StudentsReview - The University of Connecticut - Life at UCONNhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html Life at UCONN - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about UCONN for PreMed and Medicalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html Classes can be a little or very hard because of the materials that are being covered in class or simply because of the professor. However, life on campus is pretty awesome. There have so many student ... Tue, 23 Dec 2014 03:43:52 GMT StudentsReview 255-155505 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 255-155505 255 36 PreMed and Medical Female Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Positive Classes can be a little or very hard because of the materials that are being covered in class or simply because of the professor. However, life on campus is pretty awesome. There have so many student organizations and other resources available on campus. The housing on the other hand, is ok I guess (North campus id pretty bad, the rooms are too small an the bathrooms are nasty) I lived in Alumni (in a Learning Community) and it was awesome. Besides the Learning Community houses, I would say that Garrigus, Shippee, Buckley, and McMahon are the best dorms on campus when considering room sizes, safety, and location. Tue, 23 Dec 2014 03:43:52 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about UCONN for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html I had the most amazing experience at UConn. I challenged myself to go back after receiving my undergraduate degree. I wanted to learn. And, I did. Had the best teachers and the best education.... Tue, 20 May 2014 04:50:01 GMT StudentsReview 255-108930 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 255-108930 255 79 Finance Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Positive I had the most amazing experience at UConn. I challenged myself to go back after receiving my undergraduate degree. I wanted to learn. And, I did. Had the best teachers and the best education. Tue, 20 May 2014 04:50:01 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about UCONN for Chemical Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html UConn is a great school and keeps getting better. I just finished my freshmen year as a Materials Science and Engineering Major with a concentration in Nanotechnology and Ethics, with minors in Comput... Sun, 04 May 2014 08:50:42 GMT StudentsReview 255-107602 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 255-107602 255 8 Chemical Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive UConn is a great school and keeps getting better. I just finished my freshmen year as a Materials Science and Engineering Major with a concentration in Nanotechnology and Ethics, with minors in Computer Science, Math, and Physics, so as you can imagine, I've been busy. But what I think really sets UConn apart from the other schools that I've seen my friends at is how much room there is to grow.
Let me elaborate.
There are so many opportunities to travel, do research, and do fun activities (skydiving club!) that are made possible because we are such a well funded and large campus. And all of these opportunities have the potential to land you in a leadership position that will look great on a resume. I love that part of UConn because I have really come out of my shell in college by getting involved around campus and as a result I am not a number in the system, I am a name that professors and department heads know because of how much I do in terms of academics, volunteer work, and community involvement.

A word of advice:
Anywhere you chose to go to school, you're going to have a miserable time if you do not get involved. You will just be a number in the system if you chose to go to college and just party on the weekends and study during the week, so I don't want to hear anyone complaining about that at UConn because well WHAT DID YOU EXPECT. UConn is becoming more and more competitive every year and with that, we are getting some of the brightest and most diverse people from around the region and beyond. If you want to stand out, then DO SOMETHING. The main complaints I've heard about UConn have been the night life (I will address in the next paragraph) and the lack of individual attention. This is college, no professor has the time to look through their tests to see who deserves a special pat on the back. If you want individual attention, GO ASK FOR IT. Show up to office hours and the professors will be more then happy to talk for as long as you'd like about whatever your little heart desires. Most people are just too nervous to ever do it.

NIGHT LIFE:
It's certainly lacking as a freshmen. With Greek life being big, if you're looking to party 3 nights a week, I would highly suggest joining a frat. You'll get the experience that you're looking for.
As a science major however, you may be left out of that scene, especially your freshmen year. Again, I think the key would be to get involved with some clubs and trips, you'll meet upperclassmen and other people who you can hang out on the weekends with, without having to trek all the way to party houses to get crammed into a basement with drunk people. That is just my experience though.

UCONN is an amazing school but you need to take advantage of opportunities as they arise. Say "Yes" to things you would normally say "No" to (that is not meant to be taken sexually). You'll see how easy it is to grow and have a great time doing it. Thanks for reading all this.
Sun, 04 May 2014 08:50:42 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about UCONN for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html I love UCONN! The school spirit is fantastic, the university is beautiful, and the biology program is exceptional and highly regarded. If I had to do it all again, I would choose UCONN, no doubt. The ... Mon, 14 Apr 2014 04:08:13 GMT StudentsReview 255-105941 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 255-105941 255 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive I love UCONN! The school spirit is fantastic, the university is beautiful, and the biology program is exceptional and highly regarded. If I had to do it all again, I would choose UCONN, no doubt. The honors program is a great way of making attending sucha big school into a more personal experience. One piece of advice: it is occasionally difficult to get in touch with professors as they are often busy with research. Mon, 14 Apr 2014 04:08:13 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about UCONN for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html The school is good for a good price for in state students, and somehow has a decent reputation in the business world. However, classes were a joke. As a finance major I am not supposed to say that. I ... Wed, 12 Mar 2014 03:48:41 GMT StudentsReview 255-103371 Copyright 2015 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 255-103371 255 79 Finance Female Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Negative The school is good for a good price for in state students, and somehow has a decent reputation in the business world. However, classes were a joke. As a finance major I am not supposed to say that. I didn't learn anything much, and I wasn't forced to either. There was always a way to do well because professors weren't engaging or challenging. Most everything UConn does, doesn't really make sense and they don't tend to take student opinion into account. A LOT of buildings need updating, more money apparently needs to be spent on hiring teachers, yet we drop millions for a "more aggressive" looking husky logo...... Wed, 12 Mar 2014 03:48:41 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/CT/UC_comments.html