StudentsReview - Colorado Christian University - Life at CCU Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/CCU_comments.html Life at CCU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about CCU for Criminalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/CCU_comments.html CCU is a complete joke! The school misleads students by situating themselves under "Christian" banner and reminding me again why so many disregard believers and think we are liars and hypocrites. The ... Sat, 06 Jun 2015 08:45:21 GMT StudentsReview 223-162119 223-162119 223 44 Criminal Female Undergraduate Class 2016 2nd Year Negative CCU is a complete joke! The school misleads students by situating themselves under "Christian" banner and reminding me again why so many disregard believers and think we are liars and hypocrites. The tuition isn't even close to worth what you get. The instruction online is completely non existent and the administrators don't care period. They don't want to be bothered with the students even though we fund their paychecks. Students do all the work (teach themselves and do assignments) and the majority of the instructors sit and do nothing. If you think this is teaching and getting a quality education, you are very mistaken. I would never ever recommend this "school" Sat, 06 Jun 2015 08:45:21 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/CCU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about CCU for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/CCU_comments.html First off, the coursework is really great. I am learning quite a bit through CCU. I am a Theology major, and our department is top-of-the-line. As it is a Christian University, there are standards and... Fri, 20 Feb 2015 12:23:58 GMT StudentsReview 223-157459 223-157459 223 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Positive First off, the coursework is really great. I am learning quite a bit through CCU. I am a Theology major, and our department is top-of-the-line. As it is a Christian University, there are standards and boundaries as to how far out one can believe theologically. But CCU works hard to include as many Christian beliefs as they believe they feasibly can. Non-Christians are allowed to attend as well. Professors are very friendly and approachable, and will bend over backwards to make sure you are able to excel in their courses. Every one of my professors knows me by name, and I feel free to ask them about anything that I don't understand. For the most part, I don't have the urge to sleep in class, because the information is interesting, and the professors are just plain fun to listen to. Also, everyone here is pretty friendly. I am not a socialite, but I haven't had trouble finding friends.

However, I would be remiss to not mention a couple of things that aren't so great. The food is for the most part, awful. Breakfast is pretty good, albeit unhealthy. I eat elsewhere as often as I can find an excuse to, and I am planning to learn to cook this summer so that I don't have to eat the food here. There are sometimes when the food is decent, but it is the exception not the rule.

Secondly, though this may just be the country mouse in me speaking, Denver SUCKS. The whole city is basically a dump. Sure, there are a few nice areas, but it is really hit and miss. CCU brags that they are 15 minutes from the mountains, but what they mean is the crappy little foothills that Denver likes to think of as mountains. To get to real mountains you have to drive another hour or two west. Believe me, as soon as I graduate, I will be driving my doors off to get out of Denver, and Colorado. Basically the whole state is dumpy little towns and dumpy big cities. Though I feel safe on campus night and day, I wouldn't go anywhere else alone at night walking, because it would creep me out.

The weather is also pretty hit and miss. Sometimes, we get seventy degree days, then the next day is a blizzard. But then it all melts the next day and then we repeat the process. I can usually plan on wearing a t-shirt and shorts most days, though. The hail is apparently pretty bad here. I'm praying that I make it through my four years without any hail damage to my vehicle.

The campus aesthetics are getting there. They are in the middle of a huge campus redevelopment, and the campus will be pretty nice after that, but right now there is a lot of construction, and there is machinery operating when I am trying to sleep. We do have apartment-style housing, which is VERY nice!

Just one more thing. It seems like there is a lot of pressure to find a significant other here. If I am simply spotted having an in-depth conversation with a girl, it is assumed that we are going to start dating. People don't accept that some people (like me) actually choose to be single and are happy with that. However, the girls are very nice here, and if you're into that kind of thing, you shouldn't have a problem finding a date. Plus the ratio is like three girls for every guy.

Please don't take this review as negative. I love CCU, and would never switch schools. There are just a few things you should consider before you go here. If you are wanting city life, Denver is not what you are wanting. As long as you are simply coming here for school, you'll be fine. Also, the mountains can be beautiful, you just have to be willing to drive a ways for them.

Hope this helps someone in their decision!
Fri, 20 Feb 2015 12:23:58 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/CCU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about CCU for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/CCU_comments.html I transfered out of CCU sophomore year. I could not take their abuse any longer. CCU is not accepting of the LGBT community or anyone else who does not fit their narrow-minded, bigoted mold. As a coll... Sun, 08 Feb 2015 11:29:12 GMT StudentsReview 223-157193 223-157193 223 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative I transfered out of CCU sophomore year. I could not take their abuse any longer. CCU is not accepting of the LGBT community or anyone else who does not fit their narrow-minded, bigoted mold. As a college freshman enrolling at CCU, they threw a bunch of paperwork at me that I had to sign, so I did, even though I didn't know what I was signing. I signed a lifestyle covenant that was restrictive in how I live my life. I signed some paper saying I agree with everything in the student handbook, including that boys dress like boys, girls dress like girls, liking people of the same sex is one of the worst possible sins, my peers are responsible for turning me in if I mess up, and much more. CCU is perfect for those who have been homeschooled/gone to private conservative "Christian" school their entire life and have no desire to experience the real world, and wish to continue to live in a narrow-minded bubble where everyone looks, talks, and believes the same things. I used to think CCU was the best school a huge loan could buy. Sure the community is great, until you remember that your roommate or classmate could turn you in at any second. CCU wants their students to fit inside of their narrow mold and anyone who doesn't fit is ostracized and told they are going to hell. Think twice--or maybe three times--before signing your life away to this institution. I wish I had. Sun, 08 Feb 2015 11:29:12 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/CCU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about CCU for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/CCU_comments.html I went to Colorado christian University because I saw the school it was pre-2006 pre Bill Armstrong. If you would like to know more about what happened in 2006 please do an internet search. CCU is pro... Mon, 17 Nov 2014 12:05:09 GMT StudentsReview 223-153624 223-153624 223 53 Other Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative I went to Colorado christian University because I saw the school it was pre-2006 pre Bill Armstrong. If you would like to know more about what happened in 2006 please do an internet search. CCU is probably the most republican college in the the nation, and this is constantly slammed down your throat. Actually, when I was there a speaker that was registered on Southern Poverty Law Center for her hateful right wing views. Also there are views that are academically unfounded are supported by the school, you can see this by simply reading the signs around campus. I wanted to love CCU, the community was awesome, but I fear that it's slowly getting destroyed and I'm honestly waiting and fearing the day it has accreditation troubles. Mon, 17 Nov 2014 12:05:09 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/CCU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about CCU for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/CCU_comments.html Enrolled in their CAGS program and figured the scheduling would work well with my busy life. Unfortunately, only a select few of the instructors are involved in the teaching process. It's tragic to pa... Fri, 08 Aug 2014 06:44:43 GMT StudentsReview 223-119409 223-119409 223 38 Psychology Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative Enrolled in their CAGS program and figured the scheduling would work well with my busy life. Unfortunately, only a select few of the instructors are involved in the teaching process. It's tragic to pay this amount for tuition to basically teach yourself everything. It's too bad that the school capitalizes on "Christianity" to lure in students because you feel like you are being robbed. The assignments are ridiculous at times and you wonder why you are doing them. I would never recommend this school to anyone! Save your money! Fri, 08 Aug 2014 06:44:43 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/CCU_comments.html