school is horrible. I'm currently a senior and I have had nothing but bad experiences with administration. There are some exceptions of great teachers, but they have more than a fair share of horrible ones. Worst of all, no one cares. The students don't do anything about it because nothing gets done from the administrations standpoint. It is very clear they like keeping everything the way it is and don't make decisions on their own behalf so they assume no responsibility. Instead of helping and encouraging students who pay 30-40k a year in tuition, they sweep everything under the rug so they can continue to collect their paycheck without any problems or without putting any real work in. I've had to fight tooth and nail to be able to get a second major and or get my classes/issues addressed. I defiantly regret my discussion enrolling in this university if it weren't for my friends/social circles.

Also, a lot of business professor have tenure so they believe they can do whatever they want. Some administration I have talked to about this fully acknowledge it and only answer with things like "thats the way it is". There is no oversight or checking if the professor or anyone is doing their job. The only thing students can do is do a teacher evaluation at the end of the year, which is supposedly has effect on what the courses the professor can teach in the future, but I believe serve no real purpose. And if they do, the damage has already been done from the students GPA standpoint.
Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:07:35 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/LMU_comments.html