StudentsReview - The University of California Santa Barbara - Life at UCSBhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/UCSB_comments.html Life at UCSB - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about UCSB for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/UCSB_comments.html UCSB combines all of the best elements of college. It's an excellent research university with dedicated faculty, and was ranked #2 research university in the world last year. Despite it being consider... Wed, 29 Jan 2014 11:49:23 GMT StudentsReview 204-100827 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 204-100827 204 58 Political Science Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive UCSB combines all of the best elements of college. It's an excellent research university with dedicated faculty, and was ranked #2 research university in the world last year. Despite it being considered a public ivy, the students help each other out and aren't cut-throat competitive like some students at other schools are. It's a friendly and open-minded learning space. While UCSB tops many lists as a "party school", the parties and fun atmosphere are only one aspect of a very multidimensional college. It's not difficult to enjoy yourself and have fun here, but there are many options to spend your free time, if partying isn't your thing. The location is beautiful, and at any point on campus, you're always a just walk away from the beach. IV is it's own little world and is a great beach town, in addition, Santa Barbara and State Street have basically everything. UCSB is a welcoming university, with great quality education, a lot of fun, and facilitates the ideal college experience for various types of students. Wed, 29 Jan 2014 11:49:23 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/UCSB_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about UCSB for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/UCSB_comments.html I am from California, love to party and thought SB was the idea school for me. I heard so many good things about the school and dreamed about going there for years. After visiting, I was really unimpr... Sat, 09 Nov 2013 12:54:26 GMT StudentsReview 204-96959 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 204-96959 204 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Neutral I am from California, love to party and thought SB was the idea school for me. I heard so many good things about the school and dreamed about going there for years. After visiting, I was really unimpressed. It is located in a very secluded area and I met many students who didn't seem very motivated. The students (of course not all) and area seem very..dirty. It really takes away from fun when partying is all you do. The party scene is overrated as well because I have been to more prestigious schools with better parties, it's just that it's not the only thing they do. Sat, 09 Nov 2013 12:54:26 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/UCSB_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about UCSB for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/UCSB_comments.html Me a buy drinks Got money ina di pocket and my girl Gwan whine girl turn me on She look me me look an up girl me love the way you are styling Hot and sexy you just can't hide it Wanna do this ev... Mon, 26 Aug 2013 03:34:34 GMT StudentsReview 204-95509 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 204-95509 204 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Positive Me a buy drinks
Got money ina di pocket and my girl
Gwan whine girl turn me on
She look me me look an up
girl me love the way you are styling
Hot and sexy you just can't hide it
Wanna do this every day, let the music play

Me girl call me
Me know dat she wants me
me a me friends tonight
joggling niceselecta

Cause we gonna party, party yeah

Don't me all get morning
pick me upreach full speed
Then mi call them me tell them tonight
Me a buy drinks
Got money ina di pocket and my girl
Gwan whine girl turn me on
She look me me look an up
girl me love the way you are styling
Hot and sexy you just can't hide it
Wanna do this every day, let the music play

Cause we gonna party, party yeah

Just kidding. UCSB actually isn't the best party school due to the cops.
Mon, 26 Aug 2013 03:34:34 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/UCSB_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about UCSB for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/UCSB_comments.html Office of the University Registrar office system is not on one system for billing, grades, and financial aid and class schedules. Also all forms are in paper format. Feel the system is out of date and... Sun, 03 Mar 2013 09:50:03 GMT StudentsReview 204-92357 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 204-92357 204 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Negative Office of the University Registrar office system is not on one system for billing, grades, and financial aid and class schedules. Also all forms are in paper format. Feel the system is out of date and the people that handle the paper work don't know information and give you the run around. A real lack of I care altitude from the back office of the Registrar. Sun, 03 Mar 2013 09:50:03 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/UCSB_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about UCSB for History/Histories (art history/etc.)http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/UCSB_comments.html Let me begin by saying that I am not a stereotypical UCSB girl. I am not blonde, I do not surf, and I do not party (often). However, I made it work for me. I am a native of Santa Barbara, and origi... Sun, 03 Jun 2012 11:05:24 GMT StudentsReview 204-87694 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 204-87694 204 41 History/Histories (art history/etc.) Female Undergraduate Class 2010 3rd Year Positive Let me begin by saying that I am not a stereotypical UCSB girl. I am not blonde, I do not surf, and I do not party (often). However, I made it work for me.

I am a native of Santa Barbara, and originally entertained dreams of attending a more prestigious school than the local mess I grew up knowing only for its headlines about how crazy Halloween was etc.

Having to attend ucsb was initially one of the most devastating times of my life, since I sincerely believed I deserved better, especially as I didn't immediately click with people in the dorms and was concerned about my social life for the next four years. However, I found ways to take advantage of everything sb had to offer - I spent a year studying abroad through the pan UC Education Abroad Program (imagine the resources of all 11 UC campuses thrown into one fabulous program), then came back and did the UCDC program (also pan-UC), spending a quarter in Washington DC doing a prestigious internship that continues to set my resume apart to this day.

I had some absolutely amazing, and some not so amazing professors, but With the exception of a few introductory courses, I found the diversity of classes offered and availability within the history department to offset any initial negative perceptions. I came in with a lot of ap credits, and had a really early pass time (so I got really early pick of my classes), and I managed to graduate a year early. However throughout my time at UCSB, I dabbled in all sorts of extracurriculars and classes, and experienced all sorts of successes.

I switched up my housing arrangments for the time I was actually physically present in campus (not long lol), from the dorms, living in iv, to commuting from home, and feel that I sincerely got all sb had to offer.
Sun, 03 Jun 2012 11:05:24 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/UCSB_comments.html