StudentsReview - Pensacola Christian College - Life at PCChttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html Life at PCC - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about PCC for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html I had actually wanted to go to another Christian College, but the Lord closed that door and opened the door to go to PCC and I am thankful for it. Yes, it is strict. I had friends who took the handb... Fri, 05 Sep 2014 06:57:55 GMT StudentsReview 294-124983 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 294-124983 294 15 Education Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Positive I had actually wanted to go to another Christian College, but the Lord closed that door and opened the door to go to PCC and I am thankful for it. Yes, it is strict. I had friends who took the handbook just to laugh at it. I went into it with the philosophy that every rule that seemed weird or extreme was there because someone had done something foolish that required it. I did not take the rules as legalistic or an expectation of how I would live the rest of my life, but as a salt shaker to help me see that I'm not the only person my age who loves God and that because I am salt in a lost world that I need to hold myself to a high standard so as not to stumble those around me. I received FANTASTIC preparation to be a teacher. I was ready to handle a multi-grade classroom or a large single-grade room; I've done both. The accredidation part has been somewhat of a headache because of the state that I moved to, but I didn't do as much research as I should have on getting it either. A few classes that count toward a master's will fix the problem. I loved the education, the music, the friends I made and the structure of the campus. I had to be to work at 6:30 in the morning,so I was thankful that my roommates could not be awake all night. I was not there because my parents made me go there or one of the girls there for an MRS degree. I was there for an excellent education and I got it. I would go there again. Fri, 05 Sep 2014 06:57:55 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about PCC for PreMed and Medicalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html The people that say this school sucks are the drop outs and losers. Everyone I know of that "hated" it are the people who are still living at home, in jail (seriously, I'm not kidding), or working at ... Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:42:20 GMT StudentsReview 294-121807 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 294-121807 294 36 PreMed and Medical Male Undergraduate Class 2010 4th Year Positive The people that say this school sucks are the drop outs and losers. Everyone I know of that "hated" it are the people who are still living at home, in jail (seriously, I'm not kidding), or working at McDonalds. Everyone I know that loved it and got a good education are successful engineers, physicians, attorneys, professors, etc. Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:42:20 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about PCC for Communicationshttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html I came from a strict church which holds quite similar values to the ones PCC imposes on their students. I was notified from a friend of a small portion of the rules that would be in place there. Howev... Fri, 15 Aug 2014 08:35:23 GMT StudentsReview 294-120665 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 294-120665 294 54 Communications Male Undergraduate Class 2006 4th Year Negative I came from a strict church which holds quite similar values to the ones PCC imposes on their students. I was notified from a friend of a small portion of the rules that would be in place there. However, I was never informed of the intense fervor they have for enforcing their arbitrary rules.
In my opinion, based on my experience as a graduating alumnus of this "college", there is no reason anyone should attend this school, Christian or otherwise. One day you may be worried about studying for an exam and getting enough time in at the library, the next, you could be looking a dean in the face wondering if you'll be expelled due to a false accusation from an overzealous floor-leader. No matter how hard you try to stay within the boundaries of the rules and no matter how well you know them, you will be cited for something at some point. All rules can be enforced by any student who decides to play morality police at any time. Even a first day freshman student. There is a guidebook for rules that you can read online or have sent to you, but it does not include the details that can drown you.
It is my opinion that this school is not concerned with how well their students are educated. I believe they are motivated to spread their practices of the "ideal Christian family" on to as many people as will put up with them. Living a certain lifestyle takes priority over any and every academic endeavor.
During an election season, you will be reminded time and again how a certain political candidate is an enemy of God's people. Then conveniently, you don't even have to leave campus to cast your vote.
With all that hassle of living on edge expecting someone to tap you on the shoulder at any moment to point out some superficial flaw, in the end, you aren't getting a single regional credit for your hard work.

WHY BOTHER?
Fri, 15 Aug 2014 08:35:23 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about PCC for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html I'm so sorry to see the negative reviews after all these years. I attended for one semester, Fall of 1981. I did not know of all of their rules prior to going and it was just not how I was raised. Ye... Mon, 07 Jul 2014 11:56:09 GMT StudentsReview 294-113306 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 294-113306 294 15 Education Female Undergraduate Class 1982 1st Year Advice I'm so sorry to see the negative reviews after all these years. I attended for one semester, Fall of 1981. I did not know of all of their rules prior to going and it was just not how I was raised. Yes, I am a Christian, but no, I am not legalistic at all. If you are not raised in an ultra-strict environment, please find out all the rules before you make your decision to attend here.. Only attend if you know you can handle their way of life. Dresses only 24/7, no dating without a babysitter. No touching at all. Schedule from sunup to sundown with nighttime curfews. No staying up all night to study.. No modern music including Contemporary Christian music. Get a handbook and make your own decision before you go. Just make certain you are getting what you pay for. Mon, 07 Jul 2014 11:56:09 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about PCC for Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etchttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html The year I spent attending PCC was the worse year of my life. The campus feels more like a prison than a college. There is a fence with razor wire enclosing the entire campus. They make you go to bed ... Thu, 12 Jun 2014 04:50:09 GMT StudentsReview 294-110455 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 294-110455 294 14 Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc Female Undergraduate Class 1990 1st Year Negative The year I spent attending PCC was the worse year of my life. The campus feels more like a prison than a college. There is a fence with razor wire enclosing the entire campus. They make you go to bed by 11pm every night, even on weekends, no matter what homework projects you may may be working on, no matter what, no exceptions, unless you want demerits. They love to give demerits there and everyone is encouraged to be a snitch. They make you go to chapel church services every single day, and some days you have to go to church more than once, the only exception is if you are sick enough to be in the infirmary. They make you attend a formal dinner every night and make you dress up for dinner too. They also require the students to dress up for all morning classes, no matter what the class was too. Women have to wear a dress or skirt and hose most of the time. The men and women have their own elevators, must not be together in isolated areas, cannot swim together, even at the beach. They have separated beaches for the men and women. You aren't allowed to have any music by a contemporary artist or anything with even the slightest beat. You aren't allowed to have your own opinions about anything and creativity and individuality is totally stifled. This was not a good recipe for being a successful artist. They do not prepare you for the real world unless you want to work at and be totally immersed in a strict, judgmental and very dogmatic church for your whole life. Do not attend this school. Run as far away from it as you can. Thu, 12 Jun 2014 04:50:09 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html