StudentsReview - Hesser College - Life at HChttp://www.studentsreview.com/NH/HC_comments.html Life at HC - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about HC for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NH/HC_comments.html I took a Medical Assisting Course at Hesser College. The teachers were uneducated and uninformative. One teacher actually advised the students in an ethics class to "fake it, until they make it." The ... Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:23:50 GMT StudentsReview 2652-94523 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 2652-94523 2652 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative I took a Medical Assisting Course at Hesser College. The teachers were uneducated and uninformative. One teacher actually advised the students in an ethics class to "fake it, until they make it." The work was grade school handouts and color in diagrams. You learn nothing and test are based on your ability to memorize words. I completed all the "mods" and passed with a 4.0gpa as I am sure everyone else did. The lab work was practiced in unsanitary and uncomfortable conditions. After completion of these so called mods. I was supposed to be placed in a facility to obtain "practice hours" with a reputable practice. That never happened. The career placement team are never available and offer no help at all. I did not obtain my certification and Hesser College did not hold up their end of the deal. Tution is outrageously high and it was a massive waste of time. In the end I am totally screwed out of money with nothing to show. If I could sue for my tuition money to be returned, I would take every legal action I could possible take. This "college" needs to be put of of business. They pray on the poor, desperate and uneducated. Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:23:50 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NH/HC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about HC for Criminalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NH/HC_comments.html Some truth about HESSER. 1)Anyone can get in and I mean anyone! There is no SAT it's a placement test that you can take over and over again untill your able to pass it. 2)The Faculty has some of the... Thu, 06 Dec 2012 11:31:08 GMT StudentsReview 2652-90810 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 2652-90810 2652 44 Criminal Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative Some truth about HESSER.
2)The Faculty has some of the worse teachers out there! I was in the CJ program and after a year of classes I started to notice how I didn't fit in..(Not because Im an outcast or I feel Im better than most) I just notice that 90% were poverty level people along with a large majority of high school drop outs.
3)They will scam you and I mean scam you for hundreds of thousands of dollars!(Im a vet that uses the Post 9-11 GI Bill and I received financial aid which was the pell grant. It took almost 6 months to pay to me now understand my tuition is 100% paid!Long story short they still haven't paid and are scammers and a always find a reason not to pay I.E Lost check, vacation someone is out of the office)
4)The majority of the students have to be special education of some type.In my 390 level Psych class a girl couldn't read! This is no lie she literally could no read!
5)The facilities are nothing but crap. I would love to see the books on this school and where it's money goes.Literally computers from the late 90's one printer per 30 computers! Now the best part, There literally are bums who sleep there (students who Im guessing don't have a place to live and no not housing this was at the Portsmouth Campus)
6)The worse thing that has ever happened to me was when I walked into the computer lab to print up a paper..Well it smelt like human "shit" literally like someone had shit themselves and just walked around with it in there pants! Well someone did! The guy stayed through all his classes and NO ONE ASKED HIM TO LEAVE! Please avoid this school at all cost! It's a total scam and they will take anything they can from you!
