StudentsReview - The University of West Florida - Life at UWF Copyright 2019 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UWF_comments.html Life at UWF - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about UWF for Archaeologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UWF_comments.html Come to the University of West Florida, a diamond in the rough and home to one of the best Archaeology programs in the State, small class sizes, and a beautiful wildlife preserve are some of the many ... Fri, 13 Apr 2018 11:20:02 GMT StudentsReview 309-183030 309-183030 309 48 Archaeology Male Undergraduate Class 1920 1st Year Negative Come to the University of West Florida, a diamond in the rough and home to one of the best Archaeology programs in the State, small class sizes, and a beautiful wildlife preserve are some of the many things this school has to offer. Sounds great, right? I thought this University would be the best for me almost one year ago when I applied, and I cannot say I wasn't overjoyed to hear I was accepted. Turns out though, the school has a side they don't show you on "Freshman Friday" or any other day when you get a tour, all of the mistakes they make that lead to poorer lives for students. My first year was promised to be "completely covered", I am now $6,500 or so in debt and without any assistance from the school, they "accidentally" gave me a grant I didn't qualify for, and then took it back! That dosent include the false accusations that result in me not getting hired on campus and keep me from getting a job in the future. Its no wonder over 35% (Currently) of the student body would choose not to return to UWF! The facilities are kept in poor condition, I can't even use a restroom outside of my Dorm room because they are so bad. Every University needs to understand that they are nothing without their students and should strive to provide the best experience for them. Fri, 13 Apr 2018 11:20:02 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UWF_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about UWF for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UWF_comments.html This school wouldn't be so bad if you lived in the area, were looking for the cheapest tuition possible for a four-year public university, and got involved socially (or in clubs) as soon as you get on... Mon, 30 Oct 2017 10:52:03 GMT StudentsReview 309-181733 309-181733 309 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 1921 2nd Year Negative This school wouldn't be so bad if you lived in the area, were looking for the cheapest tuition possible for a four-year public university, and got involved socially (or in clubs) as soon as you get on campus. However, the atmosphere of this school is very "dead" - people are stuck in their own bubbles, students and professors included, and there is a lot of pressure. The level of challenging academics varies wildly - it depends on what you are studying and who your professors are. I had one professor that I liked a lot, but that was about it. I've also had professors that wouldn't help much at all, that treated the class like high school students (assuming they were lazy, dumb, always wanting to be on their phones, etc.). One professor made me believe I was going to be able to pass the class if I did all my work (so I didn't withdraw), I worked my tail off to get my grade up and did everything they asked plus extra credit, and they gave me a failing grade anyway (there was no points system and assignments were spontaneous, so I couldn't calculate it myself to argue). I had been in college for a few years and been through some especially difficult classes, but had always did very well until then. I had great AP and IB marks in high school, so I certainly wasn't a "lazy" student. This is mostly a commuter school, so making social connections is trickier than if most of the student body lived in dorms and had a sense of community. You have to pay out-of-pocket for club fees, but that seems to be the norm at most public universities. My advisor was useless - wouldn't answer my emails; told me I could graduate in a year then after finally releasing my degree audit to me I found it would take over two years. The campus is not very safe, there are frequent sexual harassment/violation reports and there were a few instances of gunshots fired while I was there, fortunately no one was hurt. The townspeople are kinda creepy, sadly many live in poverty, it is very close to Alabama so you get people from there as well. The campus seems racially diverse, but I don't know how discriminating the police are, and there has been some violence from the townspeople on campus.There appears to be a little spoken of mental health crisis on campus, too. Free limited counseling is offered, but there was a waiting list to get help from psychological services.
My advice: unless you must study marine biology or are a local commuter looking to save a lot of money, seek a degree elsewhere. Every school has its ups and downs, but I entirely regret my time here. I finished my degree at a different school and am much happier, wish I did it earlier.
Mon, 30 Oct 2017 10:52:03 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UWF_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about UWF for Art & Design Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UWF_comments.html From time to time, students with personal or mental issues dislike that they cannot manipulate the system, department or police the way they might at lesser schools they may have attended. These stud... Fri, 01 Jul 2016 10:17:34 GMT StudentsReview 309-174192 309-174192 309 60 Art & Design Department Female Undergraduate Class 2017 4th Year Positive From time to time, students with personal or mental issues dislike that they cannot manipulate the system, department or police the way they might at lesser schools they may have attended. These students might be likely to write highly untruthful or wildly biased reviews. Such students, with personal agendas and nursing a load of malice, will have problems no matter where they attend school. UWF is a tremendous university, and students willing to make a reasonable effort will have a great experience here and gain an outstanding education. Fri, 01 Jul 2016 10:17:34 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UWF_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about UWF for Art & Design Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UWF_comments.html If you see a positive review for this school, it was written by an employee who is being forced to write it. This is the most negative insane campus I have ever seen, and I have moved due the military... Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:25:11 GMT StudentsReview 309-174116 309-174116 309 60 Art & Design Department Female Undergraduate Class 2017 3rd Year Negative If you see a positive review for this school, it was written by an employee who is being forced to write it. This is the most negative insane campus I have ever seen, and I have moved due the military many times. The level of skill with professors is so bad, I can't believe they actually have degrees. There is NO safety for minorities here. Don't feel comfortable because there are black staff members, they are sell outs and gain acceptance by being self hating blacks. If you complain about anything, the school will publicly humiliate you and sanction you for speaking up. The campus police are insane and corrupt too. Don't believe anything admissions has to say, they are paid to lie to you. Go ANYWHERE else! Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:25:11 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UWF_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about UWF for Art & Design Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UWF_comments.html The classes at this school are way lower level than high school. And don't complain or the school will retaliate against you. And I am not kidding, they will use any means they can to shut you up. The... Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:10:44 GMT StudentsReview 309-172913 309-172913 309 60 Art & Design Department Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative The classes at this school are way lower level than high school. And don't complain or the school will retaliate against you. And I am not kidding, they will use any means they can to shut you up. The school is incredibly racist. If you are minority, don't do it!!! Don't listen to the staff about how great it is there. They will lie so bad you will not believe it. Don't be a sucker! Students are terrified to move around because of campus police brutality. Most professors are just adjunct, which means that they are not full time and don't care. Parents, if you send your children there, they are not safe and will not get anything promised! Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:10:44 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/UWF_comments.html