StudentsReview - Stevens Henager College Ogden - Life at SHCO Copyright 2017 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html Life at SHCO - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about SHCO for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html Went for nursing because the wait list are too long elsewhere. HUGE mistake! They lied about their accreditation, lie about admission criteria (they are desperate for your money and will take anyon... Fri, 30 Sep 2016 05:09:38 GMT StudentsReview 3451-175993 3451-175993 3451 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative Went for nursing because the wait list are too long elsewhere. HUGE mistake! They lied about their accreditation, lie about admission criteria (they are desperate for your money and will take anyone), lied about academic challenge by saying their standards are high but peers all passing with B or higher grades without actually earning the grades (instructors are changing grades and syllabi to pass students), lied about clinical by telling me we went to specific hospitals and other well known locations but we aren't welcome most places and we get only the worst shifts, lied about employment ability upon graduation as nurses where we do get clinical tell me the schools rep is so bad they wouldn't hire grads from Stevens-Henager. I left and find my credits won't transfer anywhere and b/c S.H. is not accredited for Nursing!!!! Instructors are burnt out and treated terribly by a Dean who is outright crazy!! Cost of program is outrages at $50K for just an Applied Degree. What a JOKE! Do not waste your time; they spend a lot of time trying to convince potential students that they will do great here, but the education is a joke. They just your money!!! Awful School! Fri, 30 Sep 2016 05:09:38 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about SHCO for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html This school charged me $20,000 in student loans without allowing me to finish the program because "they couldn't find a externship site" nearly 2 years later, still waiting. Working towards filing a ... Sun, 05 Jul 2015 11:27:08 GMT StudentsReview 3451-162927 3451-162927 3451 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2013 1st Year Negative This school charged me $20,000 in student loans without allowing me to finish the program because "they couldn't find a externship site" nearly 2 years later, still waiting. Working towards filing a class action lawsuit again this "school". If you are in the same situation as i am SPEAK UP!!! Please email me so we can get OUR money back!!! Sun, 05 Jul 2015 11:27:08 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about SHCO for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html If you are looking into Stevens Nursing school DON"T DO IT!!! Do your research and GO somewhere else. Don't waste your time or your money. The teachers are overwhelmed with all the classes they have t... Wed, 21 Jan 2015 08:20:01 GMT StudentsReview 3451-156632 3451-156632 3451 30 Nursing Female Undergraduate Class 2016 2nd Year Negative If you are looking into Stevens Nursing school DON"T DO IT!!! Do your research and GO somewhere else. Don't waste your time or your money. The teachers are overwhelmed with all the classes they have to teach and the students suffer The school staff will back stab you and the Dean will lie to your face. They are NOT accredited they lost their accreditation back in 2014 and their appeal was denied. They have made my life hell when I decided to go to a different school. SO DON"T DO IT!!! Wed, 21 Jan 2015 08:20:01 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about SHCO for Art & Design Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html I am 28 years old and possess an Associate's Degree from the "Educational Institution" known as: Stevens-Henager College. Did i mention I had to move back in with my parents after I had to start payin... Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:41:46 GMT StudentsReview 3451-150530 3451-150530 3451 60 Art & Design Department Male Undergraduate Class 2012 2nd Year Negative I am 28 years old and possess an Associate's Degree from the "Educational Institution" known as: Stevens-Henager College. Did i mention I had to move back in with my parents after I had to start paying back that $40k back?

It all started back in 2010. January 18th to be exact. I've never prided myself on being much of an academic (more on that later) and initially SHC seemed perfect. Small class sizes, one on one time with instructors etc... It wasn't until I signed my life away on the dotted line and classes had already started that I realized... IT'S A TRAP! where a good chunk of the student body had no place on a college campus, myself included...

I was enrolled in the Graphic Arts program and from the start, it seemed like something was askew, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I think the second mod I took was APPS 101. This course (4 weeks worth) taught you the basics of using a computer and your most basic programs, like Word. Sadly... many of the students struggled. Even with that.

I wasn't too far down the rabbit hole, when I decided enough is enough. after three months or so, I decided to drop out to the tune of about SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS... Financial Aid & my Dean both insisted that I stay and finish my degree, so I can get that "high-paying job" - a pitch that for-profit schools have mastered over the years.

Roughly two years later, degree in hand I graduate. Except for the degree in hand. You don't actually get your Diploma/Degree until you have a zero balance remaining with the school.

Even with the scandal in the news about their deceitful recruitment tactics, their doors remain open.

It is now October 2014. I'm 28 years old and STILL $40k in debt. I can't find a job, seeing how just about every job posting makes it VERY clear that they are looking for a 4 year degree from an accredited UNIVERSITY.

Please learn from my mistake. STAY AWAY FROM STEVENS-HENAGER!
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:41:46 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about SHCO for Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etchttp://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html I am on the last week of my first course here at SHC online. I can honestly say that I love this school. It may cost alot, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Those of you who think that ... Wed, 22 Aug 2012 01:28:34 GMT StudentsReview 3451-88989 3451-88989 3451 14 Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc Female Undergraduate Class 2015 1st Year Positive I am on the last week of my first course here at SHC online. I can honestly say that I love this school. It may cost alot, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Those of you who think that SHC is a scam or hate it, that is your opinion and I will respect it, but you need to consider something first. Did you do the work? Did you put forth the effort? Everyone that I have come in contact with has been great and helpful. I can always get ahold of someone if I have any questions or need help with something. I may respect your opinions, but I don't and will never agree with you. This is one of the best online colleges I have attended. I have attended a different college before called Kaplan. That was a bad college. SHC is not a bad college. Wed, 22 Aug 2012 01:28:34 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html