Thu, 06 Dec 2012 11:31:08 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NH/HC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about HC for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NH/HC_comments.html So here is the truth about Hesser Yes they are a for profit college(Been than ask yourself which one isn't?) UNH recieve less than 6% funding from the stat and Plymouth(Which Im a graduate of) gets ev... Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:49:14 GMT StudentsReview 2652-90524 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 2652-90524 2652 38 Psychology Male Undergraduate Class 2016 3rd Year Neutral So here is the truth about Hesser Yes they are a for profit college(Been than ask yourself which one isn't?) UNH recieve less than 6% funding from the stat and Plymouth(Which Im a graduate of) gets even less, Same with SNHU at 2% so that income comes from students federal funding etc.. I have attended Hesser College for the past 2 years and must say I was 100% Skeptical that I would have stayed more than a few months but 90% of the time the faculty is great and knowledgeable in there field. Where as many major university has Dr. Who just preach the same redirect B.S. One of there biggest flaws.They let anyone and I mean anyone in! Yet if you give it time you will watch as those people dwindle and don't come back after the summer months move on. I have been attending the school as stated for 2 years and I have almost 95% of the same people that I started with in my classes (who can say that for there so called non-profit colleges) My advice If your an adult (18-21 isn't an adult but a late teen thinking they are adults) Check them out and give it a shot as any college intro classes are full of idiots who complain but once you move away from that you can see Hesser is a Diamond in the rough.(P.S I attend the Portsmouth Campus) Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:49:14 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NH/HC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about HC for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NH/HC_comments.html It was a big mistake to enroll at Hesser College. It wasn't even a choice for me. They called me so i say I'd go and "check it out" so I drove 2 hours to get to the Salem campus only to find that they... Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:44:38 GMT StudentsReview 2652-86557 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 2652-86557 2652 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Negative It was a big mistake to enroll at Hesser College. It wasn't even a choice for me. They called me so i say I'd go and "check it out" so I drove 2 hours to get to the Salem campus only to find that they had already had the enrollment papers. I had to move 2 hours away from my home to attend classes in Salem. Later, I transferred to the Nashua campus only to find out Salem never sent them any of my paperwork like they said they would do. When I decided to move back home, I had asked about transferring to the Portsmouth campus. NASHUA STILL DID NOT HAVE MY PAPERWORK! They contacted Salem and Salem told them they I was still enrolled in Salems campus and i was failing all of my classes! No wonder Nashua never had me on their rosters! I am still paying on my student loans and have not attended school there in over 2 years. No campus can find any of my paperwork! Also, they are too expensive for the amount of education they offer. Half of the teachers there can't even speak decent english. Hesser puts you into classes with no prerequisites. So you don't even know what is being talked about most of the time because you never learned it. So I tell you, please save your money. Go attend another school. This is definitely not one I recommend AT ALL! All they want is your money. They don't care about the4 quality of your education. Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:44:38 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NH/HC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about HC for Criminalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NH/HC_comments.html I attended this school simply because it fit my schedule and the Salem location was convenient. I was an adult student and, schedule-wise, it worked out well. To illustrate how ridiculously easy it w... Fri, 06 Jan 2012 04:29:49 GMT StudentsReview 2652-84272 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 2652-84272 2652 44 Criminal Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative I attended this school simply because it fit my schedule and the Salem location was convenient. I was an adult student and, schedule-wise, it worked out well. To illustrate how ridiculously easy it was, I completed my entire 120 credit program in less than two years with no prior credit transferred. Other than an Algebra course and a U.S. History course and maybe a single Psychology course, I learned absolutely nothing. The school will accept everybody and anybody. There are no prerequisites such as SATs or ACTs required for admission. You just have to sign the financial aid forms. Many students are from depressed areas and speak English as a second language. It is my guess that the vast majority of students were at the bottom of their graduating class. There were very few exceptions and those exceptions were frustrated and angry. It was a total waste of time and money. As another poster stated, I have to lie about where I got my degree. I am embarrassed to voice the name of this college to those whom I meet socially. Sadly, I still have a lot of student loans to pay off and it sickens me to think I continue to pay for absolutely ZERO value and ZERO marketability. In most cases, classes dumb down to the lowest denominator and A's are routinely given just for showing up and I'm aware of students receiving A's who I rarely saw in class. There were endless videos or popular movies used as teaching tools, which is insulting and a complete waste of time and money. I took classes where I turned in lengthy papers only to find out that they were never read, no comments, suggestions. Nothing. As a test, I put bogus information in the body of my report and it was handed back to me with an A - No comments. Just the A. I guess that instructor never made it to page #3! The Career counselors have no clue whatsoever. It could just be that they have nothing to work with other than a pathetically embarrassing school and really dumb students. So, it's hard to gauge their ability when you have nothing to work with. In balance, I have to say that I did have some excellent instructors. Unfortunately, they ran the spectrum from excellent to those that needed to supplement their salary by teaching and evening or weekend class while putting in no effort. Fri, 06 Jan 2012 04:29:49 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NH/HC_comments.html