StudentsReview - American Military University - Life at AMU Copyright 2016 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/AMU_comments.html Life at AMU - Comments en StudentsReview: Negative Review about AMU for Business - Management and Administrationhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/AMU_comments.html Before I started the university I checked several ratings sights and almost all of them stated that the school was okay, BUT they would hold your money for grants ETC. I asked the school about it and ... Wed, 03 Feb 2016 01:29:11 GMT StudentsReview 3860-172599 3860-172599 3860 7 Business - Management and Administration Male Undergraduate Class 2016 3rd Year Negative Before I started the university I checked several ratings sights and almost all of them stated that the school was okay, BUT they would hold your money for grants ETC. I asked the school about it and they said that the negative comments were from students who were mad and just dropped out or failed a class.
Now I am a good student, make good grades and don't mind the classes and yes they ARE holding my money. My classes have been paid for quickly and for months, but the school keeps given excuses why they can't refund my grants scholarships and other holdings even though the money is free and clear. Right now they have almost $10,000 just setting in their bank drawing interest while I'm trying to work and go to school. WE depend on that money especially veterans who are in rehab programs to live on. SO VETERANS BEWARE THEY WILL HOLD YOUR REFUND MONEY. I have attended two other universities and was refunded before the 5th week, but not hear. If your on a budget and depend on your refund money, find another school. I have gone to far to stop now. One Veteran told me they held his money for 6 months after graduation. They say it takes several months of VA to pay, but we all know they get a pay voucher as soon as they present the bill. My VA counselor even confirmed they have their money.
Wed, 03 Feb 2016 01:29:11 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/AMU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about AMU for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/AMU_comments.html Faculty and students are civil, respectful, knowledgeable, friendly and college material professionals. However, the course material do not reflect on real world application in my chosen field: securi... Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:21:07 GMT StudentsReview 3860-172004 3860-172004 3860 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2015 4th Year Negative Faculty and students are civil, respectful, knowledgeable, friendly and college material professionals. However, the course material do not reflect on real world application in my chosen field: security management. There is more theory and history lessons than teaching about the real world business needs so a graduate can actually qualifies for security management positions. I felt I've waste years of effort and money on this bachelor's degree.

After almost 7 months, I still have not been able to land a decent security job my security management degree is suppose to help me with. Oh I've got lots of work experience and tried, but the job requirements are not what I had school training for. I literally would have to get more course work in business (to underststand the admin environment) and accounting (to understand budgeting and resource allocations) to qualify for a management position.

In conclusion, I would not reccommend APUS/AMU for this degree.
Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:21:07 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/AMU_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about AMU for Criminalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/AMU_comments.html This is an online school. Geared towards the adult military student. I mean adult! Not 18 year olds. The teachers, anyone can call themselves a professor have no reality! If you want to succeed look f... Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:06:58 GMT StudentsReview 3860-171760 3860-171760 3860 44 Criminal Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative This is an online school. Geared towards the adult military student. I mean adult! Not 18 year olds. The teachers, anyone can call themselves a professor have no reality! If you want to succeed look for a school that understands study in the military! Understands working 6 day a week 12-14 hour a day shifts. The comedy, the problem teachers are not the teachers of my core classes. I would look at other schools. It is to late for me to change! Sadly I have to deal with this! It isn't cheap! Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:06:58 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/AMU_comments.html StudentsReview: Positive Review about AMU for History/Histories (art history/etc.)http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/AMU_comments.html Overall AMU gave me the chance to see good teaching from experienced educators... Sat, 07 Nov 2015 08:15:26 GMT StudentsReview 3860-171664 3860-171664 3860 41 History/Histories (art history/etc.) Male Undergraduate Alumnus Class 2000 Positive Overall AMU gave me the chance to see good teaching from experienced educators Sat, 07 Nov 2015 08:15:26 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/AMU_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about AMU for Otherhttp://www.studentsreview.com/VA/AMU_comments.html Vet-fvckers is what they are. Their Veteran's Service Office is severely lacking. Veteran's relying on using their GI Bill, beware. I've been to two other schools that are brick and mortar (Tallahas... Sun, 21 Jun 2015 06:51:36 GMT StudentsReview 3860-162527 3860-162527 3860 53 Other Male Undergraduate Class 2015 2nd Year Negative Vet-fvckers is what they are. Their Veteran's Service Office is severely lacking. Veteran's relying on using their GI Bill, beware. I've been to two other schools that are brick and mortar (Tallahassee Community College and Florida State University). Those two schools were actually VETERAN FRIENDLY. By that, I mean if you were relying on your GI Bill to pay for your tuition they would defer your tuition payment until you received your benefits. American MILITARY University doesn't do this. They put the veteran in a financial bind by requiring immediate payment at the time of registration. So, if the vet is directly out of service and wants to better themselves through further education, AMU requires you to already have the money OR TAKE OUT A LOAN so that you can pay them in advance FOR THE BENEFITS THAT THE VET HAS ALREADY EARNED. I contacted the VA GI Bill office and they said that the school could request an advanced GI Bill payment for me in order to cover tuition. I contacted AMU again to inquire as to whether or not they could do this for me, they said "uh yeah, we don't do that". It's bad when the VA says that AMU has a horrible rep when it comes to money. The VA has to go round for round with them. DON'T BE FOOLED BY "MILITARY" being in their title. I was, and I'm extremely disappointed that the two PUBLIC COLLEGES I attended rep better than this place.

Their Financial Aid Office isn't much better. Go ahead and fill out your FAFSA application online at fafsa.gov, list AMU as the school you're attending, and be told by the Fin Aid Office at American MILITARY University that it wasn't completed in time even though it is stamped that it was processed 5 days prior to the due date and get screwed out of a $3717 pell grant. The worst part of both offices is that they deliver the bad news to you via email on Friday afternoons between 1630-1700 EST.
Sun, 21 Jun 2015 06:51:36 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/VA/AMU_comments.html