StudentsReview - Bay State College - Life at BSC Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html Life at BSC - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about BSC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html The teachers and president really care! Having a small classroom really helps too. You're not just a number here. I thought after dropping out of Salem State that I would never go back to school, neve... Fri, 03 Apr 2015 10:38:33 GMT StudentsReview 2371-159101 2371-159101 2371 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2014 4th Year Positive The teachers and president really care! Having a small classroom really helps too. You're not just a number here. I thought after dropping out of Salem State that I would never go back to school, never mind at night and graduate with honors with a bachelor's degree. Picking the right school makes a huge difference! I'm so glad I gave it another try at a different school. I am so thankful for Bay State College. Fri, 03 Apr 2015 10:38:33 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSC for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html I am currently in my last semester and will be getting my associates degree this year. I have to admit, I did not put much research into this school before attending. It was a careless decision applyi... Wed, 25 Feb 2015 07:30:03 GMT StudentsReview 2371-157560 2371-157560 2371 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Negative I am currently in my last semester and will be getting my associates degree this year. I have to admit, I did not put much research into this school before attending. It was a careless decision applying, and then just deciding to go because I had nothing better going on in my life. What a terrible decision, especially financially.

I honestly enjoyed this school at first. I thought I was meeting all of these creative and accepting people. But that was just a facade, for both students and faculty. The students here are like the plastics in Mean Girls. They may appear nice, but their true colors show after a semester and they become very clique obsessed. And if you aren't in their clique you can just forget it. This applies to both within and out of majors. From my observation and experience, the students in each major keep their friendships within their major. And within that major is even more cliques. And if you don't join one of the catty cliques, you can forget having friends here. Neither the students or the faculty will want anything to do with you.

The faculty are no better than the students. They play absolute favorites and if you don't suck up to them they don't want anything to do with you. So many of these professors are so stuck up and entitled because they have experience in their industry. And they totally disregard you and take it almost personal if you don't express the same amount of passion or interest in their respective fields that they do. If you're lost and unsure about your career path, they don't encourage you and try and share their knowledge in a positive way. They shun you for not being like them, and throw you to the curb.

This school could care about less about your education. They're all about forcing you to work 10 part time jobs with absolutely no job or hours security (cause college students just have no bills to pay), and if you can't keep your schedule 110% open for whatever 2 hour a month job they want to send you to, they look down on you. I have been looked down upon by faculty, students, and the career service department because I commit to my part time job because it pays my bills. One career service advisor told me I needed to move in Boston if I ever want to make it in the industry. He wanted nothing to do with me when said the jobs he wanted to send me to didn't fit into my schedule. The faculty here just wants to force stupid jobs down your throat so it can strengthen their relationships with their contacts. As well as make the school look better because it's finding students all of these crappy minimum wage jobs. And if you don't want to work these minimum wage jobs, or better yet, work for free the faculty think you aren't a hard worker. I'm not sorry that I know a paycheck is more important than what my passion may be. I'm a realist, sorry. I have obligations.

The school is also insanely overpriced. I believe the current rate is $826 a credit, so that's around $2,400 a class. Which is absolutely insane when I think about the lack of education I have gotten here. I can honestly say that my degree I will be receiving is pointless (which the faculty have said as well, and that is experience is what's going to get you jobs -- so what am I paying all this money for??) And there is nothing that I learned here that I couldn't have learned on my own through experience and life. This school is like a high school, providing minimal education.

I will say though, I have had some amazing and caring professors. Most of them however have been adjunct professors and or professors for general education classes.
Wed, 25 Feb 2015 07:30:03 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about BSC for Physical Therapy/Exercise Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html Bay State College is over priced and dysfunctional. When I pay a premium price for something I expect premium quality experience. Unfortunately the quality of education at Bay State College is under ... Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:01:50 GMT StudentsReview 2371-156897 2371-156897 2371 74 Physical Therapy/Exercise Science Male Undergraduate Class 2016 2nd Year Neutral Bay State College is over priced and dysfunctional. When I pay a premium price for something I expect premium quality experience. Unfortunately the quality of education at Bay State College is under par. Bay State College is dysfunctionally ran by an out of touch administration. Non of the faculty is ever on the same page and the students are constantly given conflicting information.
Dealing with the I.T. department is a nightmare. The computers and printers are always down the college WiFi is extremely slow and spotty.
The college does not even have a real bookstore and what is in the bookstore is overpriced just like Bay State College.
Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:01:50 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSC for Criminalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html Bay State College was the BIGGEST waste of time and money i can imagine. For one the curriculum was garbage. The "instructors" gave more actual world insight to me than actual knowledge. The office st... Thu, 11 Dec 2014 05:47:16 GMT StudentsReview 2371-155035 2371-155035 2371 44 Criminal Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Negative Bay State College was the BIGGEST waste of time and money i can imagine. For one the curriculum was garbage. The "instructors" gave more actual world insight to me than actual knowledge. The office staff, advisers and financial aid department were down right rude and unhelpful. Constantly signing you up for classes you have 1 already taken or 2 had no part in your major. Also in my experience giving wrong information to get you out of their office so they could go back to chatting and or gossiping amongst themselves. NOW career services this is where they failed even harder. about 6 months after graduation i lost my job. knowing that bay state had a career services department i contacted them and got an adviser. This guy not only ignored my e-mails when he responded to them was gave me no help. I was a criminal Justice major. He was trying to get me yet another retail job he sent me links to big box stores... So if you are thinking about attending this college DON'T! Their name on your resume is a blight and wont help you achieve anything. Thu, 11 Dec 2014 05:47:16 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BSC for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html Still the same junk school it's always been. Reading some other reviews I see this place is still a overpriced dump. I'd never recommend anyone go to this college, EVER!! I wish when I attended this s... Sat, 16 Aug 2014 06:12:07 GMT StudentsReview 2371-120727 2371-120727 2371 53 Other Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative Still the same junk school it's always been. Reading some other reviews I see this place is still a overpriced dump. I'd never recommend anyone go to this college, EVER!! I wish when I attended this school there we're places like this to warn people how horrible they are. I attended one semester back in 2000. Not only did they make up some excuse on how they we're tossing me out because some trashy girl was spreading rumors about me about me ruining something of hers, that was false, they also stole my money! I even had witnesses, from the dump they call a dorm, contact them to tell them the accusations were false, and they still kicked me out. Never returned my remaining $15,000. I'm going to be in debt forever because of these people. All over their excuse to get rid of me so they can keep my money that they did not deserve. So, I ended up paying for the rest of the year and the following year for classes that I did not take, food that I did not eat, and room and board for a place that I was not staying. BIG SCAM! There are way better colleges for cheaper with better programs that won't rip you off! Sat, 16 Aug 2014 06:12:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/BSC0_comments.html