StudentsReview - Florida State University - Life at FSU Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html Life at FSU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about FSU for Undecidedhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html I put this is the negative portion because when considering a university, you are more likely to find the accurate information here as opposed to the positive section which are often saturated with di... Thu, 25 May 2017 01:24:30 GMT StudentsReview 287-179998 287-179998 287 52 Undecided Male Undergraduate Class 2019 2nd Year Negative I put this is the negative portion because when considering a university, you are more likely to find the accurate information here as opposed to the positive section which are often saturated with dishonest reviews.

Florida State is a really great University. Without a doubt the night life is fun especially on Friday and Saturday night but there are a couple of things you should know. Girls that come here (especially the freshman, Sophomore or Junior) get drunk at frat parties and clubs to feed their narcissism via a bunch of good looking alphas guys constantly hitting on them and grinding on them (on their backsides) on the dance floor whilst having a boyfriend back home or in another university. Fun and all if you are into that but just make sure you dont push it to the point where you expect a random girl you met in the club to sleep with you. There are plenty of good looking frat dudes that these women can choose from so consider how much your social status is worth before you get your ego hurt.

As you probably know this school IS a BIG party school. People will party three or 4 nights in a row, (yes during the week with classes) and do it all again the following week so dont be surprised if some of the students in your class appear unable to function properly.

The weather is great most of the time and if you tan well, then you've got it going good. The classes are fine but the smaller classes can be intimidating depending on the professor. Sometimes the professor has a high demand for class participation and contribution and if you suffer from social anxiety you may struggle with such classes. Bigger classes are more fun. More people= greater opportunity to make new friends and there is less time consumption on H/W. The tests are much easier. While I was lucky many students have to deal with non English professors who do not communicate effectively. Like I said I was lucky but it is common and would be annoying.

After your freshman year (dorm life) it can get quite boring once you live off campus. The bus transportation system is fine as long as you dont have a huge course load/schedule and have to travel class to class often. Finding other people in you class to study with is a good idea but can be challenging.

The fall football season gets hectic which is super fun especially when the games are at home but standing for 3 and a half hours a game gets old unless we are playing big teams like the gators/ clemson or Louisville it isnt worth it and personally I had a lot fun going to a bar with people I knew and watching the game live on Espn.

I wouldnt worry about crime. Sure there are a few ghettos in Tallahassee and right next to the Villa De Lago, there is a homeless shelter so its not the best place to live simply because of the location.

