StudentsReview - Westwood College Denver North - Life at WCDN Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/WCOT_comments.html Life at WCDN - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about WCDN for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/WCOT_comments.html Its a paper mill --entirely uninterested in results, only in fulfilling the minimum legal requirements.... Sat, 07 Jan 2017 03:21:48 GMT StudentsReview 1843-177991 1843-177991 1843 12 Computer Science Male Undergraduate Class 2005 4th Year Negative Its a paper mill --entirely uninterested in results, only in fulfilling the minimum legal requirements. Sat, 07 Jan 2017 03:21:48 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/WCOT_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about WCDN for Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etchttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/WCOT_comments.html I have had so much frustration trying to further my education. I earned a Bachelor's degree from Westwood and I cannot transfer it anywhere. I decided to switch careers, which should have been an easy... Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:08:13 GMT StudentsReview 1843-95103 1843-95103 1843 14 Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative I have had so much frustration trying to further my education. I earned a Bachelor's degree from Westwood and I cannot transfer it anywhere. I decided to switch careers, which should have been an easy transition since I already have a bachelor's degree. However, it was not. I had to start all over again because of the school's accreditation. No other school would recognize this degree. they would not accept ANY credits at all. I had to start over from square one and take classes that I had already passed. It has been a long road and I am so frustrated. I am getting closer to my second degree, but I am mad that I had to pay so much money to go to school at Westwood and I am getting nothing out of it. Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:08:13 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/WCOT_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about WCDN for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/WCOT_comments.html Institution of higher learning my A$$. I am at my wit's end with this degree mill. They lied to me in every way, shape and form. Ben my admission counselor (Salesman) stated credits would be transfe... Fri, 14 Oct 2011 05:01:18 GMT StudentsReview 1843-81884 1843-81884 1843 12 Computer Science Male Undergraduate Class 2009 3rd Year Negative Institution of higher learning my A$$.
I am at my wit's end with this degree mill. They lied to me in every way, shape and form. Ben my admission counselor (Salesman) stated credits would be transferable, now they post on the website they are not transferable. Degree can be used to obtain a better position or higher paying job. Now they state is only gives you the tools to succeed..lies, lies, lies...

Even the Dean, School of Technology of WOL who I met lies to me about future accreditation. Where does it end?
Westwood has voluntarily dropped from Regional Candidacy. As I work a second job (nights and weekends) trying to pay for this now $80,000 education that is worthless, trying to stay afloat of this financial h**l that this college create, my anger grows. So what did I learn that cost me $80,000 and nothing but grief, financial insecurity and embarrassment? That For-Profit schools like Westwood are out to make money off the backs of those who want to succeed and have dreams by lying and making false promises. They are in it only for the money and will not supply you with an education that will allow you to enter the job market. You will be placed so far into debt that no matter what job you apply for, you will not be able to realistically pay it off timely and if you do get a degree from them, it is better used as toilet paper.

I was duped and feel like I?ve been made a fool by attending this joke of a college. Yes, I am trying to pay off this bogus debt. I have been in the IT business for over 20 years, hold certifications in Cisco, Microsoft and database administration, all obtained prior to Westwood. Here's how great they are, of those that graduated from Westwood with me, here is a list of their current positions as of today: Manager KFC, Walmart Clerk, Homeless and Unemployed, Clerk 7-11, Student (went to a real college to start over)

Now the have a placement guarantee that is really not a guarantee. See the other posts to see how it works. It's your money that they are giving back to you if they cannot help you find a job. You are still paying for it and once the six months are up, you are still saddled with outrageous school loans.

No one who graduated with me was able to work in their field of study and failed to keep their promise of job assistance. Westwood college (joke) needs to be shut down.

Westwood ruined my credit, finances and future dreams.

I am amazed at the amount of fraud,deceit and lies from this degree mill. Online research has provided me with some interesting information.

On 04/20/2011 the BBB accreditation wassuspended due to recent government action concerning the marketplaceand its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of thecompany to support the principles and purposes of BBB accreditation. The matter will be reviewed by the BBB's Board of Directors at its next meeting.

On December 14, 2010 the Colorado Commission of Higher Education (CCHE) changed Westwood College's status from Full Authorization to Probationary Authorization due to it's probation order from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.

The Department of Veterans Affairs has pulled GI Bill funding from all three Texas campuses of a for-profit college accused of misleading advertising and enrollment practices.

At the December 2, 2010 regular CCHE meeting, Commissioners voted to defer action for Westwood College until staff had received notification from the Accrediting Commission for Career Colleges and Schools. Department staff received a "Continued Probation Order" from the ACCSC on December 9,
2010. The ACCSC reviewed the September 1, 2010 Probation Order and the school's response to that action at its November 2010 meeting. It was determined that the school has not demonstrated compliance with the ACCSC's requirements relative to student achievement outcomes.

