StudentsReview - Augustana College - Life at Augustana Copyright 2021 StudentsReview, Ecliptical Technologies, Inc. http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/AC_comments.html Life at Augustana - Comments en StudentsReview: Positive Review about Augustana for PreMed and Medicalhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/AC_comments.html This place has single-handedly changed my life. I transferred here after one year at another undergraduate university. Augustana took this into consideration and made sure to speak to me about the p... Wed, 03 Jun 2020 04:02:18 GMT StudentsReview 393-186363 393-186363 393 36 PreMed and Medical Female Undergraduate Class 1921 3rd Year Positive This place has single-handedly changed my life.
I transferred here after one year at another undergraduate university. Augustana took this into consideration and made sure to speak to me about the possibilities of me joining their family with sensitivity on subjects regarding my bad experience at the other University.
Immediately I was rushed with optimism here as they talked me through many of their activities and opportunities available to their students and two coaches from the University from teams of the sports I played on in high school had contacted me with interests for me joining their teams at the University too.
The beginning transition to this school was handled with ease and support from the faculty that helped me with my transfer and the students were incredibly welcoming. I immediately got involved and within two months secured my spot to a competitive Neuroscience study abroad for the following summer. Faculty wanted me involved and gave me a plethora of opportunities that only led me to a clinical service excursion in Costa Rica for the same summer.
This school gets a lot of hate for its administration, but I believe it is fogged by a few unfortunate cases instead of the overall picture of what this school does for its students. Being an undergraduate during the pandemic was full of uncertainty, but Augustana did an incredible job to make sure every individual student was represented in this situation. They even made sure the graduating seniors felt their experience at Augustana was not finished just because they were home- they sent customized champagne glasses to every senior's home and a live broadcast of a senior toast to honor the hard work each student did in their years at Augustana.
Augustana continues to hold the heart of its many Alum as they continue to grow into amazing professionals who always continue to give back to the students and school.
I highly recommend Augustana for anyone who is either outgoing or introverted, a science nerd or theater enthusiast, a athlete or violin prodigy. Whats awesome is many of these students classify as more than one of these things and plenty of others. Augustana is a community, often joked as a bubble- but not in a bad way. You will feel at home and you will achieve what you put your mind to here with the help of other students, faculty, coaches and mentors, and even the Alum.
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 04:02:18 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/AC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Negative Review about Augustana for Geography and Geoscienceshttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/AC_comments.html I attended this school for two years. I was very happy with the quality of education, how beautiful the campus is, and especially the caliber of the faculty. Although I had a very positive experie... Tue, 01 May 2018 09:05:00 GMT StudentsReview 393-183151 393-183151 393 56 Geography and Geosciences Male Undergraduate Class 2019 2nd Year Negative I attended this school for two years. I was very happy with the quality of education, how beautiful the campus is, and especially the caliber of the faculty.

Although I had a very positive experience before I transferred to a school better equipped for my major, I feel compelled to leave a negative review because of how poorly the administration handles sexual assault cases.

This is not an appropriate place for details, but please believe that this is a sincere accusation based on the experiences of sexual assault survivors who underwent the process.

I mean seriously... administration tells girls NOT to go to the cops, and instead are subjected to a hearing in front of a panel of random faculty, a RANDOM STUDENT from student government, and the individual that assaulted them?

Other than the administration's insistence on internally (mis)handling felony level offences, great school.

Ethan W - I left in 2016. Deans you know me.
Tue, 01 May 2018 09:05:00 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/AC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Advice Review about Augustana for Unknownhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/AC_comments.html If you are a student of color, don't waste your time.... Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:26:59 GMT StudentsReview 393-157325 393-157325 393 0 Unknown Female Undergraduate Class 2017 2nd Year Advice If you are a student of color, don't waste your time. Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:26:59 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/AC_comments.html StudentsReview: Negative Review about Augustana for Biologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/AC_comments.html They claim to be a competitive school to get into; however, I don't understand how they can claim this when you are not required to submit any standardized test scores (ACT/SAT). I have many friends w... Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:03:28 GMT StudentsReview 393-105938 393-105938 393 6 Biology Male Undergraduate Class 2000 Negative They claim to be a competitive school to get into; however, I don't understand how they can claim this when you are not required to submit any standardized test scores (ACT/SAT). I have many friends who choose not to submit their scores (many of whom scored in the mid-teen range on the ACT) because they thought it would hurt their chances of admission. Obviously, it would not have mattered.
They focus on your accomplishments in high school and praise you on how bright you are, as evidenced by your acceptance into Augie.
I went to a well-respected high school, and the classes taught here were taught either on par with or below the level of my freshman year high school classes. I am a biology major (which is considered one of the more challenging majors), and I was able to use my notes from freshman year high school biology to help me study for tests. And that was for classes that were specific to my major. The "perspectives" classes were taught at an even lower level, had nothing to do with my major, and are used as money makers for the school.
The surrounding town is unsafe, and at night, the surrounding town seeps onto the campus. They found the body of a murdered man at a park a few blocks away from campus. Parents should not feel safe sending their kids here.
They claim that Greek life is big here, but it's not real Greek life. The frats and sororities are made up and have no national affiliation, yet they act as if they are the hot shots on campus.
Overall, go to a school that will actually challenge you so that you can get a job after graduation and not be 150k in debt.
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:03:28 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/AC_comments.html
StudentsReview: Positive Review about Augustana for Psychologyhttp://www.studentsreview.com/IL/AC_comments.html I absolutely love Augustana and am so glad I chose to study here. The professors are extremely invested in their students and I have had so many opportunities for internships and clinical experiences.... Sun, 02 Mar 2014 09:59:48 GMT StudentsReview 393-102439 393-102439 393 38 Psychology Female Undergraduate Class 2015 3rd Year Positive I absolutely love Augustana and am so glad I chose to study here. The professors are extremely invested in their students and I have had so many opportunities for internships and clinical experiences. I am also involved in many clubs on campus. The social life is definitely what you make it. There are parties if that's what you like, but if not there are normally concerts or other activities to do. If you are not a partier, you're sure to make friends that are similar, then you can have your own fun. I love everything about Augie and hope you will too! :) Sun, 02 Mar 2014 09:59:48 GMT http://www.studentsreview.com/IL/AC_comments.html