StudentsReview - Saint Leo University - Life at SLUhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html Life at SLU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about SLU for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html I slacked off in high school, so I ended up at St. Leo. Upon touring St. Leo, visitors are greeted by beautiful trees and great landscaping, which can be very captivating to parents. This school is a ... Thu, 16 Jan 2014 12:41:07 GMT StudentsReview 298-100194 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 298-100194 298 58 Political Science Male Undergraduate Class 2018 2nd Year Negative I slacked off in high school, so I ended up at St. Leo. Upon touring St. Leo, visitors are greeted by beautiful trees and great landscaping, which can be very captivating to parents. This school is a joke. The people living on campus are so bad. I have never come across more arrogant and stuck up brats in my life.

There is nothing to do here but sit and stare at the wall, do drugs or get drunk. I wish I had never come here. The girls here are terrible, people use you, people are crazy, and most lack social skills. There are a lot of homosexuals here, I have nothing against them at all but I have noticed an abundance of them. The 'international' kids stand outside of one of the classroom buildings and chain smoke cigarettes like it's cool again.

The teachers are terrible. Most of them do not plan class out and just 'wing it'. I have an English teacher who cannot even get full sentences out of her mouth. The University decided it was time to start writing more papers and has made every class write a lot of papers. Too many papers, I'm not exaggerating one bit. My advisor has changed three times without my knowledge.

Campus Living is terrible. The school advertises to every Catholic school in the nation attracting a particular crowd. These people are snotty and don't socialize. Everyone is glued to their cellphones, and ignore the rest of the world. 90% of the people you pass are wearing headphones. I mean come on, how can you live life listening to music on your iPhone all day? I hate the way the world is moving, especially with technology and how stupid people use it. Tune in with the world people it's actually quite interesting once and a while.

You're just gonna love the person you become here.
Thu, 16 Jan 2014 12:41:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about SLU for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html I enjoyed many aspects of my total experiences with Saint Leo University. I have three degrees in total from Saint Leo and they are listed below: Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration Bache... Tue, 07 Jan 2014 09:03:17 GMT StudentsReview 298-99786 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 298-99786 298 15 Education Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive I enjoyed many aspects of my total experiences with Saint Leo University.

I have three degrees in total from Saint Leo and they are listed below:
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
Masters of Arts in Educational Leadership
Tue, 07 Jan 2014 09:03:17 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about SLU for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html I am on On-line student that wil graduate this year. I WILL CONTINUE TO FIND OPPORTUNITIES TO SHARE MY OVERALL DISAPPOINTMENT WITH SLU AND P;AN TO REGISTER MY CONCERNS TO THE ACCREDITATION ASSOICIA... Mon, 09 Dec 2013 09:52:13 GMT StudentsReview 298-98198 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 298-98198 298 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2013 4th Year Negative I am on On-line student that wil graduate this year.

I WILL CONTINUE TO FIND OPPORTUNITIES TO SHARE MY OVERALL DISAPPOINTMENT WITH SLU AND P;AN TO REGISTER MY CONCERNS TO THE ACCREDITATION ASSOICIATION

Student advisors are useful in the first and last term; ONLY!!

Adminsitation and faculty are not responsive and appear to just go through the motions. Syallabus and learning modules provide conflicting information. Coursework is often simplistic and the derrived skills are dis-appointing. This has been brought to the attention to the universty staff and the non-chalance reflected in the replies (if you get them) is very disconcerting.

The 8 week term is the strongest attribute of the University followed by the on-line payment system and registration system. (They will get their money!!)

It appears that the code of ethics applies only to the students.

Custom textbooks are costly and are thinly vieled attempts to get professors published.

If SLU is representative of all of the hype associated with higher education then we are in a sad stated of affairs.
Mon, 09 Dec 2013 09:52:13 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about SLU for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html I have taken classes online and have been very impressed with the quality of the program. As I have shopped around for graduate schools I have found that Saint Leo has opened a lot of doors for me. I ... Tue, 26 Nov 2013 09:58:39 GMT StudentsReview 298-97526 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 298-97526 298 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2014 3rd Year Positive I have taken classes online and have been very impressed with the quality of the program. As I have shopped around for graduate schools I have found that Saint Leo has opened a lot of doors for me. I would recommend this school to anyone interesting in setting themselves up for success in the future. Tue, 26 Nov 2013 09:58:39 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about SLU for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html I'm going to type this in capital letters because I feel that it is entirely necessary to get my point across: DO NOT GO TO THE TALLAHASSEE BRANCH OF SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY. Test questions are misspe... Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:32:04 GMT StudentsReview 298-97410 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 298-97410 298 38 Psychology Male Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Negative I'm going to type this in capital letters because I feel that it is entirely necessary to get my point across: DO NOT GO TO THE TALLAHASSEE BRANCH OF SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY.

Test questions are misspelled, there are not clearly defined expectations, teachers do not go by the syllabus, class attendance is often worth as much of your grade as the final, percentages of total grade for each assignment are ridiculous (10 page paper = 10 points, 1 page paper = 10 points, Class participation = 10 points, Midterm = 6 points, all the same class) Most questions are entirely open ended with no real answer, lectures are very poor and unplanned, but compulsory (worth as much as the final) and everything is extremely dumbed down (Most of my assignments seem to be at a 6th grade level). It's really just horrible, and yet incredibly expensive.

Do not attend Saint Leo University's Tallahassee branch for Psychology. Just do yourself a favor and don't.
Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:32:04 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html