StudentsReview - Full Sail University - Life at FSRWEhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html Life at FSRWE - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about FSRWE for Engineering Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html After being an alumni of Full Sail for 5 years now I am embarrassed I spent money to go to such a lie of a school. Satisfaction certainly not guaranteed for they would not be running! They tell you ho... Sat, 19 Apr 2014 10:02:46 GMT StudentsReview 1915-106175 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1915-106175 1915 61 Engineering Department Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative After being an alumni of Full Sail for 5 years now I am embarrassed I spent money to go to such a lie of a school. Satisfaction certainly not guaranteed for they would not be running! They tell you how wonderful their career development dept is....I'm here to tell you it's a lie. I've given them time after time AFTER time to redeem themselves and they are the worst of the worst CD dept. I have worked with 4 different "advisors" (who probably just graduated FS themselves and couldn't find a job either) and they are just clueless. When you are headed into a very difficult industry like audio engineering you go to a school like FS for the thought that the CD dept will help at the end. They claim they have reps at all the big companies who will just slide your resume in...maybe the reps are the janitors at these companies. Instead they send you leads for jobs like food and beverage coordinator, because it's at a festival......hello my degree that I graduated with from your school is Audio Engineering!?! After I was moving to a new city and told the HEAD of the alumni portion of CD I wanted them to pass my resume along on at 3 companies, the response I got was "Sorry we don't have reps there". I have had two internships at studios that I got myself, I work numerous freelance audio jobs I got myself and I will certainly NOT tell them so they can try to take credit. Sat, 19 Apr 2014 10:02:46 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about FSRWE for Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etchttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html Full Sail can sometimes aptly be described as Full Sale.They spend so much money on propaganda and enticing students. The quality of the education is sometimes very high, and sometimes... very low. Fr... Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:57:09 GMT StudentsReview 1915-103294 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1915-103294 1915 14 Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc Male Undergraduate Class 2010 1st Year Negative Full Sail can sometimes aptly be described as Full Sale.They spend so much money on propaganda and enticing students. The quality of the education is sometimes very high, and sometimes... very low. Frankly, with only one month, you don't get the chance to truly master a subject. The problem with this, is that you become a jack of all trades, but truly a master of none. Your portfolio is your only saving grace. The problem with this is, that the school does not teach art, but rather teaches as a technician would. Press this button for this effect. The 3d modeling program is much more artistic, but is less design oriented. It is a shame, that you can learn so VERY much about these programs, but still come out a talentless hack. Sleep depreviation is also the cornerstone of this school, and if you love debt... My are you prepared. Don't go here unless you're paying cash!

I was hit by a car outside of UCF. I had to go to therapy to even move my arm. This conflicted with my school, and they didn't care. My tuition and loans ran out, and that was it. They kicked me out because I had no more funding and I was unable to get a halt to classes because I couldn't even pay rent.

I'm now a soldier, and I pay almost $800 a month on my loans still.
Do I regret the education. No. Do I regret the school. Yes.

One VERY common thing you will hear here, is that you can get this exact education from books. Go invest in Lynda.com or Safari books online, and you will get JUST as good of an education. For learning art and design though, you're on your own.
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:57:09 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about FSRWE for Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etchttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html I was in the digital arts program and graduated in 09. I was thrown into the working world at 19 with the only job experience working parttime at a restauarnt in high school. i took shit jobs for a ... Tue, 31 Dec 2013 01:41:22 GMT StudentsReview 1915-99442 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1915-99442 1915 14 Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive I was in the digital arts program and graduated in 09. I was thrown into the working world at 19 with the only job experience working parttime at a restauarnt in high school. i took shit jobs for a few years like shooting weddings and lame corporate videos, but it was money and experience. dont expect to land an awesome job right out of school. Employers are looking for an experienced professional, and it takes a while to get to that point. Im now working at a well known boutique studio doing what i love and making a good middle class salary at 24 years old. Full Sail was a great platform for me to grow on, and i dont know if id be where i am now without it. that being said, it is pretty expensive. I was fortunate enough to have family pay for my tuition, and if not i would have been overwhelmed with paying it back my first couple years. its not the school for everybody, and dont expect a glamorous job right after graduation. hard work and experience will benefit you more than any school. Tue, 31 Dec 2013 01:41:22 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about FSRWE for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html *DISCLAIMER: I am speaking in reference to Full Sail's business degree dept. ONLY, the film program here is great and the recording/production side isn't too shabby either, but anyone looking into the... Sun, 15 Dec 2013 11:16:16 GMT StudentsReview 1915-98497 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1915-98497 1915 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Negative *DISCLAIMER: I am speaking in reference to Full Sail's business degree dept. ONLY, the film program here is great and the recording/production side isn't too shabby either, but anyone looking into the business side of the entertainment industry should RUN AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL!!!*
Full Sail is a business before a university, plain and simple. I am two months away from graduating with my BS in music business and I feel that my experience here has been just that, BS. All of the classes are way too easy... Like STUPID easy. I am amazed at the number of people who drop out; not the ones who are smart enough to transfer to a REAL school before they have wasted too much time/money here (kudos to them), but the morons who actually FAIL so many times that they give up. I maintain a very active social life, show up to almost all of my morning classes hungover from the night before, sleep through lectures, give a maximum of about 10% effort, and procrastinate on every single project, yet I STILL manage to maintain a 3.7GPA... HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?! This place is an absolute JOKE. I am $108k in debt, even though I only took out loans for my first year here, and I am going to have to get ANOTHER bachelors degree from a REAL university before I can even think about applying to graduate/law schools because EVERY industry professional I come into contact with (that doesn't have some kind of financial ties to Full Sail) chuckles at the fact that I expect a halfway decent pay-grade after graduation... AWESOME. I wish I wasn't in a constant drunken stupor for the first eight months that I was here, otherwise I would've realized what a MASSIVE waste of time and money this place is and gotten out of this awful town... Seriously, on top of Full Sail being the very definition of absurd, Orlando is one of the least desirable places on the entire planet. I have become accustomed to calling it 'the armpit of the earth', and nobody here has tried to correct me yet. Here's some advice: if you want to be mediocre in all aspects of life (education (ha), income, social standing, etc.), then apply to Full Sail. Correction, give Full Sail permission to rob you blind in exchange for a third-rate 'education', because they will accept any idiot who is capable of signing on the dotted line, but if you want to be successful or actually learn something then look elsewhere, this is not the place for you.
The student body passes around random memes/jokes about Full Sail in an attempt to brighten up our long, miserable days here, and the saddest one also happens to be the most truthful: "Full Sail, where dreams go to die..."
Sun, 15 Dec 2013 11:16:16 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about FSRWE for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html This is a university, not a high school. The professor are not here to hold your hand and make sure you are doing your work. If you don't understand something, ask. They professors, all that I have ha... Wed, 27 Nov 2013 01:44:31 GMT StudentsReview 1915-97558 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 1915-97558 1915 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Advice This is a university, not a high school. The professor are not here to hold your hand and make sure you are doing your work. If you don't understand something, ask. They professors, all that I have had, are more than willing to take the extra time to make sure you understand your assignments, but you have to go to them. The professors are extremely knowledgable in their fields. They are required to have a minimum of 10 years real world experience in order to teach at Full Sail. They are eager to help you succeed. Pick their brains, use them as resources, references, etc. That's what they are there for. Wed, 27 Nov 2013 01:44:31 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSRWE_comments.html