StudentsReview - The University of Colorado Boulder - Life at UCBhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/UCB_comments.html Life at UCB - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about UCB for Electrical Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/UCB_comments.html Great place to go to school. College is about more than just the education. It is a time to grow as a person. In my 3 years at CU so far I have grown so much as a person. My professors are great, and ... Tue, 27 May 2014 03:44:21 GMT StudentsReview 234-109548 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 234-109548 234 16 Electrical Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Positive Great place to go to school. College is about more than just the education. It is a time to grow as a person. In my 3 years at CU so far I have grown so much as a person. My professors are great, and there is no where in the world I would rather go to school. Tue, 27 May 2014 03:44:21 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/UCB_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about UCB for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/UCB_comments.html Grew up in Colorado, decided to go to the big state school but was INCREDIBLY disappointed. People have no interest to learn, classes are a waste of time and not challenging, and when you hear it's a... Thu, 10 Apr 2014 03:08:39 GMT StudentsReview 234-105812 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 234-105812 234 79 Finance Female Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Negative Grew up in Colorado, decided to go to the big state school but was INCREDIBLY disappointed. People have no interest to learn, classes are a waste of time and not challenging, and when you hear it's a party school realize that there are many ways to party. People blast dubstep, stand around, and don't do anything. There is no intellect among the students, and from my standards weak parties. I would not suggest going to CU Boulder if you want a quality educational experience and fun (I'm not 21 yet so the bars may be different) Thu, 10 Apr 2014 03:08:39 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/UCB_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about UCB for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/UCB_comments.html This is a weed out school that is weeding out working professionals more than anybody. The the majority of the students body has parents who pay for everything so that they don't have to work. While t... Fri, 04 Apr 2014 12:45:05 GMT StudentsReview 234-105163 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 234-105163 234 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Class 2018 3rd Year Negative This is a weed out school that is weeding out working professionals more than anybody. The the majority of the students body has parents who pay for everything so that they don't have to work. While that isn't necessarily a bad thing, that is the market which the university caters towards. As a manager of a local shop, I have found it to be very difficult to be a student at this university. They do not offer many night classes in the sciences forcing me to take day classes. However the required exams are in the evenings and not on a consistent schedule so it has been very difficult for me to make a work schedule which I can keep consistent, which ends up stressing out my employees.

When the floods happened, i got flooded out. The university said that they would extend the drop/add deadline for flood students to decide if they could continue in their courses. When i decided i couldn't and tried to drop they informed me that only the add deadline had been extended and then charged me full price for the classes which i could not take. the dean sent out a very derogatory message to some (but not all) of the flood students saying that if they dropped the university would loose too much money.

Overall the administration spends more time grubbing for money (in so many terrible ways like recruiting a demographic of international students who pay more and are more likely to drop out ect.) than they do giving teachers training or resources. as a result the education is a mixed bag. I have not had success with any online courses and actual classes are unreliable.

I will say though that every interaction I have had with the MCDB department has been amazing!
Fri, 04 Apr 2014 12:45:05 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/UCB_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about UCB for Kinesiologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/UCB_comments.html A lot of people see this University as a "party-school" and warn people not to go there unless you are a "party-goer." DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM! Just like anywhere you will go, a university is what you m... Mon, 31 Mar 2014 02:31:56 GMT StudentsReview 234-104953 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 234-104953 234 21 Kinesiology Female Undergraduate Class 2014 3rd Year Advice A lot of people see this University as a "party-school" and warn people not to go there unless you are a "party-goer." DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM! Just like anywhere you will go, a university is what you make of it. There are groups for EVERYONE here. From the partiers to the non-drinkers to Christian groups to tree-lovers to Hip Hop crews to the studiers to sorority girls to fraternity boys to pretty much anything that you would be interested in.

Now the campus is pretty big so you need to get involved. Get involved in campus groups, sororites, singing groups, club sports, or religious groups. The more you put into college the more you will get out of it. Get involved into more than 1! You will find every kind of person here which is awesome because it helps you to grow as a person.

The people here are welcoming. They are accepting of all because trust me you will see some pretty strange things. But I wouldn't change my 4 years here for anything! I am sad to be leaving!
Mon, 31 Mar 2014 02:31:56 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/UCB_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about UCB for Physicshttp://www.studentsreview.com/CO/UCB_comments.html University of Colorado physics program is at the upper echelon of rigor. It was not until the end of junior year that our friends and I were convinced we would survive the program. Just about every ... Mon, 01 Jul 2013 10:16:54 GMT StudentsReview 234-94620 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 234-94620 234 33 Physics Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive University of Colorado physics program is at the upper echelon of rigor. It was not until the end of junior year that our friends and I were convinced we would survive the program. Just about every professor is helpful, pedagogically capable, meaningful, and well regarded in their respective research. I also appreciated the intellectual atmosphere, research opportunities, and camaraderie developed in the program. When I studied there *three* physics Nobel prizes were won (Eric Cornell, Carl Weiman, John Hall). About two-fifths of the students in my cohort went on to well-regarded PhD program, West Coast and East Coast. And well-known foundation fellowships. I conducted undergraduate research. Campus is beautiful, weather is idyllic. I supppose the negative comments come from students in other departments, and perhaps by students who "bloomed early" in high school and never developed an intellectual passion. I am now in graduate school and my experience at Colorado has provided me the wattage to survive. I am overseas, and foreign professors know about the university and the physics department. Best wishes studying here. Mon, 01 Jul 2013 10:16:54 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CO/UCB_comments.html