StudentsReview - The University of Southern California - Life at USC Copyright 2021 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/USC_comments.html Life at USC - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about USC for Englishhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/USC_comments.html Loved attending USC. I don?t regret it a bit.... Fri, 21 Jun 2019 01:35:01 GMT StudentsReview 216-185244 216-185244 216 17 English Female Undergraduate Class 2016 4th Year Positive Loved attending USC. I don?t regret it a bit. Fri, 21 Jun 2019 01:35:01 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/USC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about USC for Englishhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/USC_comments.html USC is completely overpriced and with the recent college scandal, we come to understand your best bet for entry is to have rich celebrity parents who can pay off the right admins to get you in. I did ... Fri, 15 Mar 2019 12:14:14 GMT StudentsReview 216-184372 216-184372 216 17 English Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Negative USC is completely overpriced and with the recent college scandal, we come to understand your best bet for entry is to have rich celebrity parents who can pay off the right admins to get you in. I did it the wrong way, with my grades...how stupid of me.

If you ever happen to get in trouble with administrators at USC just make sure your parents contribute to a building fund and you're fine. (I know this to be true since it happened to my roommate at USC). Literally, the most corrupt money grubbing university out there.
Fri, 15 Mar 2019 12:14:14 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/USC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about USC for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/USC_comments.html Bad experience-overpriced and didn't provide enough experience and knowledge. This was seen through rejection from internships and my resume turned down after graduation. Career has been a downward sp... Thu, 13 Sep 2018 12:31:22 GMT StudentsReview 216-183638 216-183638 216 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2009 4th Year Positive Bad experience-overpriced and didn't provide enough experience and knowledge. This was seen through rejection from internships and my resume turned down after graduation. Career has been a downward spiral and not enough positivity from undergraduate years. Thu, 13 Sep 2018 12:31:22 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/USC_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about USC for Electrical Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/USC_comments.html Overall SC has both challenging academics and a vibrant social life, which can be deceitful in the first semester. You definitely need to learn to manage your time if you want to succeed in academics ... Mon, 24 Oct 2016 04:03:24 GMT StudentsReview 216-176404 216-176404 216 16 Electrical Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 1920 2nd Year Advice Overall SC has both challenging academics and a vibrant social life, which can be deceitful in the first semester. You definitely need to learn to manage your time if you want to succeed in academics and enjoy yourself on the weekend. Mon, 24 Oct 2016 04:03:24 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/USC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about USC for Neuroscience/Cognitive Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/CA/USC_comments.html I'm picking this as negative only because of my personal opinion, however I know many people that like this university. I want to give you a level-headed answer to what I really think about USC. I tho... Sun, 24 Apr 2016 05:59:33 GMT StudentsReview 216-173364 216-173364 216 69 Neuroscience/Cognitive Science Female Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative I'm picking this as negative only because of my personal opinion, however I know many people that like this university. I want to give you a level-headed answer to what I really think about USC. I thought this school was going to be extremely intellectually stimulating with an amazing student body that would be welcoming and approachable. WRONG. Most people here have more money than you can possibly imagine, seriously it's kind of crazy, and will think of you differently if you don't do the same things they do (go to Vegas to party, have fancy cars, and other exclusive perks). The extracurricular atmosphere is so cliquey and impossible to become a part of because you have to interview/compete for every club under the sun, except for some volunteering opportunities, but even some of those can be difficult to join. The Greek Life here chokes the campus, especially if you're a freshman, because so many people join a frat/sorority and never talk to the people in their building. That's of course my personal experience, but if you're into the whole "I'm only going to hang out with my brothers/sisters in the House" culture then maybe this place is for you.

I'm truly shocked by the competitiveness of this university, in a bad way mind you. People don't want to help you study and want others to do poorly so that the curve can be more in their favor, this of course comes from my personal experience in the sciences. I have friends in business and cinema and they argue that their professors and classmates are extremely helpful, so if you're interested in the sciences don't come here, basically my strongest and most direct opinion on here.

If you're looking for a school with a truly tight-knit community outside of Greek Life, I wouldn't come here. I thought that this would be a university that wasn't ruled by Greek Life and I thought that all the pamphlets about USC were right. DON'T BELIEVE THE LETTERS/POSTERS/PAMPHLETS it's all a trap and a game to get you to come here. This place is run like a business, all the university cares about is fundraising for new buildings. They preach the need for more diversity and then they rack up the tuition price to help support the amount of buildings they're erecting around campus (the Village is a prime example).

For the football culture, since I'm from the intense Midwest when it comes to college football, I just want to let you know that most people leave at half time. Yup this is not a lie. People leave because they just want to go back to the frat or wherever they were to get more drunk because they started sobering up. There's no love for football, there's just a love for alcohol. Which, don't get me wrong, is bad, but only when it poisons the atmosphere of the student section. Believe me, they throw t shirts that literally say "I stayed to the fourth quarter" for people that, obviously, stayed till the fourth quarter.

I'm transferring out of this place and I couldn't be more grateful. Don't get me wrong, many people really like this university. If you don't fit into the rich white culture, however, I would strongly suggest you don't come here. Also, if you're looking for people who are very approachable and friendly, I wouldn't come here either because I've had OTHERS talk to me about this and how they think that people at USC aren't keen on making new friends or getting out of their comfort zone. This place is only for people who fit, or don't mind, the stereotypical rich bitch life that only looks to advance oneself and doesn't care who he/she steps on or hurts in the process. Be cautious when choosing USC. I'm honestly just trying to help you not make a huge mistake and I have no specific animosity towards the university, but be assured that I am never coming back. My first instinct was to not come here and I should have listened.
Sun, 24 Apr 2016 05:59:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CA/USC_comments.html