StudentsReview - Florida State University - Life at FSU Copyright 2016 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html Life at FSU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about FSU for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html FSU offered me an amazing opportunity when I was accepted. When I was a Freshman, many brochures I was given had the Political Science and International Affairs post graduation job placement at an ave... Mon, 15 Feb 2016 03:40:26 GMT StudentsReview 287-172742 287-172742 287 58 Political Science Male Undergraduate Class 2010 4th Year Negative FSU offered me an amazing opportunity when I was accepted. When I was a Freshman, many brochures I was given had the Political Science and International Affairs post graduation job placement at an average of 45K. In fields of business like, the FBI, CIA, LAW, etc. With that motivation, I graduated with an above average gpa(and now folks with above 3.5) who in the same field have found zero jobs. If you stayed in Tallahassee, all you have is government jobs and even they are hiring folks with quantitative degrees(i.e. Economics,Business,Math,etc) The average state employee makes 35k per year and when you start...you start as OPS which means, no benefits and below the aforementioned average. I started with a 60k worth of debt getting paid 28k. My cousin graduated with his Master's in Public Admin and couldn't find a job...he ended enlisting with the Marines and NCO getting paid dirt for literally menial work.

But here's the worst part. FSU treatment to us graduates post graduation. You'd think that after becoming a booster and spending sooo much money to the university that you'd have a better chance to get into Master programs...boy was a wrong. I have desperately tried to get into the mba program to advance in my field, given how they screwed me by giving me a degree that was worthless in the eyes of employers, they won't even accept me to their program. One you graduate, you are nothing to them unless you give them money, money, money. Even the Alumni association costs money, can't really network with any of them unless you have money or a business degree.

Honestly, FSU has hurt me deeply financially. You graduate with a ton of debt, a useless degree and then they turn their backs on you when you need a second wind. They do it because the Master's programs are ranked based on a new pool of candidates and whoever brings the best candidates with the best tests scores has the edge. If you do not test well on the tests...tough luck. Do expect a rejection letter. Syracuse University may be a little more pricey, but they recruited me as did UNC. Much better programs, much better job placement and they have normal GMAT waiver options. Where they will review your application in it's entirety, with 7 or less or 5 years of relevant work experience, if you do not have their(FSU's) required 8, they won't even look at you and it's an immediate rejection.

FSU just lost 5,000k which I was already paying for as a booster member, plus University Center Club membership and any future apparel and merchandising a year. I you have an option, do not come to FSU.
Mon, 15 Feb 2016 03:40:26 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about FSU for Nutritionhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html Like any other university, what you put into your experience is what you'll get out of it. This is especially true at a large institution like FSU. There's an enless amount of opportunities for everyo... Wed, 29 Jul 2015 02:48:07 GMT StudentsReview 287-163769 287-163769 287 73 Nutrition Female Undergraduate Class 2015 4th Year Neutral Like any other university, what you put into your experience is what you'll get out of it. This is especially true at a large institution like FSU. There's an enless amount of opportunities for everyone, both academic, social, and cultural. It's easy to feel "lost in the crowd" if you don't take the inititative to "put yourself out there." No one is going to hand you life experiences on a silver platter; you have to make the effort. You want to succeed academically and socially? Get involved in undergraduate research. Seek advice from faculty and peers. Join clubs and sports teams. Study abroad. Do an internship. These opportunities and more are available to those that want them. Your experience will be what you make of it, so put forth your best effort! I promise you can and will succeed at FSU :) Wed, 29 Jul 2015 02:48:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about FSU for Chemistryhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html I have taken classes at two other Florida universities and I have never experienced nearly as much grade injustice at those institutes as I have experienced here at FSU. The science departments at thi... Wed, 13 May 2015 09:28:26 GMT StudentsReview 287-161517 287-161517 287 9 Chemistry Male Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Negative I have taken classes at two other Florida universities and I have never experienced nearly as much grade injustice at those institutes as I have experienced here at FSU. The science departments at this university are filled with arrogant, condescending research professors who care more about their own research than their students.

The classes are deemed to be "harder" here. However, the difficulty of a course SHOULD be based on the content of the subject, not based on unfair exams and grading. I was in an upper level chemistry lab and I had the highest grades out of all 3 lab sections, but I did not receive and A because my lab supervising professors told me "Nobody gets an A in this class". The TA's for that lab unfairly took off points for ridiculous errors, and when I asked them about their reasoning for taking off those points they basically scoffed.

I have suffered at least 4 instances where the grading of exams/lab reports/papers has been questionable. Do not come to this school if you actually want to learn. I was an A student before attending this school. I worked hard for my grades, and I still work hard at FSU. But, achieving an A in a science class here is nearly impossible unless the professor curves the whole class several points.

AVOID THIS SCHOOL!
Wed, 13 May 2015 09:28:26 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about FSU for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html Find something you are passionate about. Find a career that you will exited about, not just one to make you money.... Fri, 06 Mar 2015 11:20:29 GMT StudentsReview 287-157869 287-157869 287 1 Accounting Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Neutral Find something you are passionate about. Find a career that you will exited about, not just one to make you money. Fri, 06 Mar 2015 11:20:29 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about FSU for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html The Political Science program is great. However, choose your minor wisely. I had hit or miss professors within the Political Science field; they were either wonderful, or arrogant and self-absorbed. I... Tue, 17 Feb 2015 10:23:38 GMT StudentsReview 287-157406 287-157406 287 58 Political Science Female Undergraduate Class 2015 4th Year Neutral The Political Science program is great. However, choose your minor wisely. I had hit or miss professors within the Political Science field; they were either wonderful, or arrogant and self-absorbed. I was a Business minor. I felt as though all of those professors were just trying to get students though, and didn't care much for the individual student. The campus is nice, just don't live on campus. The parking situation is awful, so it's best to live close to campus and walk, or try to catch the bus. Just be careful because apartments close to campus are expensive. I lived close and my rent was $715 a month in a 4/4. Tue, 17 Feb 2015 10:23:38 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/FSU_comments.html