Additionally, Westwood College was requested to provide information with regard to compliance to several and various state agencies and other accreditors given the allegations of the Government Accountability Office August 4, 2010 report.

On April 6, 2009 the United States of America (on behalf of the United States Board of Education) filed an Amended Complaint in the United State District Court of the Northern District of Texas. Charges filed indicate the business was in violation of state law prohibiting a failure to comply with Statutory and Regulatory Requirements for Proprietary School Operations. Particularly, some charges related to unethical and/or misleading recruitment practices, failure to report unsatisfactory job placement rates for graduates, and/or failure to properly register school representatives. The matter was resolved by a settlement in March 2009.

In 2009, Westwood's parent company, Alta Colleges Inc., of Denver, agreed to pay the U.S. government $7 million to settle a lawsuit accusing the Texas campuses of submitting falsified federal student aid forms.

Wow....and they have the nerve to tell me they are transparent?
Fri, 14 Oct 2011 05:01:18 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/WCOT_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about WCDN for Computer Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/WCOT_comments.html Like most on here, I too was gullible enough to apply to this fake college. After searching around, hoping to get into a bachelor?s program where I could move into management, I was contacted by a Wes... Thu, 12 May 2011 04:17:14 GMT StudentsReview 1843-77147 1843-77147 1843 12 Computer Science Female Undergraduate Class 2009 3rd Year Negative Like most on here, I too was gullible enough to apply to this fake college. After searching around, hoping to get into a bachelor?s program where I could move into management, I was contacted by a Westwood representative by the name of Ben who told me nothing but lies and mislead me during the application process. Yes, at the time, they were seeking Regional Accreditation. They had their ACICS accreditation but I was told by the recruiter that they were way past the point of candidacy and it would be only a short time before they were Regionally accredited. False promises, lies about their accreditation and several years later, I graduated. Took my degree to my current employer and after HR review, they explained to me since they do not have Regional accreditation, I was out of luck and could not be considered for management. My employer would not even allow me to apply for educationally assistance or reimbursement because this ?college? was not a valid institution.

So I tried taking my transcript to 3 local community colleges and was told the credits are non transferable. Went to 2 local ?for-profit? schools with ACICS accreditation as well and was also denied. Tried using this fake degree to apply for several positions with SCE, IBM, Oracle, Wells Fargo, and a hand full of respectable and known IT companies. Received nice thank you letters but was told that I did not meet the minimum educational requirements by two potential employers because this ?college? did not meet their criteria as an educational institution. Yet, I did meet the experience portion of several but because of my lack of an actual degree, was denied an interview.

So now, several years down the road I see that Westwood has voluntarily dropped from Regional Candidacy. As I work a second job (nights and weekends) trying to pay for this $50,000+ education that is worthless, trying to stay afloat of this financial hell that this college create, my anger grows. So what did I learn that cost me $50,000 and nothing but grief, financial insecurity and embarrassment? That For-Profit schools like Westwood are out to make money off the backs of those who want to succeed and have dreams by lying and making false promises. They are in it only for the money and will not supply you with an education that will allow you to enter the job market. You will be placed so far into debt that no matter what job you apply for, you will not be able to realistically pay it off timely and if you do get a degree from them, it is better used as toilet paper.

I was duped and feel like I?ve been made a fool by attending this joke of a college. Yes, I am trying to pay off this bogus debt. I have been in the IT business for over 20 years, hold certifications in Cisco, Microsoft and database administration, all obtained prior to Westwood. Some people have hobbies, collecting coins, boating, needle-point. Starting today, my hobby will be to go online at least once a week, visit as many websites as I can and spread the word on what this school did to me, financially and emotionally, and of those that graduated from Westwood with me that I am still in contact with, here is a list of their current positions as of today: Manager KFC, Walmart Clerk, Homeless and Unemployed, Clerk 7-11, Student (went to a real college to start over)

Thu, 12 May 2011 04:17:14 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/WCOT_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about WCDN for School of Informationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/WCOT_comments.html been in this school for almost 3 years. im about to graduate and I strongly feel that i was fed a bunch of lies when i started. some of the teachers are cool the rest are a joke, a complete waste of y... Wed, 21 Jul 2010 02:50:24 GMT StudentsReview 1843-69670 1843-69670 1843 62 School of Information Male Undergraduate Class 2010 2nd Year Neutral been in this school for almost 3 years. im about to graduate and I strongly feel that i was fed a bunch of lies when i started. some of the teachers are cool the rest are a joke, a complete waste of your money. i now regret not going to a community college where i would've saved money, learned more and probably had gotten a better degree than this "nationally" acredited peace of shit diploma im about to get. Wed, 21 Jul 2010 02:50:24 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/WCOT_comments.html