StudentsReview - National University - Life at National Copyright 2019 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/NU_comments.html Life at National - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about National for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/NU_comments.html My classmates were great! Many, like me, were vets. That helped me a lot. Advisors were inexperienced or rude--hard to find. A few professors were outstanding, others, inexperienced. A four-week term ... Thu, 05 Jul 2018 04:25:57 GMT StudentsReview 173-183370 173-183370 173 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 1921 2nd Year Neutral My classmates were great! Many, like me, were vets. That helped me a lot. Advisors were inexperienced or rude--hard to find. A few professors were outstanding, others, inexperienced. A four-week term sucks! I don't think they are equivalent to real university courses--"Trump University" but with palm trees and earthquakes. I hope to transfer out soon if my credits are worth anything. Thu, 05 Jul 2018 04:25:57 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/NU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about National for Public Healthhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/NU_comments.html Graduated with a degree in Public Health that has been useless. I could not find a job. I stayed at my company and moved up a little, but my degree here did not help me. I learned little to nothing. T... Mon, 23 Apr 2018 04:53:32 GMT StudentsReview 173-183105 173-183105 173 64 Public Health Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative Graduated with a degree in Public Health that has been useless. I could not find a job. I stayed at my company and moved up a little, but my degree here did not help me. I learned little to nothing. The classes are too fast paced. Some professors are good and some are not. Prices kept climbing and climbing. I was a transfer student and left with 50k in debt for a bachelors. My loans only covered tuition and books. I had no extra funds for anything else. Please go elsewhere! Mon, 23 Apr 2018 04:53:32 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/NU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about National for History/Histories (art history/etc.)http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/NU_comments.html Go elsewhere. There is a huge faculty turnover rate. I was told different things by different people. They refuse to answer questions. This has been the worst experience ever.... Mon, 28 Mar 2016 01:19:55 GMT StudentsReview 173-173130 173-173130 173 41 History/Histories (art history/etc.) Male Undergraduate Class 2016 3rd Year Negative Go elsewhere. There is a huge faculty turnover rate. I was told different things by different people. They refuse to answer questions. This has been the worst experience ever. Mon, 28 Mar 2016 01:19:55 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/NU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about National for Englishhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/NU_comments.html I finished my Bachelor's in English with a Concentration in Creative Writing in 2015, and enjoyed the majority of my classes. It's true, there were a couple of Professors that were "clunkers", but the... Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:09:15 GMT StudentsReview 173-163398 173-163398 173 17 English Female Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Positive I finished my Bachelor's in English with a Concentration in Creative Writing in 2015, and enjoyed the majority of my classes. It's true, there were a couple of Professors that were "clunkers", but the majority of instructors were friendly, competent, and did a great job teaching the material (especially in such a short time frame). I am now going to be entering the Masters of Education program, and expect that to go well too. You can't beat the online format (especially for us working adults), and the tuition is really great compared to other Private Universities who charge almost double for the same classes (and take twice as long). I've also had good experiences with financial aid and my advisor. Overall, I've been extremely happy here. Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:09:15 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/NU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about National for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/NU_comments.html RACIAL DISCRIMINATION AND VIOLATIONS OF AMERICAN W/DISABILITIES ACT ***ATTEND AT YOUR OWN RISK*** I have been a student at NU since 4/2013 and as of 2/15 I was suspended from school 3 classes sh... Thu, 12 Mar 2015 11:44:43 GMT StudentsReview 173-158141 173-158141 173 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Negative RACIAL DISCRIMINATION AND VIOLATIONS OF AMERICAN W/DISABILITIES ACT

***ATTEND AT YOUR OWN RISK***

I have been a student at NU since 4/2013 and as of 2/15 I was suspended from school 3 classes shy of graduation of my bachelors program because I stopped a teacher from picking a student apart in front of the class. I reported this to the front office and was told to make a complaint in the morning.

By then, this teacher (Blanca Molina) had already reported false accusations and also accused me of throwing papers at her, although I have written statements from my peers stating otherwise. They did not even bother to contact my witnesses, they instead just suspended me and did their own "investigation" without even reviewing my side of the story until 2 weeks later after the incident was reported.

The school dropped me from my class and all my future classes pending an investigation that took a total of 5 weeks to complete, all to find out that I have been suspended for 6 months with no review of the facts offered.

Whenever I tried contacting the VA office or another department I would get regular emails from Curt Williams the Judicial Affairs officer letting me know that I was in violation of NU policy by contacting any department other than the Judicial Affairs Office, and that if I had any questions I should ask that office directly. However, they NEVER respond to emails and the phone goes directly to voicemail. The only time I got a response was when I Cc'd the Chancellor (who by the way never responded to my email I sent him informing of the racial discrimination).

In one of my classes a fellow student (who is African American) reported RACIAL discrimination she had to deal with from a specific teacher Roy Rodgers who consistently called her "La'Quisha" because he could not remember her name. When she reported she received a WARNING!!!!!!

This school is a joke. Stand clear from it. Not all professors are like this I will say, I did enjoy most of them, but there are a few that treat you like a child and talk down to you.

I also am a disabled veteran and my rights were violated when I was not allowed to take my medicine with my lunch meal on the break.

I have written an email to the chancellor and it was unanswered and then when I tried reaching out to other offices for help I was scolded by the Judicial Affairs Office for not talking with them directly....again.. they WILL NOT respond to your emails or voicemails!

I also had an incident prior to this and I tried contacting the dean (Dr. Baum) on November 7th I reached out to her a total off 3 times and did not get any response. 3 classes later the situation escalated, and now the teacher had an issue with me, but when she complained, they removed me from class and did an "investigation" and later told me that the complaint was "unfounded" and I was allowed to complete the class via EMAIL!!!!

This school is a joke and I DO NOT recommend anyone to attend this school unless they are looking to get subpar service from the ADMINISTRATION OFFICES at NU.

I did contact an attorney who said that I have a case and that I should take it to litigation. I have decided not to but decided to take my credits to another school and continue my education elsewhere. This is not worth the hassle.
Thu, 12 Mar 2015 11:44:43 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/NU_comments.html