StudentsReview - Full Sail University - Life at FSRWEhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html Life at FSRWE - Comments en StudentsReview: Advice Review about FSRWE for Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etchttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html I think that because Full Sail is still a young school, they don't really have it together yet. They just built dormitories. They are located in Florida, there are no campus dormitories but they don't... Fri, 12 Sep 2014 02:34:25 GMT StudentsReview 1915-128953 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1915-128953 1915 18 Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc Female Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Advice I think that because Full Sail is still a young school, they don't really have it together yet. They just built dormitories. They are located in Florida, there are no campus dormitories but they don't have a shuttle service for students to get to and from school when it rains. I live half a mile away from the school in an apartment and because I can't afford a car I have to walk. I don't mind walking but when it rains, the heavy Florida rain, my umbrella is useless and I have to go to class soaked. I've ruined quite a few pairs of shoes because of the monsoons that pop up.

The school also encourages networking but they don't have any facilities in place to make it happen. There is no cooperative learning. If we want to have a finished project, then we have to pay for it and do it ourselves.

You will also have to deal with people that you just don't like. There will be people that you know shouldn't be there but you have to suck it up and power through. You will also have to deal with people talking to you about opportunities to work with them or for them so if you are not a people person, I suggest in investing in headphones.

Full Sail has it's problems and I feel that they'll get solved with time but it is a good school and you will learn a lot.
Fri, 12 Sep 2014 02:34:25 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about FSRWE for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html I'm not finished with my game design course, but I'm currently shopping for a transfer. I'm not expecting much to come of that. However, I find it intriguing that the school can so masterfully create ... Sat, 19 Jul 2014 04:11:26 GMT StudentsReview 1915-114149 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1915-114149 1915 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Neutral I'm not finished with my game design course, but I'm currently shopping for a transfer. I'm not expecting much to come of that. However, I find it intriguing that the school can so masterfully create a marketing plan that catches so many people, and yet can't challenge it's students. I find this disheartening.

I've been at Full Sail for 3 academic years now. So, two real years. And from what I've gathered, this is not a college level class. A lot of my course work doesn't even check spelling or grammar. And they even mention that in the PDF. And the students will often say "Well, the teacher said it to do this way", while I'm pulling my hair out and trying not to scream in frustration! College is the time to make mistakes, and I feel I made a fairly large mistake in even choosing this one in particular. Only a $25,000 mistake...
Sat, 19 Jul 2014 04:11:26 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about FSRWE for Art & Design Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html Absolutely terrible. Even the people that write positive reviews about Half Sail would agree with the idea of attending an accredited university with a similar program for a fraction of the cost. Th... Wed, 02 Jul 2014 02:56:00 GMT StudentsReview 1915-112768 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1915-112768 1915 60 Art & Design Department Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative Absolutely terrible. Even the people that write positive reviews about Half Sail would agree with the idea of attending an accredited university with a similar program for a fraction of the cost. The teachers are mostly half wits or recent graduates. Waste of time and a ton of money. Wed, 02 Jul 2014 02:56:00 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about FSRWE for Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etchttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html This university offers the opportunity to get your degree very fast. You can do 4 years in 27 months. The homework was fair, and I like the online program. But I hit the wall when I needed help from... Mon, 30 Jun 2014 04:19:27 GMT StudentsReview 1915-112492 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1915-112492 1915 14 Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc Female Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Advice This university offers the opportunity to get your degree very fast. You can do 4 years in 27 months.
The homework was fair, and I like the online program. But I hit the wall when I needed help from the instructors and the administrative staff. They are useless.
when finally one instructor returned my call because I was having problems with an assignment, her advice was to go to watch youtube. She didn't offer any other way to help me, just go and try to find about the subject on youtube.
Another instructor did never ever return my emails or phone calls.
And the administrative staff are even worse.
Good luck if you're going to study here. Hopefully you will never need any help, because if you do, you will fail.
Mon, 30 Jun 2014 04:19:27 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about FSRWE for Engineering Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html After being an alumni of Full Sail for 5 years now I am embarrassed I spent money to go to such a lie of a school. Satisfaction certainly not guaranteed for they would not be running! They tell you ho... Sat, 19 Apr 2014 10:02:46 GMT StudentsReview 1915-106175 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1915-106175 1915 61 Engineering Department Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative After being an alumni of Full Sail for 5 years now I am embarrassed I spent money to go to such a lie of a school. Satisfaction certainly not guaranteed for they would not be running! They tell you how wonderful their career development dept is....I'm here to tell you it's a lie. I've given them time after time AFTER time to redeem themselves and they are the worst of the worst CD dept. I have worked with 4 different "advisors" (who probably just graduated FS themselves and couldn't find a job either) and they are just clueless. When you are headed into a very difficult industry like audio engineering you go to a school like FS for the thought that the CD dept will help at the end. They claim they have reps at all the big companies who will just slide your resume in...maybe the reps are the janitors at these companies. Instead they send you leads for jobs like food and beverage coordinator, because it's at a festival......hello my degree that I graduated with from your school is Audio Engineering!?! After I was moving to a new city and told the HEAD of the alumni portion of CD I wanted them to pass my resume along on at 3 companies, the response I got was "Sorry we don't have reps there". I have had two internships at studios that I got myself, I work numerous freelance audio jobs I got myself and I will certainly NOT tell them so they can try to take credit. Sat, 19 Apr 2014 10:02:46 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html