StudentsReview - Bethany College - Life at BChttp://www.studentsreview.com/WV/BC_comments.html Life at BC - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about BC for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/WV/BC_comments.html This school was an absolute waste of time and money. My transfer paperwork was finally accepted, I can't wait to go to a new college next year! I went here for one year, for business and the experienc... Fri, 25 Jul 2014 06:50:40 GMT StudentsReview 3547-115690 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 3547-115690 3547 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative This school was an absolute waste of time and money. My transfer paperwork was finally accepted, I can't wait to go to a new college next year! I went here for one year, for business and the experience was terrifying. There were parties every night with plenty of fights to go around. I was offered almost every single drug you can purchase. The girls I met in class said that they were sexually assaulted and harassed by plenty of the student athletes, who by the way can barely read or write. The food made me sick on several occasions. The walkaways are never plowed! I had to walk up snow covered hills for F#$#$# reason! Fri, 25 Jul 2014 06:50:40 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/WV/BC_comments.html StudentsReview: Advice Review about BC for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/WV/BC_comments.html Do not go to this school. There is rape, theft, drugs, fights, and parties everywhere. The dorms are disgusting and the food is worse. People around here are here for athletics and not an education. T... Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:19:21 GMT StudentsReview 3547-113507 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 3547-113507 3547 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Advice Do not go to this school. There is rape, theft, drugs, fights, and parties everywhere. The dorms are disgusting and the food is worse. People around here are here for athletics and not an education. This may be one of the worst colleges you can attend. Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:19:21 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/WV/BC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BC for Physical Therapy/Exercise Sciencehttp://www.studentsreview.com/WV/BC_comments.html I came into this school thinking it was going to a lot of fun and that everyone would be friendly and that i would be able to socialize with other people without having to be intoxicated. However, i w... Thu, 12 Jun 2014 12:34:03 GMT StudentsReview 3547-110436 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 3547-110436 3547 74 Physical Therapy/Exercise Science Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative I came into this school thinking it was going to a lot of fun and that everyone would be friendly and that i would be able to socialize with other people without having to be intoxicated. However, i was wrong this school is full of druggies and drunks that could absolutely care less about the academics. the facilities are absolutely horrible for example the wifi is terrible meaning you will wait 10 minutes just to load google. to make things worse there is a power outage once every 2 weeks and they typically last for a whole day or two..
Also being that west virginia is a state that receives a lot of snow be prepared to walk to class on unsalted/unplowed side walks because they are too cheap to plow or salt anywhere.
I decided to come to bethany because i thought the dorms were nice and i wanted to play baseball. well turned out the dorms weren't as nice as they seemed due to power outages and shitty/nonexistant internet. As far as baseball goes the coach is an idiot to put it nicely. we won a total of 2 games out of 40 yet he still would stick the same people out there instead of taking his favorites out.
Coming to this school was an complete mistake on my part and i truly do regret it. do not come to this school
Thu, 12 Jun 2014 12:34:03 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/WV/BC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about BC for Communicationshttp://www.studentsreview.com/WV/BC_comments.html Lets first say that if you are from a small town or like to be a big fish in a small pond you will succeed at this school. I am from a large city and it was just too much for me to handle with absolu... Tue, 20 Aug 2013 04:50:09 GMT StudentsReview 3547-95403 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 3547-95403 3547 54 Communications Male Undergraduate Class 2014 2nd Year Negative Lets first say that if you are from a small town or like to be a big fish in a small pond you will succeed at this school. I am from a large city and it was just too much for me to handle with absolutly nothing to get away from. There is a small town of Wellsburg which is about twenty minutes away which has a Kroger or Sheetz to get get food but thats about it. The Frats and Sororities were ok but got old fast. They try to do things to keep you occupied but I'm telling you it is killer boring and I played a sport and lifted everyday. The classes are fine and challenging but forget it if you need to talk to a professor they are fighting to get out of their to. The professor turn over rate is rather large. It seems that they get their experience there at bethany and move on. If you want something stolen this is the place for you there is something called CV shopping where kids go through the dorms looking for unlocked rooms, which there is no shortage of, and rob those kids blind looking for aderol, TV's and anything that is not nailed down. Keep your stuff locked up everynight. I met some great kids there though and will miss them and on Prof that actually cared about me and talked straight to me telling me that I should go because she noticed how miserable I was there. If you go here keep your eyes open lots of bad stuff can happen here. Drugs are big and can consume you if you let it. With that said there are a ton of kids that absolutly love this place to it just wasn't for me. Tue, 20 Aug 2013 04:50:09 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/WV/BC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about BC for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/WV/BC_comments.html Though this may come across as bias, I feel as if this is honestly the worst school in America. They claim to be a Church of Christ school, however they bring in nothing but "thugs" for athletics and ... Thu, 07 Mar 2013 03:17:41 GMT StudentsReview 3547-92447 Copyright 2014 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. 3547-92447 3547 0 Unknown Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Negative Though this may come across as bias, I feel as if this is honestly the worst school in America. They claim to be a Church of Christ school, however they bring in nothing but "thugs" for athletics and they usually drop out and bring more in. I have not met a freshman yet that says they love it up here. Bethany has one of the worst retention rates in the nation. I cannot stress how horrible this school is. I came here to play Football since they seemed so genuine when it came to recruiting only to find out that they brought in 120 freshman football players... Which most likely 10 will stay. They have a bar that serves underage alcohol. Which this may come across as cool, but its not. They have security and cops who wait for certain kids to walk out only to bust them with underage drinking. I HATE this school. Since the first week of school I was ready to leave and my thoughts have not changed a bit for a single second. The surrounding area is horrible, there is absolutely nothing to do. And Bethany may act like they want you for athletics or etc. However in reality that could care less. This school is a complete scam they just want your money and that's it. Now granted the teachers are friendly and some students are nice and cool it does not make up for the negatives this school has. I honestly wouldn't stay here if they paid me the money to come here. This school is also notorious for having "Magic Mushrooms" look it up. About ten years ago there was a bust of over 100 students (Keep in mind Bethany has like 600-700 kids) for picking and eating hallucinogenic mushrooms. Thats the perfect environment you want your kid in! Oh and the football team is horrible, the lacrosse team is terrible and the track and baseball teams suck. There is no school spirit here. There is no such thing as unity. This was honestly one of the worst mistakes of my life coming here. Please do not make the same mistake I did. I would start a campaign to get this school discontinued if I could. Everyone who i talk to always has a ton of negative comments to state about this school.

Oh and on a closing note the "Greek life" is pathetic. The social life is non existing. I feel as if I traveled back in time and I am currently stuck in HELL. The computer labs are awful, still running on windows XP.. The dorms are disgusting. And being a former athlete everyone at this school is an athlete. Which if you dont play sports have a good time fitting in. This school is nothing but cliques and thugs. In my closing remarks please NEVER COME HERE. SAVE YOUR MONEY SAVE YOUR TIME AND DO NOT WASTE A YEAR OF YOUR LIFE LIKE I DID.

Oh and lastly your freshman year they make you take bullshit classes. For example they make you take a foreign language again, in which will be an elective and not transferable class. They make you take j term which once again wont trasnfer and then they make you pick from a list of classes such as superheroes, beatles, heroes and villains, olympic games, and etc. THESE WONT TRANSFER. And how do you think a university will react when they a superhero class on your schedule? They will laugh.

DO NOT COME HERE