StudentsReview - Mid America Christian University - Life at MACU Copyright 2022 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/OK/MABC_comments.html Life at MACU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about MACU for Nursinghttp://www.studentsreview.com/OK/MABC_comments.html I would not recommend MACu to anyone. Majority of the staff are rude and condescending. There are a handful of professors and enrollment counselors who are half pleasant. At least fake pleasant until ... Fri, 20 Oct 2017 05:57:18 GMT StudentsReview 3674-181551 3674-181551 3674 30 Nursing Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative I would not recommend MACu to anyone. Majority of the staff are rude and condescending. There are a handful of professors and enrollment counselors who are half pleasant. At least fake pleasant until your out of ear si?hot. You have to have financial aid or be wealthy! Fri, 20 Oct 2017 05:57:18 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OK/MABC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about MACU for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OK/MABC_comments.html The financial Aid is a nightmare! In 2014 it was fine, but when the new year came 2015, everything went haywire. I had to attend another college because of the stress from financial Aid. I am glad i... Wed, 07 Oct 2015 07:01:45 GMT StudentsReview 3674-171196 3674-171196 3674 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Negative The financial Aid is a nightmare! In 2014 it was fine, but when the new year came 2015, everything went haywire. I had to attend another college because of the stress from financial Aid. I am glad i went to Liberty University, they know what your financial Aid is for the whole year and you know what to expect. The instructors were okay, not the best but they were fine. Mid America gets a D from me. Wed, 07 Oct 2015 07:01:45 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OK/MABC_comments.html StudentsReview: Neutral Review about MACU for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OK/MABC_comments.html The curriculum is great. Have had some professors that are not easily accessible and some that were great. At first everything was great. I had a friend tell me that she had issues with the financial ... Wed, 27 May 2015 10:59:50 GMT StudentsReview 3674-161894 3674-161894 3674 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Neutral The curriculum is great. Have had some professors that are not easily accessible and some that were great. At first everything was great. I had a friend tell me that she had issues with the financial and business part of her education. Soon that became my story as well, along with others. It is unreal to me how unconcerned the financial aid office is when it comes to the well being of a student and their finances From not keeping their word to cheating me out of money. I continuously hear bad things about this school. I'm so close to getting my degree but am leaving as I cant take another year of unprofessionalism for the amount of debt that I have created with this university. It saddens me that I came here with high expectations being a Christian University. Hopefully you will have a better experience. Wed, 27 May 2015 10:59:50 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OK/MABC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about MACU for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OK/MABC_comments.html I have been attending this school since 2010, while I think the academics are good at the school. They have horrible customer service when dealing with students in regards to financial aid. Furthermor... Mon, 14 Jul 2014 06:18:02 GMT StudentsReview 3674-113810 3674-113810 3674 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Negative I have been attending this school since 2010, while I think the academics are good at the school. They have horrible customer service when dealing with students in regards to financial aid. Furthermore they also did not ask students for permission or provide them with informed consent before enrolling students into a financial management program called SALT Money from which you will receive emails and calls about repayment of loans. Students are able to talk directly to the department of education themselves concerning repayment options through NELNET which is the Govt. servicer of these loans.

Recently MACU has adopted a policy of not providing financial aid overages to students at the beginning of the semester, like most other colleges and universities. They also have made the decision to provide disbursements of overages into two separate payments at the mid point of the semester and at the end. When I inquired about this a woman in financial aid said it was to help students, however now students such as myself cannot use that overage immediately to obtain necessary items such as a new laptop or other school related expenses. Further more when MACU did provide the overage disbursement at the beginning of the semester it often took as long as four weeks for it to arrive where as at my previous school the overage disbursement was available on the same day the semester started.

The most recent financial aid award to me from MACU was actually smaller than I was supposed to get based on my SAR from the Dept. of Education. Other schools were going to grant me the maximum I was eligible for. MACU also treats their adult students far differently than traditional students who have recently graduated high school, which other colleges and universities do not do. It is a serious trial and effort to obtain even the most basic of services from MACU such as a student ID required for buying such educational items as educational editions of software to help save on school costs.

Were it not for the fact I am very close to graduating and I do not want to have to transfer at this late date I would not choose to attend MACU again no matter how good the academics are at the school. They seem to have forgotten that students are actually customers of their services and products and that the financial aid money being spent at the school is actually the students money.

I also kept having to reproved transcripts to the school because they lost the original sets provided to them.
Mon, 14 Jul 2014 06:18:02 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OK/MABC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about MACU for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/OK/MABC_comments.html I loved Mid America! Even though it is a Christian university, it is safe to say that not every student is pursuing Christ-likeness but that can be said about almost any university. I have found the f... Mon, 02 Jun 2014 06:06:07 GMT StudentsReview 3674-109960 3674-109960 3674 38 Psychology Male Undergraduate Class 2018 1st Year Positive I loved Mid America! Even though it is a Christian university, it is safe to say that not every student is pursuing Christ-likeness but that can be said about almost any university. I have found the financial-aid office to be extremely helpful and go above and beyond whenever I had questions or needed help finding additional scholarships. The professors are pretty good, they're nice and definitely care about your growth and potential. The dorms are set up as 4 room suites and if there was ever any problems at all the campus maintenance was quick to respond and fix things. It is close to downtown Oklahoma City, maybe 15 minutes away, but I loved Oklahoma City. It has that small city feel but definitely has a ton to offer, with more still being added. I would recommend Mid-America to anyone looking for a faith based school to further advance their education. Mon, 02 Jun 2014 06:06:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/OK/MABC_comments.html