I found this site to be really valuable in understanding what I will be in for when choosing a University hence why I wanted to write this in a way that gives you all the best idea possible. Although I am transferring to school which will help me significantly more for job opportunities after I graduate I still love this University. Go Noles and fuck the Gators.
Thu, 25 May 2017 01:24:30 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about FSU for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html Two people got shot a couple blocks from my dorm two weeks before I got there, and I heard 4 gunshots in my first two weeks. Sometimes you would hear bloodcurtling screams go on for around 30 seconds... Thu, 20 Apr 2017 02:29:07 GMT StudentsReview 287-179590 287-179590 287 58 Political Science Male Undergraduate Class 2016 1st Year Negative Two people got shot a couple blocks from my dorm two weeks before I got there, and I heard 4 gunshots in my first two weeks. Sometimes you would hear bloodcurtling screams go on for around 30 seconds, before stopping abruptly. The tunnel that connects my dorm to the main part of campus is known as the "Rape Tunnel".
The campus apparently spends all the money that it could be spending on lighting, on rape-stations. It also likes to openly brag that "FSU Men Measure Up: 9/10 FSU men believe a woman has the right to say 'no'", which means that 1/10 guys at FSU would totally rape you. And don't worry: only like a third of the campus likes to get wasted and drive in the middle of the week (and yes, FSU brags about this as well). I heard grey-haired professors talking about how wasted they got "last night on vodka" on a Tuesday.
And the students really like cocaine.
This is the partiest of party schools ever to have partied. But you'll probably be so drunk and coked out that you won't remember it.
I remember one guy who drank a whole handle of tequila in a half hour, passed out on my floor, woke up, and went clubbing. That was his pregame. I lived in a freaking dorm, not a frat house. I can't imagine how bad the frat houses must be.
DO NOT LIVE ON NORTH CAMPUS. It borders "French Town", one of the city's major ghettos. I lived in DeGraffe. That's why I heard so much screaming and gunshots.
South campus is pretty. But it's still FSU.
The class sizes are *huge*. I've gone to 3 universities now, and none had classes anywhere near FSU's sizes. I had classes of over 500 students here.
The teachers themselves are generally of pretty good caliber, and that's probably the only upshot of this university.
Beware the summer floods and visible clouds of mosquitos.
Oh, and the plates at Suwannee often have VISIBLE CHUNKS OF DIRT. You know the only time they aren't covered in some kind of dirt? WHEN THE PARENTS ARE THERE.
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 02:29:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about FSU for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html i love FSU. i had a lot of opportunity to go to other schools, that some people perceive as better schools. I am matriculating to medical school right after graduating, at my first choice medical prog... Tue, 27 Sep 2016 11:19:21 GMT StudentsReview 287-175911 287-175911 287 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2016 4th Year Positive i love FSU. i had a lot of opportunity to go to other schools, that some people perceive as better schools. I am matriculating to medical school right after graduating, at my first choice medical program. i feel a lot of work has to be done on your own- as it should be. no one will hold your hand and motivate you. but the help and resources and opportunities are there if you work hard and take advantage of them. Tue, 27 Sep 2016 11:19:21 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about FSU for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html FSU offered me an amazing opportunity when I was accepted. When I was a Freshman, many brochures I was given had the Political Science and International Affairs post graduation job placement at an ave... Mon, 15 Feb 2016 03:40:26 GMT StudentsReview 287-172742 287-172742 287 58 Political Science Male Undergraduate Class 2010 4th Year Negative FSU offered me an amazing opportunity when I was accepted. When I was a Freshman, many brochures I was given had the Political Science and International Affairs post graduation job placement at an average of 45K. In fields of business like, the FBI, CIA, LAW, etc. With that motivation, I graduated with an above average gpa(and now folks with above 3.5) who in the same field have found zero jobs. If you stayed in Tallahassee, all you have is government jobs and even they are hiring folks with quantitative degrees(i.e. Economics,Business,Math,etc) The average state employee makes 35k per year and when you start...you start as OPS which means, no benefits and below the aforementioned average. I started with a 60k worth of debt getting paid 28k. My cousin graduated with his Master's in Public Admin and couldn't find a job...he ended enlisting with the Marines and NCO getting paid dirt for literally menial work.

But here's the worst part. FSU treatment to us graduates post graduation. You'd think that after becoming a booster and spending sooo much money to the university that you'd have a better chance to get into Master programs...boy was a wrong. I have desperately tried to get into the mba program to advance in my field, given how they screwed me by giving me a degree that was worthless in the eyes of employers, they won't even accept me to their program. One you graduate, you are nothing to them unless you give them money, money, money. Even the Alumni association costs money, can't really network with any of them unless you have money or a business degree.

Honestly, FSU has hurt me deeply financially. You graduate with a ton of debt, a useless degree and then they turn their backs on you when you need a second wind. They do it because the Master's programs are ranked based on a new pool of candidates and whoever brings the best candidates with the best tests scores has the edge. If you do not test well on the tests...tough luck. Do expect a rejection letter. Syracuse University may be a little more pricey, but they recruited me as did UNC. Much better programs, much better job placement and they have normal GMAT waiver options. Where they will review your application in it's entirety, with 7 or less or 5 years of relevant work experience, if you do not have their(FSU's) required 8, they won't even look at you and it's an immediate rejection.

FSU just lost 5,000k which I was already paying for as a booster member, plus University Center Club membership and any future apparel and merchandising a year. I you have an option, do not come to FSU.
Mon, 15 Feb 2016 03:40:26 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about FSU for Nutritionhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html Like any other university, what you put into your experience is what you'll get out of it. This is especially true at a large institution like FSU. There's an enless amount of opportunities for everyo... Wed, 29 Jul 2015 02:48:07 GMT StudentsReview 287-163769 287-163769 287 73 Nutrition Female Undergraduate Class 2015 4th Year Neutral Like any other university, what you put into your experience is what you'll get out of it. This is especially true at a large institution like FSU. There's an enless amount of opportunities for everyone, both academic, social, and cultural. It's easy to feel "lost in the crowd" if you don't take the inititative to "put yourself out there." No one is going to hand you life experiences on a silver platter; you have to make the effort. You want to succeed academically and socially? Get involved in undergraduate research. Seek advice from faculty and peers. Join clubs and sports teams. Study abroad. Do an internship. These opportunities and more are available to those that want them. Your experience will be what you make of it, so put forth your best effort! I promise you can and will succeed at FSU :) Wed, 29 Jul 2015 02:48:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html