StudentsReview - Academy College - Life at Academy Copyright 2022 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/AEC_comments.html Life at Academy - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about Academy for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/AEC_comments.html Great school for working adults. No extra fluff with college games or sports, just school. The employees are so helpful! Except for the tuition office, they are always rude.... Fri, 01 Nov 2013 03:17:06 GMT StudentsReview 2473-96813 2473-96813 2473 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Positive Great school for working adults. No extra fluff with college games or sports, just school. The employees are so helpful! Except for the tuition office, they are always rude. Fri, 01 Nov 2013 03:17:06 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/AEC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Academy for Computer Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/AEC_comments.html Well for me personally I find this school to be exactly what I thought college was a waste of time. I have only been there for about 8 months and I have had one teacher so far who told me not to even ... Sat, 23 Feb 2013 11:34:51 GMT StudentsReview 2473-92211 2473-92211 2473 11 Computer Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2015 1st Year Negative Well for me personally I find this school to be exactly what I thought college was a waste of time. I have only been there for about 8 months and I have had one teacher so far who told me not to even try when I asked for help due to not being able to attend one of two classes. at the beginning of the semester she had an unfortunate event with her mom in the hospital so she missed the second week. After mom was fine she came back yelled at some kids that weren't there the first week and she wasn't there the second, because they did something they weren't suppose to. She didn't send out a email or have something on the board for people who where there the first week to know what to do.. as the semester went on she pointed people out in class who didn't do something right or if she thought you were on the internet(that she can turn off at anytime) she would point you out and talk about respect and dignity. One student decided to turn his screen around when she pointed him out and said "here I am taking notes... it is a computer field I am in and guess what you can do on a computer... Take notes." when I or anyone else had some hardships and needed help she would say "NOT MY PROBLEM". When I asked if it was possible to switch to the night class later on in the semester due to needing to work on the Monday class or face being homeless. she told me "It is to late to switch and if you can't make it to class you won't pass the final. I do things that are not in the book and that the other teacher doesn't do. So I wouldn't even bother." NOT KIDDING A TEACHER SAID DON'T BOTHER TO A STUDENT CONTINUING HIS EDUCATION.

Also with another one of my teacher which isn't his fault. He was chosen to do some interviews for a new dean. They scheduled these interviews when he was suppose to be teaching classes.... So I guess the students that are paying are not important to the school what soever.

The courses there are as follows but 2 of the 6 classes I have taken. Read the chapter do the questions in the book and take the exams.... I just go on youtube and learn better. I should have just bought the books and did this myself. Would have learned the same.

I won't even get into the miss match of social security numbers that happened to my girlfriend which messed up her fin aid.

this school is a piece I wouldn't even bother. All I hear is complaints from students about the one teacher I had and/or complaints about some faculty messing stuff up for them.
Sat, 23 Feb 2013 11:34:51 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/AEC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Academy for Mathhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/AEC_comments.html If you are a student who is not going to live on campus or in Mankato I'd look for a better school. I went here because it was one of the closer colleges and I have a 3 year old so quitting my job and... Sat, 26 Jan 2013 02:10:25 GMT StudentsReview 2473-91597 2473-91597 2473 23 Math Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative If you are a student who is not going to live on campus or in Mankato I'd look for a better school. I went here because it was one of the closer colleges and I have a 3 year old so quitting my job and moving wasn't an option. All the teachers do is make beer jokes for the alcoholics on campus. They assume everybody lives there and if the roads are too slippery to drive there or the weather is bad they just give you an F on attendance and the assignment. All of my professors required it be turned in by hand, NO exceptions. My community college professors were more technologically advanced and accepted assignments through e-mail, d2l, ect. This school just wants the money and isn't helpful at all. I'm hoping to transfer next semester. Sat, 26 Jan 2013 02:10:25 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/AEC_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Academy for Aerospace Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/AEC_comments.html I only give this school 1 star because it seems all instructors here are great people and do care about their students. Unfortunately the people who run the school could care less about you, specifica... Sun, 11 Dec 2011 10:42:59 GMT StudentsReview 2473-83602 2473-83602 2473 2 Aerospace Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2014 1st Year Neutral I only give this school 1 star because it seems all instructors here are great people and do care about their students. Unfortunately the people who run the school could care less about you, specifically financial aid and the Campus Director. They will be your best friend sucking as much financial aid and student loans out of you as they can. Then when you finish school there good luck getting any answers on what is going on with left over money in your account, in my case 10,000+ dollars. I went over 2 months being ignored by the Campus director who I was told was the only one with the answers to where my money was going, always forwarded to voice mail which my calls were never returned and emails went unresponded to... Not the way you want to be treated by the person who is handling your money. The classes weren't that great... the instructors are pretty much stuck (Not their fault) to just reading the book and or just prepping you to pass a test with out really learning the material. There are alot of good people at this school but the higher up people just care about how much money they are making so I can not recommend this school. This was evident on how they would push people through the higher aviation courses when they hadn't even flown in a plane yet setting them up for failure, and they did fail. I recently tried to transfer credits to a State school in MN and they said they will not except ANY credits from Academy College. Sun, 11 Dec 2011 10:42:59 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/AEC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Academy for Aerospace Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/MN/AEC_comments.html It seems all instructors here are great people and do care about their students. Unfortunately the people who run the school could care less about you, specifically financial aid and the Campus Direct... Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:48:16 GMT StudentsReview 2473-83015 2473-83015 2473 2 Aerospace Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2014 1st Year Negative It seems all instructors here are great people and do care about their students. Unfortunately the people who run the school could care less about you, specifically financial aid and the Campus Director Tracey Schantz. They will be your best friend sucking as much financial aid and student loans out of you as they can. Then when you finish school there good luck getting any answers on what is going on with left over money in your account, in my case 10000+ dollars. I went over 2 months being ignored by the Campus director who I was told was the only one with the answers to where my money was going, always forwarded to voice mail which my calls were never returned and emails went responded to... Not the way you want to be treated by the person who is handling your money. The classes weren't that great... the instructors are pretty much stuck (Not their fault) to just reading the book and or just prepping you to pass a test with out really learning the material. There are ... because it seems all instructors here are great people and do care about their students. Unfortunately the people who run the school could care less about you, specifically financial aid and the Campus Director Tracey Schantz. They will be your best friend sucking as much financial aid and student loans out of you as they can. Then when you finish school there good luck getting any answers on what is going on with left over money in your account, in my case 10000+ dollars. I went over 2 months being ignored by the Campus director who I was told was the only one with the answers to where my money was going, always forwarded to voice mail which my calls were never returned and emails went responded to... Not the way you want to be treated by the person who is handling your money. The classes weren't that great... the instructors are pretty much stuck (Not their fault) to just reading the book and or just prepping you to pass a test with out really learning the material. There are alot of good people at this school but the higher up people just care about how much money they are making so I can not recommend this school. This was evident on how they would push people through the higher aviation courses when they hadn't even flown in a plane yet setting them up for failure, and they did fail Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:48:16 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/MN/AEC_comments.html