StudentsReview - Pensacola Christian College - Life at PCC Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html Life at PCC - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about PCC for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html Pensacola Christian College was a very positive educational experience for me. What I learned at school definitely helped me after I graduated. The faculty really cares about their students and were a... Tue, 13 Dec 2016 05:01:44 GMT StudentsReview 294-177377 294-177377 294 15 Education Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Positive Pensacola Christian College was a very positive educational experience for me. What I learned at school definitely helped me after I graduated. The faculty really cares about their students and were always more than willing to help in any way they could. Besides the great academic experience, I also enjoyed the athletic and social aspect of this college. There were plenty of ways to get involved, such as collegian sports and other activities, church activities, and volunteer opportunities. I loved my time at PCC. Tue, 13 Dec 2016 05:01:44 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about PCC for Astronomyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html I LOVE TO FORNICATE. My boyfriend has a monster dick, and I suck and deep throat all 13 inches of that. AND GUESS WHAT? I LUV IT. ASS FUCKING IS THE GREATEST pleasure of my life. ENJOY.... Sat, 10 Dec 2016 01:49:32 GMT StudentsReview 294-177278 294-177278 294 77 Astronomy Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative I LOVE TO FORNICATE. My boyfriend has a monster dick, and I suck and deep throat all 13 inches of that. AND GUESS WHAT? I LUV IT. ASS FUCKING IS THE GREATEST pleasure of my life. ENJOY. Sat, 10 Dec 2016 01:49:32 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about PCC for Communicationshttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html I am about ten years out of college now. Looking back, I can see several key things. First and foremost, I was not taught to be aggressive or a go-getter. In fact I was taught quite the opposite. I ca... Mon, 29 Aug 2016 03:18:09 GMT StudentsReview 294-175283 294-175283 294 54 Communications Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Neutral I am about ten years out of college now. Looking back, I can see several key things. First and foremost, I was not taught to be aggressive or a go-getter. In fact I was taught quite the opposite. I can see the effect it had on me in my first few positions. I was bombarded with instruction on being humble and obedient. There were illustrations during chapel sermons about never complaining, stay in line, obey, do what you're told. Being assertive, having ambition, being a self-starter were not traits woven into the fabric life at this school. In a faith context that makes sense. But the philosophy carried over into enforcement of an intricate series of student life rules. I entered a field that requires confidence and an occasional aggressive attitude. I went into my first two positions with the mindset that I was honoring God by doing what I was told, and not doing anything until I was told. I have seen that the staff of the college seems to operate this way. In the private sector this can be deadly. I finally shook it off and have found some measure of success.
Another key thing I recall is the lack of external internships. It was difficult to get permission to line one up. I never had one through the college. They were never mentioned in class, not listed in the catalog.
Those are the negatives. There were some positives as well.
I had access to some very current computer resources. I had instructors who had been out in the business world and were able to actually teach application alongside theory (except when it came to writing resumes. But I suspect all college professors are bad at that!). I had a solid educational foundation. The rest was up to me.
Mon, 29 Aug 2016 03:18:09 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about PCC for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html I'm a business major with a concentration in PR and advertising. Pensacola Christian College is not a place for everyone. There is definitely a learning curve for new students. However, let's look ... Fri, 26 Aug 2016 04:33:56 GMT StudentsReview 294-175226 294-175226 294 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2019 1st Year Positive I'm a business major with a concentration in PR and advertising.

Pensacola Christian College is not a place for everyone. There is definitely a learning curve for new students. However, let's look at the facts. Pensacola Christian costs roughly $35,000 with fourth year free and expenses. There are dozens of scholarships that almost all students can apply for. You have to realize that you are giving up some of the liberties that you're accustomed to like listening to the music you like or watching TV whenever you want. But the school makes up for what you're losing. The academics are wonderful, classes are appropriately difficult for your scholastic year, there is an indoor water park, a bowling ally, an ice skating rink, a rollerblading rink, a gym, a Papa Johns, an excellent library (you can go to the movie room and watch films in the library), basketball courts, a commons area, and volleyball courts. Those are just amenities though. The school gets a lot of flack for their rules and as a girl, I can attest that some of the rules seem over the top. Skirts have to reach the knee, no cleavage showing at all, no exposed shoulders, no touching the opposite gender, and so on. But these rules are relatively easy to adjust to if you're willing to realize that you're mainly at the school to gain an education. You're not at school to party(or at least I'm not.) Another great thing about the school is their willingness to work with you on finances. The school believes that if you're there then God wants you to be there and so they do everything they can do to help you stay there.

