StudentsReview - Auburn University - Life at Auburn Copyright 2018 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/AL/AU0_comments.html Life at Auburn - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about Auburn for Zoologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/AL/AU0_comments.html College for me was the next step in growing up. My brother was 5 years older and attended AU when in was in H.S., so I got the chance to experience the campus, dorms, apartments, parties, freedom, etc... Tue, 18 Sep 2018 12:36:50 GMT StudentsReview 18-183653 18-183653 18 51 Zoology Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive College for me was the next step in growing up. My brother was 5 years older and attended AU when in was in H.S., so I got the chance to experience the campus, dorms, apartments, parties, freedom, etc prior to attending. I was very prepared emotionally and socially to go away to school and start my path to becoming independent.
1. College helped me to set academic goals and work toward completing a degree.
I wanted to go to Vet school, but about 1 year in, when you make a few C's, the opportunity to get into AU Vet school starting waning, so I changed my Major to Wildlife Science (Zoology). I wanted to stay within the COSAM college. I had to go (2) extra quarters (before the school changed over to semesters) and graduated in Fall '94.
2. I would have done spent more time researching the job market. There was a hiring freeze for 1-2 years on Federal and State jobs when I got out of school and it was difficult to find a Parks/Fisheries/Wildlife Research position.
3. For H.S Sophomores/Juniors, I would recommend reaching out to a private company, hospital, school, firm, etc, where you have an interest in, and volunteer, work after school, intern, etc with that business/company for 1-2 months at minimum, to see if you still are interested in that type of work. It will make you aware of the to day-to-day activities, issues, management style, pressures, responsibility and tasks it would take for you to work in that specific environment. If the 30-60 day trial period proves beneficial, then looking at colleges that support a Major in this field would be a smart choice.
Tue, 18 Sep 2018 12:36:50 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AL/AU0_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Auburn for PreVet and Veterinaryhttp://www.studentsreview.com/AL/AU0_comments.html This is a fucking terrible school and the HUB at Auburn is a shitty apartment complex they have mold, dog crap, and the management is terrible! As for the school is you're not a blonde bimbo or a frat... Wed, 08 Aug 2018 05:49:55 GMT StudentsReview 18-183511 18-183511 18 55 PreVet and Veterinary Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative This is a fucking terrible school and the HUB at Auburn is a shitty apartment complex they have mold, dog crap, and the management is terrible! As for the school is you're not a blonde bimbo or a frat drunk then you have shit to do here. Auburn ONLY cares and caters to its bullshit football team, I could care less about football but everyone in this damn town is a idiot gameday hive mind. You can't make friends here, the classes are boring and if you fail exams then you are really shit out of luck, no extra credit, do overs, grade curves, Nothing! And these are by far the worst teachers ever. Some of them have thick accents that you can't understand others don't put ANYTHING about the exams in the weekly lessons. I live in Alabama and this college is pure shit. Its only for upperclass rich valley bimbos and football drooling fans. It's terrible and way to damn expensive for students when the Univeristy itself makes millions off their games. Do Not Come Here and Im 9k in debt to these fuckers. Wed, 08 Aug 2018 05:49:55 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AL/AU0_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Auburn for Mechanical Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/AL/AU0_comments.html Auburn university is not at all what I thought it was, it's ran by a bunch of arrogant liberals who just want money . They won't even hire good teachers that can speak English. Most of the population ... Tue, 25 Jul 2017 10:12:35 GMT StudentsReview 18-180613 18-180613 18 24 Mechanical Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 1921 1st Year Negative Auburn university is not at all what I thought it was, it's ran by a bunch of arrogant liberals who just want money . They won't even hire good teachers that can speak English. Most of the population here are asians and terrorists, mostly because that's what the teachers consists of. They care more about spending money on their football stadium for a team who will never win a game again then they do about their academics. This is the worst school you can go to for the money. My first college was a lot smaller but was head over heals better than this "school". Tue, 25 Jul 2017 10:12:35 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AL/AU0_comments.html