StudentsReview - Barton College - Life at Barton Copyright 2021 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/BC_comments.html Life at Barton - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about Barton for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/BC_comments.html At first I did not think I wanted a small southern school, but BC changed that idea. I was excited to learn that BC had a new President and could see the changes on campus that this move was making. ... Fri, 17 Nov 2017 06:22:57 GMT StudentsReview 2894-181984 2894-181984 2894 30 Nursing Female Undergraduate Class 1920 1st Year Neutral At first I did not think I wanted a small southern school, but BC changed that idea.
I was excited to learn that BC had a new President and could see the changes on campus that this move was making. The Nursing Dept had a state of the arts Simulation Lab, faculty are available to you and encourage you to ask questions- unlike many colleges where 75% of learning is done on your own by restudying, reading, research, etc.. at BC professors take time and assist you in the learning process, they are not spoon feeding you but there is more guidance here than my friends have at other larger, more prestigious colleges. I expect that the Nursing Dept will see a high percentage of students passing the National exam at a higher rate. The program is awesome but of course you only get out of it what you put into it. You can earn a quality degree and stay out of large student debt.
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 06:22:57 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/BC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Barton for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/BC_comments.html Terrible school, way to expensive for a terrible education, STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL. There are only a handful of professors worthwhile. You'll get out of school in a huge amount of debt with not ... Sun, 24 Jul 2011 06:43:32 GMT StudentsReview 2894-79413 2894-79413 2894 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Negative Terrible school, way to expensive for a terrible education, STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL. There are only a handful of professors worthwhile. You'll get out of school in a huge amount of debt with not much of an education. Sun, 24 Jul 2011 06:43:32 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/BC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Barton for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/BC_comments.html When I first was becoming a student at Barton College, the faculty was extremely helpful and nice. I am a senior at this college now and feel that as time goes on, the more unhelpful every department ... Tue, 12 Jul 2011 06:14:23 GMT StudentsReview 2894-79013 2894-79013 2894 15 Education Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative When I first was becoming a student at Barton College, the faculty was extremely helpful and nice. I am a senior at this college now and feel that as time goes on, the more unhelpful every department becomes. I am involved with the Education department and find the students and professors to be, much like the rest of the college, very close-minded and judgmental. Everyday I sincerely regret not transferring out when I was able to. At this point in time they are keeping me from graduating in the timely fashion I desired simply because they are not offering a 3 credit course on campus. That's right, its required for me to graduate but not offered on the campus. This doesn't change the fact that I sincerely enjoy the education department content-wise, and have grown much from the assignments I've had to do. However I still feel excluded and regarded as an outsider when it comes to this department. Most of the faculty seem like they might enjoy working at a college much more if there weren't so many students around.

The surrounding area is not only boring but dangerous. People have been robbed walking out of the library. Despite the no trespassing sign in the entrances of this place, I am constantly dealing with aggressive panhandlers in the parking lot of my dorm building. I've had friends that have been held up at gun point in their own houses and while walking down the street. There are no bars, clubs, music venues, or any kind of social establishments in Wilson. There are three frat houses, which all get old pretty quickly.

The two types of people that are drawn to this college are students that have grown up going to private schools all their lives and students who couldn't get accepted anywhere else. As a result, Barton is a not much in terms of culture. If you are a big fan of art, music, acting etc. or if you major in anything besides nursing or business, you will find that you won't have much to talk about with the average student that goes here. Most of the people here are losers without a direction and have been broken down spiritually. The other type are just snooty and close-minded and have never been exposed to much outside of their own little town. So if you are a hardworking individualist, expect to be on your own most of the time.

I've made the mistake of staying here until my senior year and sincerely regret it. I could transfer out, but I'm doubting much of my credits would transfer.
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 06:14:23 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/BC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Barton for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/BC_comments.html this school draws you in and then you turn around and hate it! 1. The fnancial aid sucks! they give you enough for your first year then after that your on your own buddy. And trust me the school isnt ... Mon, 27 Jun 2011 05:15:27 GMT StudentsReview 2894-78570 2894-78570 2894 15 Education Female Undergraduate Class 2013 2nd Year Negative this school draws you in and then you turn around and hate it! 1. The fnancial aid sucks! they give you enough for your first year then after that your on your own buddy. And trust me the school isnt worth 34 grand!. 2. The staff helps when they want to! most are snotty and arrogant people especially the ladies in the book store. 3. If you try to leave none of your credits transfer! wtf! all your money and hard work goes nowhere. 4. The dorms suck!! and o does the food! you better pray you dont get food poision. 5. The education department is decent.....Not their snotty arrogant people tooo except dr. Willingham, mize and russell. The campus is small and the town surrounding sucks!!! and the students are just ridicolous they talk about each other and they so-called friends. So much gossip and rumors due to the size of the school... Im glad im not going back a waste of 2 years take it from me do not go unless you want to be 100,00 in debt before your 21!!!! Mon, 27 Jun 2011 05:15:27 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/BC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Barton for Accountinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/NC/BC_comments.html When trying to get information about a course the staff at the front desk at Fort Riley knows nothing other than to tell you to email an instructor (they dont have a phne number) or ask you to go onli... Mon, 18 Oct 2010 05:58:00 GMT StudentsReview 2894-72069 2894-72069 2894 1 Accounting Female Undergraduate Class 2013 1st Year Negative When trying to get information about a course the staff at the front desk at Fort Riley knows nothing other than to tell you to email an instructor (they dont have a phne number) or ask you to go online and find the ansewer your self.
The Junction City office had a sign on the door saying the were closed for training untill 12:00. However at 1:00 the doors were still locked.
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 05:58:00 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/NC/BC_comments.html