Here are some rumors vs. truths:
1) PCC does not have separate side walks for boys and girls
2) They do have separate elevators and staircases but it is legitimately because of traffic. Sometimes you have thirty people in one elevator with NO room to move. I don't want to stand that close to the opposite gender 'ya get me?
3) Girls no longer have to wear pantyhose
4) The classes you take in your freshmen year are not an accurate picture of your major. For the majority of freshmen year you're getting your gen. ed. done.
5) You do have to take a Bible class every semester
6) You will not get kicked out for saying hello to the opposite gender in public
7) You could get in trouble for purposely meeting up off campus all sneaky like
8) There is a girls side of the beach and and boy's side of a beach
9) You should NOT walk anywhere near the school if you can help it. (The intimidate neighborhood is pretty decent but after that it can get kinda sketch.)
10) Girls must always be in groups of two off campus, and at least a group of three at the beach. Boys can go off alone but shouldn't.
11) It is possible to go an entire year without getting into trouble (I had 0/100 possible demerits. And I'm not exactly a stickler for the rules.)

One of the odd things about the school is how many people are in each room. There are four people in a single room then there is a bathroom, on the other side of the bathroom is another room with another four people. So eight people one shower and one toilet. But if you develop a schedule then it's really not that bad. And the bathrooms are pretty large. The people in your room/sweet can easily become your best friends (even if you want to strangle each other sometimes.)

There's actually a really good social life too. You get to join a collegian during your second week of school. The collegians are separated into boy and girl collegians and so the people in your collegian become like sister/brothers. You also have prayer group three times a week so when you're struggling with things you can bring it to the group and you can all pray about it together, it really is a nice support. There are also a few outings each semester there are a few dating outings and a few just for fun outing like going to baseball games, or kayaking, or watching hockey.The school has two major sports teams as well with a basketball team and a new soccer team and it's a lot of fun to go to the games with your friends. (The games where we face off with BobJones are the best.)

The most important thing to remember at PCC is that you'll get out what you put in. If you decide you want to be there you're going to have a wonderful time. If you're just going because you HAVE to then you will be miserable. Even if you're going because you HAVE to you can decide that you're going to enjoy your college life.

So for anyone considering PCC:
1) Pray about it
2) Have a good attitude even thought not everything is the way you want it to be.
3) Focus on enjoying the college experience (even midterms can give you good memories!)

Hope I helped! Sorry for the odd formatting!
Fri, 26 Aug 2016 04:33:56 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about PCC for Financehttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html I would never suggest going to this college. I am going into my second semester of my sophomore year and I am miserable. I've tried transferring to a number of different colleges but no regionally acc... Fri, 05 Aug 2016 04:09:00 GMT StudentsReview 294-174705 294-174705 294 79 Finance Female Undergraduate Class 2018 2nd Year Negative I would never suggest going to this college. I am going into my second semester of my sophomore year and I am miserable. I've tried transferring to a number of different colleges but no regionally accredited colleges will accept me. If you have any doubt that you might stay all four years here, please do not waste your time. None of your credits will transfer. Also, concerning financial aid, PCC claims to be very helpful in this area. They are not. All of the admissions faculty are extremely impersonal and could care less about what financial struggles you're going through. They say that they offer scholarships, but there is only a small handful to begin with, and an even smaller number of students who actually qualify. Also, they only offer two types of student loans. The Pickett and Hatcher, and The A-beka Foundations loan. The first I mentioned only picks a small number of students from a each state. The second, can only be acquired if an EXTENDED family member will cosign. No immediate member. Concerning academics, PCC has a farely good system. However, they will load you down with TONS of homework assignments making it hard to ever have free time. Second, there are so many rules and things to have to remember in order just to keep from being expelled that it makes it hard to even focus on academics. These are just a few of MANY reason why I would suggest never to waste your time attending this joke of a college. Fri, 05 Aug 2016 04:09:00 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html