StudentsReview - Laboure College - Life at Laboure Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/LC1_comments.html Life at Laboure - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about Laboure for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/LC1_comments.html This school was the worst decision I ever made. I was enrolled in the evening nursing program and then I went to register for Nursing 102 adn was told they filled my spot. My only option was to move... Fri, 16 May 2014 03:40:51 GMT StudentsReview 2379-108504 2379-108504 2379 30 Nursing Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative This school was the worst decision I ever made. I was enrolled in the evening nursing program and then I went to register for Nursing 102 adn was told they filled my spot. My only option was to move to the day class not easy with a full time job. The teachers when you could understand them were not helpful and one the russian instructor Olga was down right mean and mean to patients. Horrible experience look at Quincy Community College or another school nearby this school is horrible! Fri, 16 May 2014 03:40:51 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/LC1_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about Laboure for School of Informationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/LC1_comments.html I'm a recent graduate of Laboure College HIT Program, I must say that I'm terribly disappointed in the lack of employment opportunities in this field. The starting salary for college graduate is terri... Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:43:56 GMT StudentsReview 2379-104912 2379-104912 2379 62 School of Information Female Undergraduate Class 2010 2nd Year Advice I'm a recent graduate of Laboure College HIT Program, I must say that I'm terribly disappointed in the lack of employment opportunities in this field. The starting salary for college graduate is terrible (Between $10 and $14 an hour). A lot of my friends who graduate with Business, Accounting, Nursing, Computer, and Engineering degrees are getting hired right out of colleges/Universities with starting salaries between $40000 and $55000. I regret getting this degree, I spent so much money on obtaining my degree at Laboure College and the return on my investment is marginal. I should have just gotten a certificate degree in coding at a community college. Coding is the only segment of the HIM field that pay okay money, and requires certification. I just needed to take basically 3 courses (medical terminology, HIPPA, EHR)in order to obtain a medical record clerk position.

The other thing, I noticed with industry is the lack of internship opportunities for students. Where I work the hospital constantly had internship openings for Nursing students, but would not accept internship in the HIM Department. I just wish I had know about AHIMA coding program online, it only cost $2000 to complete the entire program, it would have cost me a lot less money. Instead of owning Laboure College over $40000 for HIT degree, I could have completed the program for $2000
Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:43:56 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/LC1_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about Laboure for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/LC1_comments.html Please Please Please do your research. Just because its a catholic, health edu. does not mean anything. Schools are businesses too their good at promoting themselves. My time at Laboure has been a wa... Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:04:50 GMT StudentsReview 2379-103580 2379-103580 2379 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2014 1st Year Advice Please Please Please do your research. Just because its a catholic, health edu. does not mean anything. Schools are businesses too their good at promoting themselves. My time at Laboure has been a waste of ALOT of money/time. There are barely any resources or support available for students. The school is small meaning not many teachers if you do have a problem with their teaching style well tough, there is no where you can go to learn the material unless you have found a great mentor in your life. A lot of the faculty not all are not realistic and do not have any interest in students success. There is a lot of arrogance and finger pointing esp. at the students. There is not a lot of people who can not take responsibility, you will hear a lot of excuses that add to the waste of time. Every health program is challenging to your learning, the disorganization here adds to the chaos. My advice do your research and do not pick the first school that accepts you. Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:04:50 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/LC1_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about Laboure for School of Informationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/LC1_comments.html Do not major in HIT program, you will not find a job that will pay you enough money to repay your high loans. I graduate with HIT tow years ago, and I have not yet been able to find a job that pays a ... Wed, 26 Feb 2014 03:04:12 GMT StudentsReview 2379-102208 2379-102208 2379 62 School of Information Female Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Advice Do not major in HIT program, you will not find a job that will pay you enough money to repay your high loans. I graduate with HIT tow years ago, and I have not yet been able to find a job that pays a decent amount of money per hour. Most of the hospital medical record jobs are factory type of work, where you are required to process large volume of medical records per day for minimum wages. You will struggle to find any internship, as most of the healthcare facilities in the Boston area doesn't care about assisting students with Internship due to understaffing issues. This is a good degree for established medical record clerks (already working in the industry). I would not recommend this career for anybody. You will regret going into it, when you can't find a job that will pay you a decent salary to repay your loans.

If do decide to go into this field, be extremely carefully when selecting jobs, and where you decided to go. I would only go into coding, since it is the only job in medical records that require a certificate. You really don't need a degree to work in medical records, most of the clerks working in the HIM department are high school grads.

Here some advise if you decide to go into HIM:
Only two school offer this degree, most Universities/colleges have dropped this major due to high student defaulting issues.
It will be difficult to find any internship, as most HIM depts. are too busy to help future HIM students with internship.
Be careful about selecting jobs, once you accept one you cannot leave it for whatever reasons (due to industry mangers talk to each other), it will be impossible to find another job at an acute care hospital if you hate the job and leave.
Do not say anything or bring attention to yourself, stay quiet, do not complain about anything, just yes to everything.
Do not give management/Supervisors or co-worker a reason not to like you, word travel fast in this industry.
Read online boards about what past students and HIM workers are saying about the industry.
Stay away from the third party vendors that process medical records for hospitals, you need to be an employee of the hospital to get good benefits (tuition, respectability, better treatment), these companies only make money based on how many medical records that they can process, so they will push and expect you to make no mistakes.

Better career opportunities and pay in the following field: Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Nursing, Pharmacist.
Wed, 26 Feb 2014 03:04:12 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/LC1_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Laboure for Neuroscience/Cognitive Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/MA/LC1_comments.html DO NOT GO TO LABOURE COLLEGE. I can't stress it enough. There administrative staff is awful, and the teachers are flat out awful. I wouldnt suggest this crap school on my worst enemy.... Wed, 08 Jan 2014 01:00:51 GMT StudentsReview 2379-99824 2379-99824 2379 69 Neuroscience/Cognitive Science Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Negative DO NOT GO TO LABOURE COLLEGE. I can't stress it enough. There administrative staff is awful, and the teachers are flat out awful. I wouldnt suggest this crap school on my worst enemy. Wed, 08 Jan 2014 01:00:51 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/LC1_comments.html