StudentsReview - The State University of New York Westchester Community College - Life at SUNYWCC Copyright 2022 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/WCC_comments.html Life at SUNYWCC - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about SUNYWCC for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/WCC_comments.html I have read some of the posts in this forum and I was shocked1 the professors I have had until this present time, have provided challenging work, quizzes and classwork. Mr. Hamaoui, Mr. Skibo, Mr. Mit... Sun, 08 Dec 2019 11:46:03 GMT StudentsReview 2882-185830 2882-185830 2882 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 1920 1st Year Neutral I have read some of the posts in this forum and I was shocked1 the professors I have had until this present time, have provided challenging work, quizzes and classwork. Mr. Hamaoui, Mr. Skibo, Mr. Mitrione, Mr. Krozac. Mr. Thompson and Ms. Pickett to name just a few. They were all supportive of the students and tried to provide as much assistance as possible. However, their classes were not easy, you had to study and do the work.
There are quite a few adjuncts, which are just as challenging as the professors, but it is up to you to choose your classes. They also have the honors classes, through Phi Theta Kappa if you you require that extra challenge to avoid boredom.
The students are very nice and many sit within groups, so it is up to you to make friends. Either you are a social butterfly or you are not. It falls on you. They have many clubs, usually on Wednesdays and everyone is asked to join. They also have many activities, shows and even lectures if that is what you want. However, once again it is up to you to make yourself known.
The one thing that stands out in this beautiful campus, is the help provided to disabled scholars. There are quite a large number of disabled scholars and they have a support center for them that provides tutoring, as well as other services. There is also a food pantry for those in need.
Overall. I believe that this college is what you make of it and it is up to you to provide the challenges you need, make friends, and learn tolerance of others.
Sun, 08 Dec 2019 11:46:03 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/WCC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about SUNYWCC for Perfomance Artshttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/WCC_comments.html WCC was never my first choice, but it just got worse as time went on. As much as the campus is beautiful, the quality of education is not quite tip-top, to say the very least. To begin with, I take ... Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:27:01 GMT StudentsReview 2882-144188 2882-144188 2882 43 Perfomance Arts Female Undergraduate Class 2015 1st Year Negative WCC was never my first choice, but it just got worse as time went on.
As much as the campus is beautiful, the quality of education is not quite tip-top, to say the very least. To begin with, I take a class in which all the teacher does is play movies and show power-points and I have to sit there and think, "How did I end up here after graduating High School in only 3 years?" and my second thought of "Why am I paying for this?" I take another class in which I am nearly laughing because the material is so remedial if I didn't laugh, it would insult my intelligence to be sitting there. I am not trying to sound arrogant, but it's just the cold hard truth. I get nothing out of most of my classes. Yes, the teachers I have seem to be very amicable and helpful, but the classes they teach do nothing for me.
I have been at the college almost three full months and have met approximately 1 person who is not a druggie and a drunk and my only friend happens to be both. I have severely lowered my standards of proper companionship in order to make friends here. Essentially, every time I step foot on campus, I become depressed and shut down. As an empath, I know that I am not the only person who feels this way. A lot of kids walk around as I do- alone and distraught with no intention to open up. And it isn't only because they're drunks and druggies looking for their next fix, it's because they don't want to be there and are only there due to financial reasons.
I have only been here about 3 months and I am already looking to transfer out....and looking desperately. The only reason I am here is because I graduated early and my parents don't want me to go away. This is a plea; if you are looking to enter this college, DON'T. If you are in this college, GET OUT ASAP.
Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:27:01 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/WCC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about SUNYWCC for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/WCC_comments.html good school. i just don't understand some of the complains from some people in this forum. at least on the science dept, if one didn't find it somewhat challenging, you either got a easy adjunct or... Sun, 12 Jan 2014 06:06:19 GMT StudentsReview 2882-100015 2882-100015 2882 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Neutral good school. i just don't understand some of the complains from some people in this forum. at least on the science dept, if one didn't find it somewhat challenging, you either got a easy adjunct or they just dedicated themselves to take the easiest courses as possible during their school time. just saying! then everything else, everyone is spot on. no social life, drug crazy kids, hateful parking lot etc. Sun, 12 Jan 2014 06:06:19 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/WCC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about SUNYWCC for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NY/WCC_comments.html WCC is such an overrated school. Before I started there everybody told me how great of an experience I would have and that the professors are phenomenal and what not. Truth is the college just a dump.... Fri, 28 Dec 2012 04:34:25 GMT StudentsReview 2882-91212 2882-91212 2882 53 Other Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Negative WCC is such an overrated school. Before I started there everybody told me how great of an experience I would have and that the professors are phenomenal and what not. Truth is the college just a dump. There is really nothing that great about it whatsoever. There is no pride and everyone just goes to get their classes out of the way and leave. It is pretty obvious who actually cares about doing well in school and who doesn't.

The professors are terrible, some were actually pretty good but for the most part I had probably the worst teachers I've ever had in my life. They don't really teach you anything instead they just try to get you to pass and that's it you get nothing out of it after the semester ends. Every time I thought I would actually learn something, I learned absolutely nothing no matter how hard I worked or studied. I always felt like I was getting a slap in the face for doing everything I was supposed to be doing when it came to assignments, tests or whatever it was. There were to many lectures and barely learning any material or concepts. A lot of teachers didn't have a handle on their own subject either. I kept being told I was gonna get the best education from WCC, in two years I learned nothing from the college and got help from tutors, friends and had to learn so much on my own.

Not to mention the parking, it is so inconvenient its not even funny. Its almost always full especially when the semester starts, if your late for class because of parking and/or traffic being so bad and its not your fault, the teacher doesn't care one bit. The first thing you'll see if you google Westchester Community College is "Did you know that WCC has 25 acres of parking?" Gee I wonder how thats working out.

Its barely even modernized, the whole campus looks exactly the way a campus would probably look like in the 60s or 70s with the exception of the Gateway building that opened a couple of years ago. If anybody wants to workout in the weight room I warn you don't even bother the weights and machines are as old as our grandparents and the room is disgusting, they don't clean out the garbage in there enough and theres so much dust and mold. If you wanna play pick up basketball in the gym thats not gonna happen, the security guards will give you a hard time no matter what.

If anyone is considering a community college go to Dutchess, Rockland or Orange or anywhere else. Dutchess has dorms and Rockland and Orange are really good schools as well plus they're much cheaper than WCC. Here's something probably everyone is too ashamed to admit, WCC has a 10% graduate rate and less than 20% transfer from WCC. So much for being one of the top colleges in the country. The only reason people end up going back is maybe because of financial reasons not that anybody really wants to go back.
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 04:34:25 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NY/WCC_comments.html