StudentsReview - Pensacola Christian College - Life at PCChttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html Life at PCC - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about PCC for History/Histories (art history/etc.)http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html I write this as a Christian, homeschooling mother of four. I spent two years at their private high school and a year at the college itself. It was a degrading experience and I was glad I got out. I... Thu, 13 Nov 2014 03:39:22 GMT StudentsReview 294-153369 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 294-153369 294 41 History/Histories (art history/etc.) Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative I write this as a Christian, homeschooling mother of four.

I spent two years at their private high school and a year at the college itself. It was a degrading experience and I was glad I got out. I ran to this school as a way to get out of a bad family situation, but I only managed to run from one emotionally and spiritually abusive situation into another.

The system the college has set up for "moral accountability" is nerve wracking and put me on edge even though I was a line follower. I was a full believer in the school when I started but in the end my fervor was eaten away by the lack of trust and true compassion from the school.

The school was really subtle about their judgmental attitudes. Many of the teachers there truly did care, but the harshness in the system was built into the deans themselves and the floor leaders/student leaders they trained. Someone could smile to your face and turn you in with no qualms the moment your back was turned. Walking around campus you would see students sitting in common areas holding phones. Those were the people you wanted to avoid. As a woman I could walk past two of them and get nailed with a demerit by the third because my shirt was "too tight" on my curvy frame. Skinny, flat chested girls could get away with tighter clothes. Heaven forbid you have an average frame, you are stuck wearing maternity type shirts or jackets all the time.

As a homeschooling mother of four children I cannot recommend this college to anyone and have actively discouraged other homeschool parents from considering this school for their child. I am raising my children to be adults. If my children still need babysitting in their college years, I have failed in my job as a parent.

I am not saying that the college experience has to have the cultural expectations of debauchery and wild living. However, I do expect my children to make sound decisions by the time they are legal adults. That should be the goal of any parent who wants what is best for their child.
Thu, 13 Nov 2014 03:39:22 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about PCC for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html I had actually wanted to go to another Christian College, but the Lord closed that door and opened the door to go to PCC and I am thankful for it. Yes, it is strict. I had friends who took the handb... Fri, 05 Sep 2014 06:57:55 GMT StudentsReview 294-124983 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 294-124983 294 15 Education Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Positive I had actually wanted to go to another Christian College, but the Lord closed that door and opened the door to go to PCC and I am thankful for it. Yes, it is strict. I had friends who took the handbook just to laugh at it. I went into it with the philosophy that every rule that seemed weird or extreme was there because someone had done something foolish that required it. I did not take the rules as legalistic or an expectation of how I would live the rest of my life, but as a salt shaker to help me see that I'm not the only person my age who loves God and that because I am salt in a lost world that I need to hold myself to a high standard so as not to stumble those around me. I received FANTASTIC preparation to be a teacher. I was ready to handle a multi-grade classroom or a large single-grade room; I've done both. The accredidation part has been somewhat of a headache because of the state that I moved to, but I didn't do as much research as I should have on getting it either. A few classes that count toward a master's will fix the problem. I loved the education, the music, the friends I made and the structure of the campus. I had to be to work at 6:30 in the morning,so I was thankful that my roommates could not be awake all night. I was not there because my parents made me go there or one of the girls there for an MRS degree. I was there for an excellent education and I got it. I would go there again. Fri, 05 Sep 2014 06:57:55 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about PCC for PreMed and Medicalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html The people that say this school sucks are the drop outs and losers. Everyone I know of that "hated" it are the people who are still living at home, in jail (seriously, I'm not kidding), or working at ... Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:42:20 GMT StudentsReview 294-121807 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 294-121807 294 36 PreMed and Medical Male Undergraduate Class 2010 4th Year Positive The people that say this school sucks are the drop outs and losers. Everyone I know of that "hated" it are the people who are still living at home, in jail (seriously, I'm not kidding), or working at McDonalds. Everyone I know that loved it and got a good education are successful engineers, physicians, attorneys, professors, etc. Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:42:20 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about PCC for Communicationshttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html I came from a strict church which holds quite similar values to the ones PCC imposes on their students. I was notified from a friend of a small portion of the rules that would be in place there. Howev... Fri, 15 Aug 2014 08:35:23 GMT StudentsReview 294-120665 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 294-120665 294 54 Communications Male Undergraduate Class 2006 4th Year Negative I came from a strict church which holds quite similar values to the ones PCC imposes on their students. I was notified from a friend of a small portion of the rules that would be in place there. However, I was never informed of the intense fervor they have for enforcing their arbitrary rules.
In my opinion, based on my experience as a graduating alumnus of this "college", there is no reason anyone should attend this school, Christian or otherwise. One day you may be worried about studying for an exam and getting enough time in at the library, the next, you could be looking a dean in the face wondering if you'll be expelled due to a false accusation from an overzealous floor-leader. No matter how hard you try to stay within the boundaries of the rules and no matter how well you know them, you will be cited for something at some point. All rules can be enforced by any student who decides to play morality police at any time. Even a first day freshman student. There is a guidebook for rules that you can read online or have sent to you, but it does not include the details that can drown you.
It is my opinion that this school is not concerned with how well their students are educated. I believe they are motivated to spread their practices of the "ideal Christian family" on to as many people as will put up with them. Living a certain lifestyle takes priority over any and every academic endeavor.
During an election season, you will be reminded time and again how a certain political candidate is an enemy of God's people. Then conveniently, you don't even have to leave campus to cast your vote.
With all that hassle of living on edge expecting someone to tap you on the shoulder at any moment to point out some superficial flaw, in the end, you aren't getting a single regional credit for your hard work.

WHY BOTHER?
Fri, 15 Aug 2014 08:35:23 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about PCC for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html I'm so sorry to see the negative reviews after all these years. I attended for one semester, Fall of 1981. I did not know of all of their rules prior to going and it was just not how I was raised. Ye... Mon, 07 Jul 2014 11:56:09 GMT StudentsReview 294-113306 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 294-113306 294 15 Education Female Undergraduate Class 1982 1st Year Advice I'm so sorry to see the negative reviews after all these years. I attended for one semester, Fall of 1981. I did not know of all of their rules prior to going and it was just not how I was raised. Yes, I am a Christian, but no, I am not legalistic at all. If you are not raised in an ultra-strict environment, please find out all the rules before you make your decision to attend here.. Only attend if you know you can handle their way of life. Dresses only 24/7, no dating without a babysitter. No touching at all. Schedule from sunup to sundown with nighttime curfews. No staying up all night to study.. No modern music including Contemporary Christian music. Get a handbook and make your own decision before you go. Just make certain you are getting what you pay for. Mon, 07 Jul 2014 11:56:09 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/PCC_comments.html