StudentsReview - Spring Hill College - Life at SHC Copyright 2021 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/AL/SHC_comments.html Life at SHC - Comments en StudentsReview: Neutral Review about SHC for Englishhttp://www.studentsreview.com/AL/SHC_comments.html Enroll in Spring Hill. Its academic and campus life will stay with you forever.... Mon, 14 Sep 2015 01:53:17 GMT StudentsReview 32-170899 32-170899 32 17 English Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Neutral Enroll in Spring Hill. Its academic and campus life will stay with you forever. Mon, 14 Sep 2015 01:53:17 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AL/SHC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about SHC for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/AL/SHC_comments.html If you are going into science go to the University of Alabama. This school has a strong chemistry and biology department, but it lacks experience that students need to succeed in the workforce. This s... Mon, 02 Feb 2015 04:17:36 GMT StudentsReview 32-156990 32-156990 32 6 Biology Female Undergraduate Alumna Class 2000 Negative If you are going into science go to the University of Alabama. This school has a strong chemistry and biology department, but it lacks experience that students need to succeed in the workforce. This school does not have too many internships for you to gain experience. In other schools that I have visited, they have undergraduate research with industrial companies. This undergraduate research is required for graduation and I have seen this help students. Unfortunately, this school does not have this program for some undergraduate degrees. In addition, on December 19, 2014 an individual working for financial aid was caught for embezzling 180,000 dollars from this school from 2010-2014. If I was a new student, I would not go to this school because you don't know where your money will go in this school. I would recommend if you do go to this school to carefully plan out your time here and do not major in a science at this school. Sometimes, it can take you more than four years to complete a B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Biochemistry. Your money and time are best spent in another school that does not cost 40,000 a year. If you try to get a degree in a science, transfer classes in and take as many credits as you can handle each semester. Good luck with this school. Mon, 02 Feb 2015 04:17:36 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AL/SHC_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about SHC for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/AL/SHC_comments.html I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I found it quite surprising that there were so many negative comments on my school. People give up on SpringHill so quickly. Maybe people don't me... Thu, 07 Aug 2014 06:08:09 GMT StudentsReview 32-119197 32-119197 32 30 Nursing Female Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Positive I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I found it quite surprising that there were so many negative comments on my school. People give up on SpringHill so quickly. Maybe people don't meet the right friends right away, or it's just easy to give up and transfer to a bigger school. This school is my home because I stocked it out the first semester and found where I belong. It's the REAL world. When you get into a career or job, you don't just leave because the first couple of days were rough. This life and it will be hard at any institution that you choose to go to. All of my teachers are amazing here. They really take the time to know you and they KNOW when you aren't there. It's really important to show up to all classes. This school is about learning, not partying. I'm a nursing major and it is really challenging. You will make an A if you study. The nursing program has gone WAY up. It's one of the top in the state now. Springhill has taken a turn for the better. I love it in mobile and people need to remember this is COLLEGE, you eat crappy cafeteria meals at every college and you're gonna be broke anywhere you go. I wouldn't choose to go anywhere else. Thu, 07 Aug 2014 06:08:09 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AL/SHC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about SHC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/AL/SHC_comments.html Do not go to Spring Hill if you want a college experience. This is like high school all over again. You meet the same people everyday and do the same ting every day. A better way to describe this hell... Thu, 24 Oct 2013 08:46:58 GMT StudentsReview 32-96678 32-96678 32 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2017 1st Year Negative Do not go to Spring Hill if you want a college experience. This is like high school all over again. You meet the same people everyday and do the same ting every day. A better way to describe this hell hole of a school is that its a boarding school. The only good thing about this school is that it's pretty. I have 2 good professors and the rest are absolute crap. The math dept. is pathetic. You have to do online notes and homework and the Nursing Dept. here is a joke. If you want to become a nurse skip this school. It is know to have a horrible nursing program. Night life is a joke all the bars in downtown mobile are a joke and you just waste a ton of money for cover charges. Another thing is that this school is very expensive even with a scholarship you have to pay abot 43 thousand dollars to go her with out a scholarship and i got the biggest scholarship of 25,000 and my parents are literally paying out the wazoo for me to go to this shit hole. When you are a senior you get to the in the good ole apartments. They are crap. One is condemned thanks to the negligence of the staff. If you decide to go here, you won't be seeing me because Im transferring the hell out of here to Alabama or LSU. Thu, 24 Oct 2013 08:46:58 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AL/SHC_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about SHC for Englishhttp://www.studentsreview.com/AL/SHC_comments.html The thing about this school is that you have to fit the mold. I know this because I did my freshman year. I wore the right clothes and talked to the right people. I was out drinking every weekend and ... Tue, 27 Aug 2013 01:59:29 GMT StudentsReview 32-95528 32-95528 32 17 English Female Undergraduate Class 2014 3rd Year Neutral The thing about this school is that you have to fit the mold. I know this because I did my freshman year. I wore the right clothes and talked to the right people. I was out drinking every weekend and made a great group of friends. However, after that year I was too busy to stay in the social light and it seemed like all my friends were too. The problem was that I don't have enough time to go out and keep up with new people as I was trying to work full time and stay in school full time as well. Since this school is so small everyone already knows everything about you. It is difficult to meet new faces and feel welcome because I know they know the things I wish they didn't--perhaps during my party period. How awkward.

Another thing is that I was told that the gym renovation would be complete by the time I started school back in 2010. It has not been touched. Don't let them fool you. The landscaping will always be maintained and beautiful but the mold in the apartment buildings and dorms will not be addressed.

The nursing program was in danger back in 2011. Many nurses changed their major--- and transferred although the school discouraged it. The teacher who exposed this was fired almost immediately. The business program was in danger of being discredited, and I know a few students who transferred because of that.

The food in the caf is mostly only great when they know prospective students are touring the campus and also during Family Weekend. I do have to say that my freshman year had pretty good food, but it went down hill from there.

The athletics are desperate are creating new teams (track and cross country) to bring in more people and of course, money. The basketball team brings in the money so they get better equipment while the baseball team is neglected.

Parties are not what they used to be. All the people who graduated before me are disappointed in that fact.

The standards for getting into the school has gone down. That's what happens when a school gets desperate. This must be why the crime on campus has gotten so bad. The students from around here are probably letting their nonstudent friends in to steal the phones and laptops. It is getting to be ridiculous here.

Attending this school is like buying an ugly brand name purse. You just hope you can walk away looking good from the logo because you paid for it. It probably wasn't practical or worth it, but the name is still there.
Tue, 27 Aug 2013 01:59:29 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/AL/SHC_comments.html