StudentsReview - Bay State College - Life at BSC Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html Life at BSC - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSC for Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etchttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html Do not, if you have the ability, stay in the dorms. Just don't do it. I started my first semester in spring 2015 so I've had 2 different dorms so far. The first room was in their "show" building so it... Sun, 11 Dec 2016 03:55:44 GMT StudentsReview 2371-177307 2371-177307 2371 14 Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative Do not, if you have the ability, stay in the dorms. Just don't do it. I started my first semester in spring 2015 so I've had 2 different dorms so far. The first room was in their "show" building so it was a really beautiful, tall ceiling spacious room. It was generally clean and comfortable. Until the dead of winter. The heat would be shut off at random times in -2?F weather for days. The wifi never worked properly (though I think that issue has been mostly resolve). The door knobs on every door in both of the rooms I've been in have fallen off multiple times no matter how many times they get "fixed". Broken window screens never get fixed or replaced. The one thing I can recall actually getting fixed for good was our drippy tub faucet. I've had to ask for things to get fixed more times than I can count on both my hands. The guys who come to fix it also never listen to a word you have to tell them and they constantly talk over you. Right now I'm going through a situation with bed bugs. I'm deeply worried that I'm going to get the same half assed job with extermination or replacing my bed and that it will affect my life even outside of school. This is an angry review but the school itself isn't dreadful. Most of the professors are very knowledgeable and are willing to help you through your course there. However you should never stay in the dorms. Sun, 11 Dec 2016 03:55:44 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSC for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html This school was incredibly easy to get into. Once applied, admissions hounds you like a salesperson that doesn't quite. If this school is so easy to get into, why is it so hard? They deliberately over... Sun, 04 Dec 2016 07:03:52 GMT StudentsReview 2371-177159 2371-177159 2371 0 Unknown Female Undergraduate Class 2013 1st Year Negative This school was incredibly easy to get into. Once applied, admissions hounds you like a salesperson that doesn't quite. If this school is so easy to get into, why is it so hard? They deliberately overload the students with work as a way to delay us. They deliberately delay us as a way to make more money off of us. The gpa they accepted me with was about 2.5. Not very good. I only went there because they were the only school I got into and I didn't want to disappoint my parents. I shouldn't have settled for less, I should have applied to more schools. Now I'm going to be in dept until I'm in my mid 30's all because I didn't research this scam of a school. Don't make the same mistakes as me, do not go to this school.
Their website is Baystate.edu
I've labeled myself as Not Very Bright because only a dipshit would attend this school.
Sun, 04 Dec 2016 07:03:52 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about BSC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html The teachers and president really care! Having a small classroom really helps too. You're not just a number here. I thought after dropping out of Salem State that I would never go back to school, neve... Fri, 03 Apr 2015 10:38:33 GMT StudentsReview 2371-159101 2371-159101 2371 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2014 4th Year Positive The teachers and president really care! Having a small classroom really helps too. You're not just a number here. I thought after dropping out of Salem State that I would never go back to school, never mind at night and graduate with honors with a bachelor's degree. Picking the right school makes a huge difference! I'm so glad I gave it another try at a different school. I am so thankful for Bay State College. Fri, 03 Apr 2015 10:38:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSC for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html I am currently in my last semester and will be getting my associates degree this year. I have to admit, I did not put much research into this school before attending. It was a careless decision applyi... Wed, 25 Feb 2015 07:30:03 GMT StudentsReview 2371-157560 2371-157560 2371 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Negative I am currently in my last semester and will be getting my associates degree this year. I have to admit, I did not put much research into this school before attending. It was a careless decision applying, and then just deciding to go because I had nothing better going on in my life. What a terrible decision, especially financially.

I honestly enjoyed this school at first. I thought I was meeting all of these creative and accepting people. But that was just a facade, for both students and faculty. The students here are like the plastics in Mean Girls. They may appear nice, but their true colors show after a semester and they become very clique obsessed. And if you aren't in their clique you can just forget it. This applies to both within and out of majors. From my observation and experience, the students in each major keep their friendships within their major. And within that major is even more cliques. And if you don't join one of the catty cliques, you can forget having friends here. Neither the students or the faculty will want anything to do with you.

The faculty are no better than the students. They play absolute favorites and if you don't suck up to them they don't want anything to do with you. So many of these professors are so stuck up and entitled because they have experience in their industry. And they totally disregard you and take it almost personal if you don't express the same amount of passion or interest in their respective fields that they do. If you're lost and unsure about your career path, they don't encourage you and try and share their knowledge in a positive way. They shun you for not being like them, and throw you to the curb.

This school could care about less about your education. They're all about forcing you to work 10 part time jobs with absolutely no job or hours security (cause college students just have no bills to pay), and if you can't keep your schedule 110% open for whatever 2 hour a month job they want to send you to, they look down on you. I have been looked down upon by faculty, students, and the career service department because I commit to my part time job because it pays my bills. One career service advisor told me I needed to move in Boston if I ever want to make it in the industry. He wanted nothing to do with me when said the jobs he wanted to send me to didn't fit into my schedule. The faculty here just wants to force stupid jobs down your throat so it can strengthen their relationships with their contacts. As well as make the school look better because it's finding students all of these crappy minimum wage jobs. And if you don't want to work these minimum wage jobs, or better yet, work for free the faculty think you aren't a hard worker. I'm not sorry that I know a paycheck is more important than what my passion may be. I'm a realist, sorry. I have obligations.

The school is also insanely overpriced. I believe the current rate is $826 a credit, so that's around $2,400 a class. Which is absolutely insane when I think about the lack of education I have gotten here. I can honestly say that my degree I will be receiving is pointless (which the faculty have said as well, and that is experience is what's going to get you jobs -- so what am I paying all this money for??) And there is nothing that I learned here that I couldn't have learned on my own through experience and life. This school is like a high school, providing minimal education.

I will say though, I have had some amazing and caring professors. Most of them however have been adjunct professors and or professors for general education classes.
Wed, 25 Feb 2015 07:30:03 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about BSC for Physical Therapy/Exercise Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html Bay State College is over priced and dysfunctional. When I pay a premium price for something I expect premium quality experience. Unfortunately the quality of education at Bay State College is under ... Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:01:50 GMT StudentsReview 2371-156897 2371-156897 2371 74 Physical Therapy/Exercise Science Male Undergraduate Class 2016 2nd Year Neutral Bay State College is over priced and dysfunctional. When I pay a premium price for something I expect premium quality experience. Unfortunately the quality of education at Bay State College is under par. Bay State College is dysfunctionally ran by an out of touch administration. Non of the faculty is ever on the same page and the students are constantly given conflicting information.
Dealing with the I.T. department is a nightmare. The computers and printers are always down the college WiFi is extremely slow and spotty.
The college does not even have a real bookstore and what is in the bookstore is overpriced just like Bay State College.
Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:01:50 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html