StudentsReview - Southeastern University - Life at Southeastern Copyright 2020 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/SU_comments.html Life at Southeastern - Comments en StudentsReview: Advice Review about Southeastern for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/DC/SU_comments.html I had a great experience at Southeastern University, but I have some advice for newcomers. Positives: 1. The academics are not as bad as some of the reviews have said. I was a business student a... Sun, 06 Apr 2014 01:18:05 GMT StudentsReview 1890-105226 1890-105226 1890 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2014 4th Year Advice I had a great experience at Southeastern University, but I have some advice for newcomers.

Positives:

1. The academics are not as bad as some of the reviews have said. I was a business student and found a lot of my classes to be quite challenging. I put a lot of work into my major courses and found them very beneficial when I started my full-time job after college.

2. The teachers really care about you and want you to succeed. They will go above and beyond to help you find internships/jobs/experience. All of my teachers knew my name and were always so encouraging.

3. The campus is absolutely beautiful- the dorms are newly renovated and spacious. If you are a freshman, Bethany or Baur is the place to be (you will meet a lot of people and feel connected through your dorm).

4. Tampa and Orlando are just an hour away, there is SO much to do in the surrounding cities!

Negatives:

1. Some areas of the campus are really hard to get involved in unless you are exceptionally good in that area (worship team, music, theatre, film).

2. The finances are pretty high. A lot of times students come in with lots of funds for their freshman year (grants, scholarships, etc...) and then lose them for the remaining years. It is pretty pricy for out of state students.

3. You can't live off campus until you are 22.

4. Lakeland has a very high crime rate. Southeastern in itself is very safe, but I would not go walking alone in the surrounding areas.
Sun, 06 Apr 2014 01:18:05 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/SU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Southeastern for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/DC/SU_comments.html I greatly enjoyed my time at SEU. I transferred there after my sophomore year and the transition went very well. The business department had some amazing professors that really help me to build the sk... Sun, 03 Nov 2013 12:45:42 GMT StudentsReview 1890-96840 1890-96840 1890 1 Accounting Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Positive I greatly enjoyed my time at SEU. I transferred there after my sophomore year and the transition went very well. The business department had some amazing professors that really help me to build the skills I needed once I graduated. I was also able to become involved with organizations on campus that also helped me build my skills, specifically public speaking and communication skills, which are essential to my current job. I would strongly recommend getting involved in groups and organizations outside of class. This is where I really built some great relationships and build on the skills I was learning in class.

I would highly recommend Southeastern. I built great relationships and a strong education. I also loved going to a Christian university where everyone wasn't drinking and partying all the time. The campus is also beautiful with lots of places to just sit outside and study and enjoy the beautiful Florida weather.
Sun, 03 Nov 2013 12:45:42 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/SU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about Southeastern for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/DC/SU_comments.html You really dont have to do much to be accepted just write an essay ... and pay that $200 confirmation and your basically in there. Honestly SEU is nothing like I expected though they are very liberal ... Thu, 24 May 2012 06:27:53 GMT StudentsReview 1890-87514 1890-87514 1890 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 2015 1st Year Advice You really dont have to do much to be accepted just write an essay ... and pay that $200 confirmation and your basically in there. Honestly SEU is nothing like I expected though they are very liberal and compromising in their views. i mean they sang Adele in the middle of pray and worship this semester i was like uhmm ok? im not saying that as christians we cant listen to adele but what im saying is there is a time and place. they do those sorts of things often though at SEU play secular music at school functions that have a completely opposite message from what they are suppose to enforcing. it just leaves a lot of students confused and blurs the lines of how we are suppose to be seperate from the world. They played JayZ "New York" at Mr SEU this year i mean i like Jay Z but doesnt he say "Jesus Christ cant save you" right in the song? smhh, its ALL about money at SEU im telling you they compromise to the fullest to get students to come so they can get that money.Not to mention the campus is sooo boring when you come to preview days they have all these events and stuff going on child please dont be fooled on the day to day its so boring. Lakeland itsself is boring its just ... not my type of school. i think its really sad how they fool you during preview days though. but like with most things its really what you make it i suppose just get involved because if you dont you will hate it. oh yea ... the school is very very very very expensive and they will charge you a fee for ANYTHING!! Thu, 24 May 2012 06:27:53 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/SU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Southeastern for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/DC/SU_comments.html well, let me start by saying i thought by going to a christian school, ill be challenge in meeting and sharing christian fellowship, but guess what i was wrong, at the beginning they were super friend... Fri, 15 Apr 2011 06:24:30 GMT StudentsReview 1890-76386 1890-76386 1890 0 Unknown Female Undergraduate Class 2011 1st Year Negative well, let me start by saying i thought by going to a christian school, ill be challenge in meeting and sharing christian fellowship, but guess what i was wrong, at the beginning they were super friendly, but when i started it disagreeing with them, oh boy what a problem , they were the most fake ,people i ever met in the whole earth the faculty staff is a mess, plus the school is way too expensive ...i would not recommend this university, check student reviews before you go to SEU , dont let the gorgeous campus fool you!!!!!!!=( Fri, 15 Apr 2011 06:24:30 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/SU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Southeastern for History/Histories (art history/etc.)http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/SU_comments.html I transferred from a community college that was better organized and knowledgable in students' course needs. My degree was extended for an entire year because between all 3 counselors that I had durin... Tue, 25 May 2010 06:17:02 GMT StudentsReview 1890-68347 1890-68347 1890 41 History/Histories (art history/etc.) Female Undergraduate Class 2006 3rd Year Negative I transferred from a community college that was better organized and knowledgable in students' course needs. My degree was extended for an entire year because between all 3 counselors that I had during my enrollment, no one seemed to catch that my degree required an intermediate language.
The cost is far too high for the academic nature of this school. It wasn't challenging whatsoever. The good professors are no longer there. The chapels were great but not enough seating. The food plan was outrageously expensive and I wasn't able to opt out. After just one year I am now owing Sallie Mae $26,000. Luckily, I had all my other tuition paid for before graduating. Would not recommend this school until serious changes are made with how they treat students who are short on loans and also the chaos in the Registrar's office.
Tue, 25 May 2010 06:17:02 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/SU_comments.html