StudentsReview - The University of Connecticut - Life at UConn Copyright 2016 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html Life at UConn - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about UConn for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html My experience art UConn was mixed. Academically, everything was fine. The classes were challenging and the professors were helpful more often than not. Socially, it was tough for a couple reasons. Fir... Sun, 13 Dec 2015 10:51:34 GMT StudentsReview 255-172048 255-172048 255 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Neutral My experience art UConn was mixed. Academically, everything was fine. The classes were challenging and the professors were helpful more often than not. Socially, it was tough for a couple reasons. First, I was the sole golf-loving "prep" from Fairfield County at UConn in the 1980's. Second, I transferred from a Midwestern school to UConn for my junior year and by then it seemed everyone had established friendships and cliques. It's interesting to note that I was in the 67th percentile of my class year with 1200 SAT's (620 verbal, 580 math). Those same scores today would put me about the 33rd percentile. That shows you how competitive UConn has become in the last 30 years. Sun, 13 Dec 2015 10:51:34 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about UConn for Animal Studieshttp://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html If you are going to UCONN, just recognize that it is a big school and its way easy to get lost in the crowd. If you dont fight for yourself, you will not do well. Look at the resources on campus. t... Thu, 05 Nov 2015 01:10:15 GMT StudentsReview 255-171645 255-171645 255 45 Animal Studies Female Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Advice If you are going to UCONN, just recognize that it is a big school and its way easy to get lost in the crowd. If you dont fight for yourself, you will not do well.

Look at the resources on campus. there is a mental health center and you should totally take advantage of that. There are people there to help you study in the Library. Just be aware of the help that is offered because I wasn't and it kind of messed me up.

Find friends that are willing to help support you academically as its one of those schools where the professors aren't there to baby you. Help each other out and you'll be better for it. Don't allow people to bring you down, cause you will fall HARD.

I know a lot of people say "its what you make of it" but in relation to UCONN that sounds about right. There is lots going on at any given moment but don't forget about the school work.

In terms of the Animal Science program, it's difficult for a reason, but it can also be way of fun. I mean, who else gets to train livestock? If you aren't goal oriented in this program though, its gonna plow you over. Polish your math and science skills because you are going to need it. And please go to class and actually take notes!! You really miss things when browsing on Facebook. These teachers are somewhat flexible but still they expect you to get your stuff together and keep up.

Somehow of few of these kids have managed to be party people
and still keep good grades, but honestly it isn't beneficial. They tend to crash and burn real fast.

Just use common sense y'all and good luck!

Good luck either way!
Thu, 05 Nov 2015 01:10:15 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about UConn for Communicationshttp://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html I graduated in 1993 and I'm filling this out in 2015, so my experience is dated. I still feel that the people I met in college have had a huge influence on the way that I think. I don't work in a fie... Thu, 22 Oct 2015 09:15:21 GMT StudentsReview 255-171487 255-171487 255 54 Communications Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive I graduated in 1993 and I'm filling this out in 2015, so my experience is dated. I still feel that the people I met in college have had a huge influence on the way that I think. I don't work in a field directly related to my major, but I still benefit from many of the classes I took and the interactions I had with others. I certainly recommend college in general and UConn is a great place to attend. Thu, 22 Oct 2015 09:15:21 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about UConn for Natural Resourceshttp://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html I transferred to UConn my junior year of college after attending Villanova University my freshman year and UConn Stamford for my sophomore year. I regret not coming straight to UConn storrs for my fre... Sun, 11 Oct 2015 10:20:17 GMT StudentsReview 255-171231 255-171231 255 27 Natural Resources Female Undergraduate Class 2016 4th Year Positive I transferred to UConn my junior year of college after attending Villanova University my freshman year and UConn Stamford for my sophomore year. I regret not coming straight to UConn storrs for my freshman year because I fell in love with it! The reason I didn't come to UConn right out of high school was because of reviews I read on websites like this that told me there was no night life/social scene, and because I grew up in Connecticut and had the whole mentality of wanting to "get out of here."

I'm an NRE major at UConn and can honestly say that if you are a student that's going to go into anything environmental/agriculture/natural resource related, UConn is an INCREDIBLE school. The programs are amazing, and the school is pretty small, so once you get into your junior/senior level courses, the class sizes become smaller and you end up getting really close to people in your major. One of my classes only has eight people in it this semester, and several of my professors know me by name.

Not to mention I have made absolutely incredible friends. I'm not a HUGE partier, but even so, if I want to go out, there is always something to do whether it's a frat party or a party off campus or some underground music shows, or going out to dinner or going to the mall. Though a lot of the things I just mentioned require a car or some type of transportation, so it's understandable that underclassmen complain about not having a lot to do on campus. But SUBOG tries really hard to make sure there are fun things going on on campus during the weekends, and there's always Late Night at the Union or hanging out with friends. There are so so so so many really cool clubs at UConn, too, and so far every single one I've joined has been so inclusive and great. Last year I decided to join the boxing club having NEVER boxed before in my life, and everyone was so kind and welcoming and supportive.

I'm a very shy person and often times have a hard time meeting new people, and so I was very nervous when I first transferred to UConn. But it's such a huge campus with so many amazing opportunities that after a little effort, it's almost impossible not to find something you love and people you love. The campus is absolutely GORGEOUS if you're into hiking/more rural areas, which I am (I'm not a city girl AT ALL), though right now they are doing a bit of construction which is annoying. The only reason I feel so compelled to write this review is in hopes that somebody will read this one and realize that UConn is awesome! I regret so much the two years I wasted not being at UConn Storrs, and always look back and wish I had just come here from the very beginning of my undergraduate career. It's a gorgeous campus with a fairly diverse student body and incredible people, intelligent professors, and a lot of research opportunities. :)
Sun, 11 Oct 2015 10:20:17 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about UConn for Electrical Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html Engineering faculty are dead enders just putting in their time until retirement. Most of them have no career outside academia, no practical experience in industry whatsoever, and they're not very good... Mon, 29 Jun 2015 12:27:16 GMT StudentsReview 255-162753 255-162753 255 16 Electrical Engineering Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Neutral Engineering faculty are dead enders just putting in their time until retirement. Most of them have no career outside academia, no practical experience in industry whatsoever, and they're not very good engineers at all. Mon, 29 Jun 2015 12:27:16 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html