StudentsReview - Stevens Henager College Ogden - Life at SHChttp://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html Life at SHC - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about SHC for Art & Design Departmenthttp://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html I am 28 years old and possess an Associate's Degree from the "Educational Institution" known as: Stevens-Henager College. Did i mention I had to move back in with my parents after I had to start payin... Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:41:46 GMT StudentsReview 3451-150530 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 3451-150530 3451 60 Art & Design Department Male Undergraduate Class 2012 2nd Year Negative I am 28 years old and possess an Associate's Degree from the "Educational Institution" known as: Stevens-Henager College. Did i mention I had to move back in with my parents after I had to start paying back that $40k back?

It all started back in 2010. January 18th to be exact. I've never prided myself on being much of an academic (more on that later) and initially SHC seemed perfect. Small class sizes, one on one time with instructors etc... It wasn't until I signed my life away on the dotted line and classes had already started that I realized... IT'S A TRAP! where a good chunk of the student body had no place on a college campus, myself included...

I was enrolled in the Graphic Arts program and from the start, it seemed like something was askew, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I think the second mod I took was APPS 101. This course (4 weeks worth) taught you the basics of using a computer and your most basic programs, like Word. Sadly... many of the students struggled. Even with that.

I wasn't too far down the rabbit hole, when I decided enough is enough. after three months or so, I decided to drop out to the tune of about SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS... Financial Aid & my Dean both insisted that I stay and finish my degree, so I can get that "high-paying job" - a pitch that for-profit schools have mastered over the years.

Roughly two years later, degree in hand I graduate. Except for the degree in hand. You don't actually get your Diploma/Degree until you have a zero balance remaining with the school.

Even with the scandal in the news about their deceitful recruitment tactics, their doors remain open.

It is now October 2014. I'm 28 years old and STILL $40k in debt. I can't find a job, seeing how just about every job posting makes it VERY clear that they are looking for a 4 year degree from an accredited UNIVERSITY.

Please learn from my mistake. STAY AWAY FROM STEVENS-HENAGER!
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:41:46 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about SHC for Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etchttp://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html I am on the last week of my first course here at SHC online. I can honestly say that I love this school. It may cost alot, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Those of you who think that ... Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:28:34 GMT StudentsReview 3451-88989 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 3451-88989 3451 14 Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc Female Undergraduate Class 2015 1st Year Positive I am on the last week of my first course here at SHC online. I can honestly say that I love this school. It may cost alot, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Those of you who think that SHC is a scam or hate it, that is your opinion and I will respect it, but you need to consider something first. Did you do the work? Did you put forth the effort? Everyone that I have come in contact with has been great and helpful. I can always get ahold of someone if I have any questions or need help with something. I may respect your opinions, but I don't and will never agree with you. This is one of the best online colleges I have attended. I have attended a different college before called Kaplan. That was a bad college. SHC is not a bad college. Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:28:34 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about SHC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html I was fortunate to get out of this school after a couple of months. This school is not a ?scam? but it is a rip off. Selling a nationally accredited bachelors degree for 70,000? Please! Here is a list... Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:02:58 GMT StudentsReview 3451-86067 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 3451-86067 3451 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative I was fortunate to get out of this school after a couple of months. This school is not a ?scam? but it is a rip off. Selling a nationally accredited bachelors degree for 70,000? Please! Here is a list of costs for a bachelors degree I found online at stevenshenagertruth.blogspot. com.

Stevens Henager- $71,000
University of Utah- $27,750
Ohio State- $38,844
University of Washington- $28,200
Michigan State- $51,288

Do the math, and make a smart choice.
Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:02:58 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about SHC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html Stevens Henager College is the biggest load of bull S*$% I have ever endured! This school promises a better future... I have a bachelors in Health Care Administration. Employers have caught on to how ... Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:51:00 GMT StudentsReview 3451-83046 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 3451-83046 3451 7 Business - Management and Administration Female Undergraduate Class 2010 3rd Year Negative Stevens Henager College is the biggest load of bull S*$% I have ever endured! This school promises a better future... I have a bachelors in Health Care Administration. Employers have caught on to how worthless this degree is, and student loan companies have jumped on seeing how valuable these giant loans are. After graduating with a $56,000 \'worthless\' degree I found a job making $12/hr. My student loans with Stevens Henager, Sallie Mae, and others are more than $842 in monthly payments. Do the math, that is nearly 50% of my income. I cannot make a decent wage, I cannot afford to pay my bills and continue to put food on the table. When discussing payment plans for Stevens Henager alone, I asked the FINANCIAL ADVISOR how much he thought my student loans from the gov\'t would be per month and his response was \"well that is between you and the federal government\".... of course he wasn\'t going to tell me that I was going to have more loan payments then I could afford. DO NOT GO TO STEVENS HENAGER!!!! The school is a joke. It is a financial gain for them, they don\'t give a shit about their students, only the bottom dollar. Oh, and that computer you get, mine didn\'t even work through graduation.... that\'s how amazing that computer is.... also it is included in your tuition for almost 5,000.... Go buy a Mac and go to a real school. Unless you have endless time and money to waste with Stevens Henager..... BOISE ID GRADUATE.... DO NOT MAKE SAME MISTAKES I DID!!!!!! Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:51:00 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about SHC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html All they want it money and that's it. The teachers there didn't care what you submitted because it wasn't like they really cared to read them. I made up different stuff in the middle of my papers in e... Tue, 30 Aug 2011 03:04:18 GMT StudentsReview 3451-80499 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 3451-80499 3451 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative All they want it money and that's it. The teachers there didn't care what you submitted because it wasn't like they really cared to read them. I made up different stuff in the middle of my papers in everyone of my classes every week and yet I was never told nothing. They just give you a grade regardless what the work was. Now I'm at a different college it took my awhile to get accepted into because Stevens wouldn't send any of my transcripts to the school i wanted to until it was almost time to start classes but I'm glad I changed schools i'm more happier and my teachers actually know that they are talking about and can teach it correctly, but I'm out of a lot of money, plus my financial aid didn't cover some of it and now they want that back ASAP or they will charge for the damn laptop. Tue, 30 Aug 2011 03:04:18 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/UT/SHC_comments.html