StudentsReview - Saint Leo University - Life at SLUhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html Life at SLU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about SLU for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html The classroom format I liked, but sadly that is the only positive about this school. Staff are rude and unhelpful. The university makes you jump through hoops for the most trivial requests. For exa... Tue, 10 Jun 2014 02:18:48 GMT StudentsReview 298-110268 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 298-110268 298 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2014 1st Year Negative The classroom format I liked, but sadly that is the only positive about this school. Staff are rude and unhelpful. The university makes you jump through hoops for the most trivial requests. For example, I am filling out AMCAS for medical school application. Because I took a few classes with Saint Leo, I need to enter that information into my application. I simply need an unofficial transcript in order to see the class names and grades. For all other schools I've attended, this has been easy to obtain. I can either log in and view online, or they promptly sent me a copy via e-mail. Saint Leo's primitive method of attaining this simple information has brought my progress to a screeching halt. I have to wait for it to come via snail mail, as this is the only method they use. Also, they do not print unofficial transcripts, the only way for me to view it is to have another official transcript (with fee of course) sent to my house. Every person I talked to about it was extremely rude.

In addition, when I tried to drop a class I was having computer difficulties. I sent a request to their helpdesk (I was not in the country and unable to call) a week before the drop deadline. I did not get a response until the day after the deadline (of course). Any attempts to address the situation were met with the same incredibly rude, uncaring response I received with my transcript request. I can't believe an educational institution is run this way. The best decision I've made about my education was to stop attending this school once I realized what a sham it is. I hope to save you the trouble. Please keep searching for a quality school, this is not it.
Tue, 10 Jun 2014 02:18:48 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about SLU for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html I enjoyed my time at SLU. I attended an offsite campus in Virginia and Distance Learning. It's great to have like-minded students working along side you. Because I attended offsite, I had an opport... Tue, 27 May 2014 01:33:45 GMT StudentsReview 298-109589 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 298-109589 298 0 Unknown Female Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Neutral I enjoyed my time at SLU. I attended an offsite campus in Virginia and Distance Learning. It's great to have like-minded students working along side you. Because I attended offsite, I had an opportunity to study with working adults, instead of teenagers right out of high school. While I am happy to report that I enjoyed the majority of my classmates, there were some issues. This is primarily an African-American College, and the University caters to these individuals. I am not racist and do not mind being submerged in a different culture, but at times, being the only caucasian in a classroom, I was exempted from many class discussions. This made some of the classes very akward.

The faculty is helpful most of the times. All of the office staff is willing to help you as soon as you call them. If you call and they are not in the office, you can leave a message, and they will call you right back. Some of the instructors are a little harder to get a hold of. The religion classes are a must and sometimes the religion professors will take their own view points and preach to the class their doctrine (not Catholic), instead of teaching the facts. To each his own though. Other instructors are very vague in their instructions and will not tell you if you are right or wrong until a mid term or final exam.

I know I put a lot of negatives, but really SLU is a good college and I would recommend going to this school to working adults. As for high school seniors, try to find another university that will give you more of a college experience.
Tue, 27 May 2014 01:33:45 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about SLU for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html The school itself was... okay. However, the social life sucked. Everyone seemed the same: extremely self-oriented. A lot of kids who come here are pretty greedy, and coniving. Guys are crazy selfish, ... Fri, 16 May 2014 02:35:10 GMT StudentsReview 298-108470 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 298-108470 298 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative The school itself was... okay. However, the social life sucked. Everyone seemed the same: extremely self-oriented. A lot of kids who come here are pretty greedy, and coniving. Guys are crazy selfish, while the chicks were super arrogant and manipulative. Almost as if most of the people fit the negative stereotype of "rich college kids". It came to the point whereas I would judge students by how they carried themselves. And mot to my surprise, many fulfilled my skepticism concerning the matter. Pretty ironic since we live in a society that constantly pressures us not to do so. The social system also seemed very cliquish. If something went wrong with two people, someone was going to get dropped from the entire group like an old broken computer or something. I felt like no one cared about anything but themselves and themselves alone. I dont want to be like that, so I will pursue my life's development elsewhere. However, to each his own. Goodluck. TBWSP. Fri, 16 May 2014 02:35:10 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about SLU for Political Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html I slacked off in high school, so I ended up at St. Leo. Upon touring St. Leo, visitors are greeted by beautiful trees and great landscaping, which can be very captivating to parents. This school is a ... Thu, 16 Jan 2014 12:41:07 GMT StudentsReview 298-100194 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 298-100194 298 58 Political Science Male Undergraduate Class 2018 2nd Year Negative I slacked off in high school, so I ended up at St. Leo. Upon touring St. Leo, visitors are greeted by beautiful trees and great landscaping, which can be very captivating to parents. This school is a joke. The people living on campus are so bad. I have never come across more arrogant and stuck up brats in my life.

There is nothing to do here but sit and stare at the wall, do drugs or get drunk. I wish I had never come here. The girls here are terrible, people use you, people are crazy, and most lack social skills. There are a lot of homosexuals here, I have nothing against them at all but I have noticed an abundance of them. The 'international' kids stand outside of one of the classroom buildings and chain smoke cigarettes like it's cool again.

The teachers are terrible. Most of them do not plan class out and just 'wing it'. I have an English teacher who cannot even get full sentences out of her mouth. The University decided it was time to start writing more papers and has made every class write a lot of papers. Too many papers, I'm not exaggerating one bit. My advisor has changed three times without my knowledge.

Campus Living is terrible. The school advertises to every Catholic school in the nation attracting a particular crowd. These people are snotty and don't socialize. Everyone is glued to their cellphones, and ignore the rest of the world. 90% of the people you pass are wearing headphones. I mean come on, how can you live life listening to music on your iPhone all day? I hate the way the world is moving, especially with technology and how stupid people use it. Tune in with the world people it's actually quite interesting once and a while.

You're just gonna love the person you become here.
Thu, 16 Jan 2014 12:41:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about SLU for Educationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html I enjoyed many aspects of my total experiences with Saint Leo University. I have three degrees in total from Saint Leo and they are listed below: Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration Bache... Tue, 07 Jan 2014 09:03:17 GMT StudentsReview 298-99786 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 298-99786 298 15 Education Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive I enjoyed many aspects of my total experiences with Saint Leo University.

I have three degrees in total from Saint Leo and they are listed below:
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
Masters of Arts in Educational Leadership
Tue, 07 Jan 2014 09:03:17 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/SLC_comments.html