StudentsReview - George Washington University - Life at GWU Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/GWU_comments.html Life at GWU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about GWU for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/DC/GWU_comments.html Career center changed a few phrases on my resume, did a practice interview and told me to network with alumni on LinkedIn. Basically blew me off since LinkedIn is not a place to network for employmen... Mon, 08 May 2017 10:26:06 GMT StudentsReview 265-179761 265-179761 265 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative Career center changed a few phrases on my resume, did a practice interview and told me to network with alumni on LinkedIn. Basically blew me off since LinkedIn is not a place to network for employment.

Worst investment of time, money and the hope of achieving a good professional career. Avoid this school if you want to have a worthwhile career after graduation.
Mon, 08 May 2017 10:26:06 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/GWU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about GWU for Undecidedhttp://www.studentsreview.com/DC/GWU_comments.html The second month of being here I was 100% sure I wanted to transfer. This is not a college experience, its like a transition from high school to living alone in a city, not college. Students are not n... Tue, 02 May 2017 06:36:17 GMT StudentsReview 265-179698 265-179698 265 52 Undecided Female Undergraduate Class 1920 1st Year Negative The second month of being here I was 100% sure I wanted to transfer. This is not a college experience, its like a transition from high school to living alone in a city, not college. Students are not nice and only care about going out. If you do not like going out that much, you will have no friends literally. There is no university cafeteria, no student center, no campus, no college spirit. Do not come here unless you are sure of what you're getting into. Tue, 02 May 2017 06:36:17 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/GWU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about GWU for Undecidedhttp://www.studentsreview.com/DC/GWU_comments.html I am almost done with my first semester at GW, and I've wanted to transfer since my second week here. This school does not care about its students and there is absolutely no sense of community here. G... Wed, 02 Dec 2015 04:06:57 GMT StudentsReview 265-171901 265-171901 265 52 Undecided Female Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Negative I am almost done with my first semester at GW, and I've wanted to transfer since my second week here. This school does not care about its students and there is absolutely no sense of community here. GW is not a true college experience. I feel like by coming here, i've skipped college and gone straight to living on my own, except I am surrounded by snobby kids who act like they're in high school. So, all around it is a rough situation. Maybe this experience wouldn't be as bad if I was able to find normal people that I like spending time with, but a majority of the student population is comprised of rude, materialistic, arrogant kids. And if they didn't originally fall under this category before coming to GW, they most likely have conformed to become like these snotty kids to "Fit in". I am most definitely transferring. Wed, 02 Dec 2015 04:06:57 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/GWU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about GWU for Undecidedhttp://www.studentsreview.com/DC/GWU_comments.html I was really excited to come to GW. It was my top choice school when I got in and I was so ready. However after spending quite some time here I can safely say coming here was a mistake. The student bo... Wed, 18 Nov 2015 12:33:00 GMT StudentsReview 265-171771 265-171771 265 52 Undecided Male Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Negative I was really excited to come to GW. It was my top choice school when I got in and I was so ready. However after spending quite some time here I can safely say coming here was a mistake. The student body is condescending and incredibly unfriendly, the faculty honestly doesn't care about you at all and neither does the administration. It's so ridiculously overpriced for what you get it is absolutely not worth coming here. Sure, GW is an academically challenging school and has a great academic reputation, but so do other schools in its level, like NYU, BC, Etc. This is only my opinion so GW may be the school for you, but personally coming here was a huge regret. I've never been unhappier than I am at GW. Also if you're placed on the Vern you're socially screwed. Wed, 18 Nov 2015 12:33:00 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/GWU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about GWU for Economicshttp://www.studentsreview.com/DC/GWU_comments.html I have only finished my first semester at GW and have already begun considering transferring for a variety of reasons. First of all, the price. An undergraduate degree from GW is not worth $250,000... Thu, 18 Dec 2014 03:42:56 GMT StudentsReview 265-155308 265-155308 265 57 Economics Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative I have only finished my first semester at GW and have already begun considering transferring for a variety of reasons.
First of all, the price. An undergraduate degree from GW is not worth $250,000, it isn't even close. You don't get your money's worth. Although the professors are intelligent they could not care less about the students. Most of them are inaccessible outside of class and don't want to be bothered with the students. So far I have found my academic experience to be not engaging, not challenging, and not worth my time or money.
The second thing that is terrible about this school is the "meal plan." The food here is disgusting and over priced. Unlike other colleges that allow you unlimited food per swipe they make you weigh you're food and overcharge you for it. They even make you pay 39 cents for a cup of water. Not enough bad things can be said about this meal plan, I was starving by the end of the semester.
The people are generally also terrible. They are snobby, arrogant, and frown on anybody who doesn't fit those qualities. They think it's cool to get bad grades and waste mommy and daddy's money shopping and at clubs. I was also surprised by how lazy and unmotivated a majority of the student body is. There is also no school pride whatsoever. The only pride people have is for their fraternity or sorority, which dominate the social scene at this school. If you aren't interested or can't afford to be a part of greek life(it costs about a thousand dollars a year), you will have a hard time finding friends.
The final thing that has lead to me considering transferring is the administration. Every single decision that they make is consistent with making a little bit of money in the short run, but losing a ton of money in the long run. If the board of trustees does not immediately remove this administration and admissions office GW won't be a reputable institution in 15 years or so. They use the tuition money extremely responsibly. They have spent an insane amount of money on building new dorms and have decided to force students to live on campus for 3 years when it used to be 2. They seem to do everything they can to avoid spending any money on their actual academic programs. They squeeze every dollar they can out of the students which leads to extremely low student satisfaction rate, which explains the absurdly small amount of alumni donations they receive every year. This is an administration that could not care less about the happiness or success of their students. They don't care what jobs you get out of college the only jobs that they care about are their own.
Everybody warned me of all the things above, and I thought that they were just exaggerated stereotypes, but believe me everything that I have said is entirely true and you will see that many students will agree with me. Overall, I would strongly advise anybody from coming to this joke of an institution and to use your money on better things.
Thu, 18 Dec 2014 03:42:56 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/DC/GWU_comments.html