StudentsReview - The University of Central Florida - Life at UCF Copyright 2016 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UCF_comments.html Life at UCF - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about UCF for PreMed and Medicalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UCF_comments.html I'm a Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology major, who will pursue a PhD after graduation. UCF is an amazing school with immense amount of opportunities for undergraduates, thus if you want to take ad... Sat, 02 Apr 2016 03:23:04 GMT StudentsReview 303-173173 303-173173 303 36 PreMed and Medical Female Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Positive I'm a Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology major, who will pursue a PhD after graduation. UCF is an amazing school with immense amount of opportunities for undergraduates, thus if you want to take advantage of these opportunities rather than just going to class and thats it - you will not be disappointed with all UCF has to offer. Personally, I've been able to have my own independent research project, travel across the states presenting it, while being fully funded because of all the grants/scholarship opportunities available. However, as a pre-grad school student, I will admit that they heavily cater to the premed students, in order to give them a fair shot at a high GPA, so a lot of core classes are read from a powerpoint, memorization which is annoying; don't get me wrong theyre still difficult, but less logic applied than other courses. Sat, 02 Apr 2016 03:23:04 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UCF_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about UCF for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UCF_comments.html The University of Central Florida is an amazing school, that has offered me so many opportunities and has shaped me into the women I am today. UCF truly lives up to their motto "UCF Stands for Opportu... Tue, 23 Feb 2016 03:27:52 GMT StudentsReview 303-172841 303-172841 303 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 2014 3rd Year Positive The University of Central Florida is an amazing school, that has offered me so many opportunities and has shaped me into the women I am today. UCF truly lives up to their motto "UCF Stands for Opportunity". I would recommend this school to anyone, and I hope one day my children go here! Tue, 23 Feb 2016 03:27:52 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UCF_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about UCF for PreMed and Medicalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UCF_comments.html Seriously, it took me 50 minutes to find a parking spot this morning at 9 am! Park and Ride - who came up with that idea? I have 4 classes a day and need to go to my car for book exchanges between... Mon, 22 Feb 2016 09:48:18 GMT StudentsReview 303-172834 303-172834 303 36 PreMed and Medical Male Undergraduate Class 2017 3rd Year Neutral Seriously, it took me 50 minutes to find a parking spot this morning at 9 am!
Park and Ride - who came up with that idea? I have 4 classes a day and need to go to my car for book exchanges between each class...park and ride takes 30 minutes round trip! What a joke! New buildings replacing engineering and Health and Public Affairs parking lots is rediculous! And then limited parking spaces are double booked with events at the Arena...Students pay 50.00 a semester then the University sells the same spots for events!!!
Mon, 22 Feb 2016 09:48:18 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UCF_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about UCF for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UCF_comments.html Please, please go get in debt with something else before ever thinking about applying to this school! You will be made to feel inferior. All of the professors are elitists who will talk down to you... Wed, 06 Jan 2016 02:50:10 GMT StudentsReview 303-172307 303-172307 303 53 Other Female Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Negative Please, please go get in debt with something else before ever thinking about applying to this school!

You will be made to feel inferior. All of the professors are elitists who will talk down to you subconsciously. The first classes you are made to take are called "weed out classes" which are insanely difficult.

I think I studied maybe 8 hours a day, asked every question, and still got Bs and Cs (this coming from a straight A high school honors student). Take it a point further: your professors will mostly be adjuncts who have extreme gaps in knowledge, and in many cases may be unable to answer your questions no matter how you phrase it. If you get on their bad side, they will be sure to destroy you.

That's it. This is how they get the handcuffs on you if you ever think about transferring to any worthwhile school. You can't now, but it's only fair because those foreign students who studied 14 hours a day worked harder right?

The books, as you guessed it, are either the most insanely expensive ones available at the bookstore (UCF special edition) or one of the Professor's choosing (which is always themselves or someone they know. The worst thing is that they all suffer from the false intelligence syndrome. All of the beginning books are using fancy words you wouldn't even encounter until grad school. Like I said, if you ask your professors to explain a concept to you, they have difficulty or will ask you to book office hours (for which they have one or two times the entire semester). I actually looked up some lectures on similar topics by well known professors at Harvard, Stanford, MIT, UPenn... and what they were saying actually made sense. You will be punished for their mistakes! I can count two times where I received a lower grade in the entire course because of a professor's factual error.

If you wanted to kick ass and chew bubble gem, you'll be deeply disappointed. UCF encourages a culture of fear and subordination. There is a lot of grade mugging going on and if you're into that esp. as a pretty girl, you just might get it. In fact, I conducted an experiment in a class I would probably fail and I passed regardless.

The social stratum at this school runs very wide: you have your rich, honors kids who you never see, your athletes, nerds, stoners, and all the races self segregate. If I had to say, the blacks & hispanics are very racist at/near this school. Look at all the acts of violence being committed that are associated with UCF. Getting to class is difficult, I'm sure, (now, with 70k students) and parking is a nightmare. They even have staged events! Hello attempted UCF bombing and Journalist Steve beheading!

...But if you like free STDs and beer, I'm sure the thousands of bros will hook you up. In which case, I feel the school would be a perfect match for you.
Wed, 06 Jan 2016 02:50:10 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UCF_comments.html
StudentsReview: Neutral Review about UCF for Social Workhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UCF_comments.html The University of Central Florida is a medium sized city in the middle of Orlando, Florida. When I think of UCF the terms "U Can't Finish" or Under Construction Forever" come to mind. Though I can a... Wed, 23 Dec 2015 11:45:42 GMT StudentsReview 303-172172 303-172172 303 66 Social Work Female Undergraduate Class 2016 3rd Year Neutral The University of Central Florida is a medium sized city in the middle of Orlando, Florida. When I think of UCF the terms "U Can't Finish" or Under Construction Forever" come to mind. Though I can appreciate that the University is growing, I tend to question how big is big enough? The school has 60,000 students. No, you read that correctly, 60,000. The only time that I did not feel like a number is when I was dealing with the very small minority of teachers/ professors who were truly passionate about their subject (my major). When I was taking "Gordon Rule" classes I always felt like a number, the teachers were non-responsive to e-mails, and I always felt like I was not important enough to them to merit their time or attention. What is even more reprehensible is my academic advisor who was absolutely worthless. I spent an ADDITIONAL YEAR as a student because she is incompetent in the position which she holds. When I graduate I suppose that UCF will have fulfilled its purpose to me which was being a vessel to graduate school, but I would recommend that prospective students look elsewhere before settling on UCF. Wed, 23 Dec 2015 11:45:42 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UCF_comments.html