StudentsReview - Florida International University - Life at FIUhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FIU_comments.html Life at FIU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about FIU for Chemistryhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FIU_comments.html This is pretty much a university where everyone hates being there. The administration doesn't care. Some faculty ignore students. The rare time a prof is actually good, they leave after a year either ... Mon, 17 Mar 2014 09:08:06 GMT StudentsReview 284-103828 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 284-103828 284 9 Chemistry Male Undergraduate Class 2012 5th Year Negative This is pretty much a university where everyone hates being there. The administration doesn't care. Some faculty ignore students. The rare time a prof is actually good, they leave after a year either by finding a much better position or departmental politics forcing them out.

The chem department is highly political. Junior profs are treated poorly. Tenured profs really don't care about anything. The labs are a literal hazard (broken equipment is common and questionable chemical storage practices).
Mon, 17 Mar 2014 09:08:06 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FIU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about FIU for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FIU_comments.html Honestly, after reading reviews of this school that were just plain awful I still decided to give it chance. Literally I believe this had to be the worst decision in my 18 years of life. I've tried ev... Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:05:19 GMT StudentsReview 284-102245 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 284-102245 284 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative Honestly, after reading reviews of this school that were just plain awful I still decided to give it chance. Literally I believe this had to be the worst decision in my 18 years of life. I've tried everything here to try and enjoy it. I joined a club, I tried to be involved, I tried to "make the best out of it". NOTHING I repeat NOTHING can make going here worth while. People are mean and arrogant, everyone has their cliques and if you're not in one too bad, and the overall environment is not welcoming at all. I came here a happy vibrant human being and I'm leaving cranky and bitter. If you have even an ounce of intelligence in you, don't waste it here. Please.

But all of this it's not the only reason I worked my butt off to transfer after my first year here. The whole system at this school is utter crap. First off housing. If u plan to live on campus, don't. What school has a "lottery" system that gives housing to people randomly and doesn't take into consideration where they came from originally? I live two hours away and was not placed but someone who lives 10 minutes away was placed. When told about this situation the administration just shrugged it off and it was basically a huge "eff you we don't care" to my face. Then you might say "oh but I'm not living on campus, that doesn't effect me!" Wrong. Parking is a joke. I've seen people miss class to find parking and if u do find parking you're probably gonna get a ticket. Then there's the financial aid department which is a complete mess, and yes they will mess with your money and not care too.

This school does NOT care about its students. Please if you take advice from anyone please understand this is not a good school. You're better saving your money not paying for $4,000+ housing and getting your AA somewhere else and transferring to a real school and not coming here.
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:05:19 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FIU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about FIU for Criminalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FIU_comments.html I found the CJ courses to be easy and extremely interesting, however and the new professors were always some kind of a joke due to their inexperience with teaching. The older professors are legit thou... Mon, 25 Nov 2013 06:13:01 GMT StudentsReview 284-97446 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 284-97446 284 44 Criminal Female Undergraduate Class 2013 2nd Year Neutral I found the CJ courses to be easy and extremely interesting, however and the new professors were always some kind of a joke due to their inexperience with teaching. The older professors are legit though, and I really learned a lot from them. It's a good school and easy major, but if you want to go the federal law enforcement route, I would suggest doing something more specific than this general because of how broad it is. Mon, 25 Nov 2013 06:13:01 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FIU_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about FIU for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FIU_comments.html Being an average student my whole life, I would think that maybe paying close attention and studying y ass off would probably get me somewhere. WRONG, these teachers make exams and quizzes 10 times mo... Wed, 23 Oct 2013 01:53:05 GMT StudentsReview 284-96642 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 284-96642 284 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Class 2018 2nd Year Neutral Being an average student my whole life, I would think that maybe paying close attention and studying y ass off would probably get me somewhere. WRONG, these teachers make exams and quizzes 10 times more difficult then what they teach you. They begin by explaining how simple biology can be, for example. And then on the the actual exam you read through it and you're like what the heck, where did he/she get this from. It seriously make you double think whether you should stick to the major or move on, when in reality you really should just because fiu is trying to build they're rep and make everyone fail to make themselves look good.
The people that go there aren't very approachable,if you are looking to have the college experience with learning and feeling successful in your field and also having an amazing social life with the students to balance it all out, then this i not, i repeat NOT the school for you.
Wed, 23 Oct 2013 01:53:05 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FIU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about FIU for Computer Engineeringhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FIU_comments.html Look, I know this is a university, thus I am becoming somewhat independent getting a B.A. But why in the world do I spend money to go to school if not to learn? Shouldn't instructors be actually teach... Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:05:09 GMT StudentsReview 284-96433 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 284-96433 284 11 Computer Engineering Male Undergraduate Class 2015 1st Year Negative Look, I know this is a university, thus I am becoming somewhat independent getting a B.A. But why in the world do I spend money to go to school if not to learn? Shouldn't instructors be actually teaching their materials? I mean, if I already know them (as they usually inferred), would I be coming to school? I've been at the school for a year now and it's really a nightmare getting one professor who actually teaches. This is quite honestly a bad school. I am NOT learning anything but what I teach myself. Well, I should say there are a couple of exceptions thus far: my physics II (PHY2049) and engineering economy (EGN 3613) instructors were/are quite normal, especially the physics'. Again, hands down the school is really horrible. Please stay away unless your options are limited as mines currently are. Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:05:09 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FIU_comments.html